Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We don't know for sure, but I suspect it's a combination of misogyny and narcissism. Violent video games don't turn someone into a murderer. Seeing violence in their household or being abused could play a factor. Obviously not everyone who is abused becomes an abuser or murderer, but may contribute to someone doing this. Or he could just be a psychopath who doesn't have empathy. I do think America has a giant problem with young males and violence though. Too many kill people because they don't know how to process their emotions or deal with their lives. It's hard to understand.
I think it has to do with the large numbers of people having children who aren’t emotionally or mentally prepared in this country. Having kids with whomever has become like a fad in this country. Nobody wants to actually raise the kids or teach them how to be a responsible individual. And then we are all incredulous when that baby grows up into an emotionally absent adult. I’m not saying that every bad person had a bad upbringing but it sickens me to see how many kids are simply left to their own devices at a super young age because their parents didn’t care. MOO

We don't know for sure, but I suspect it's a combination of misogyny and narcissism. Violent video games don't turn someone into a murderer. Seeing violence in their household or being abused could play a factor. Obviously not everyone who is abused becomes an abuser or murderer, but may contribute to someone doing this. Or he could just be a psychopath who doesn't have empathy. I do think America has a giant problem with young males and violence though. Too many kill people because they don't know how to process their emotions or deal with their lives. It's hard to understand.

All MOO. Historically, any society past tribal had problem with men reaching puberty. And any modern country does. There is a disconnect between the genetic program of early tribal men whose lifespan was 20 years (so the goals were, to feed the tribe via hunt, to protect the tribe via war and to make sex with as many women in possible for gene diversity). So teenage behavior defying social norms that we see nowadays is the remainder of that old program. We are still a very young species on the land, we just evolved due to a couple of interesting mutations. Old societies had structured ways to send out the most active/troublesome young people out (think, crusaders, or sea travels, etc). Nowadays, life has changed more than people. What to do with them? There are few organized structures except for the army, and they help. I think channeling energy into athletics helps too. Definitely not sitting at the computer alone with one’s thoughts. Again, pure JMO.

Just a short article about todays court case…
Thank you, so no one could see him but the court officials. No comment when reporters asked questions.

I was curious to see if he had a turtle suit on, guess we aren’t going to get any details until after the PC Hearing on 9/16.

Okay I agree the parading around the courtroom is a bit much. But I seriously feel like his mugshot or something should be out there. MOO
We stopped doing mugshots awhile back unfortunately, but I agree. What we really need is transparency - how this happened, the possible whys and what as a community we can do to prevent more Bryce like people. Were there red flags ignored (like the recent Georgia shooter?) Did he make people uncomfortable? Worried? IDK

All MOO. Historically, any society past tribal had problem with men reaching puberty. And any modern country does. There is a disconnect between the genetic program of early tribal men whose lifespan was 20 years (so the goals were, to feed the tribe via hunt, to protect the tribe via war and to make sex with as many women in possible for gene diversity). So teenage behavior defying social norms that we see nowadays is the remainder of that old program. We are still a very young species on the land, we just evolved due to a couple of interesting mutations. Old societies had structured ways to send out the most active/troublesome young people out (think, crusaders, or sea travels, etc). Nowadays, life has changed more than people. What to do with them? There are few organized structures except for the army, and they help. I think channeling energy into athletics helps too. Definitely not sitting at the computer alone with one’s thoughts. Again, pure JMO.
Interesting. He was invovled in sports, from what I looked up. Football I believe. But yes, young men (and some old ones) really struggle to keep their *advertiser censored* together. Not sure of the answer. Other countries seem to have less issues, so we could start with seeing how they do things.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Yeah, this perp doesn't seem like he's from a neglected background at all, but likely from a nice family, had a college education, and was establishing a good career for himself. Obviously he turned out to be a perp, but I don't think he was floundering in life.

jmopinion

Last edited by a moderator:
We stopped doing mugshots awhile back unfortunately, but I agree. What we really need is transparency - how this happened, the possible whys and what as a community we can do to prevent more Bryce like people. Were there red flags ignored (like the recent Georgia shooter?) Did he make people uncomfortable? Worried? IDK
Agreed. Plus I kinda feel like he should be named and shamed because he doesn’t deserve any special treatment. I must admit I’m angry. This man took away a special person. Nurses are extraordinary human beings and this case makes me see red.
MOO

Agree, we've strayed very far from what is necessary for each gender to mature. Along the lines of what you said, "definitely not sitting at a computer alone with one's thoughts", unfortunately no matter a person's interest or deviance, there's stuff on the internet to feed it and even affirm/condone it. The echo chamber isn't saying, "That's completely wrong and unacceptable!" Whereas in the past, the larger family/community group would be feedback about what's acceptable or not, guide the person back on track.

Agree, we've strayed very far from what is necessary for each gender to mature. Along the lines of what you said, "definitely not sitting at a computer alone with one's thoughts", unfortunately no matter a person's interest or deviance, there's stuff on the internet to feed it and even affirm/condone it. The echo chamber isn't saying, "That's completely wrong and unacceptable!" Whereas in the past, the larger family/community group would be feedback about what's acceptable or not, guide the person back on track.
Where is the info coming from that he spent his time on the computer? He was a nurse. Did I miss this reference?

jmo

Where is the info coming from that he spent his time on the computer? He was a nurse. Did I miss this reference?

jmo
There isn't anything specific about that with him, the original OP was making a larger point that as a society we've strayed away from what youth used to do during these formative years and it can be problematic.

Does anyone else wonder if maybe she and her neighbor had a side thing going on and that he was upset that she was actually going through with getting married bc maybe she was going to or did cut it off and he didnt want to lose that?

Im just trying to wrap my head around any sort of motive here on his end...weve seen it plenty of time where there is none but it just seems kind of unbelievable that he would have just done this without anything being somewhat personal in nature.

Been wrong before and certainly could be here but again just trying to think of how this would happen and just be a neighbor wanting to kill another neighbor out of the blue and so early in the morning...feels like there has to be some context/background to a relationship or something....
absolutely agree. I was going to comment earlier that I can’t wrap my head around motive either so I’m just patiently waiting to see if he was obsessed with her for some time or perhaps it was some crazy neighbor rage about something inconsequential and he snapped…

I’m glad that her poor new husband wasn’t targeted and torn down by the internet and media!

SEP 9, 2024
A court document showing probable cause, which would reveal more details on the case, has been sealed for now.

Schubert's case is set for a status check on Tuesday morning. Schubert is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary probable cause hearing on September 16th.

Charging doc is viewable in the video and states as to count 2, kidnapping, that "without consent or legal authority, take Melissa Jubane from one place to another, with the intent to interfere substantially with Melissa Jubane's liberty..."

Last edited:
There isn't anything specific about that with him, the original OP was making a larger point that as a society we've strayed away from what youth used to do during these formative years and it can be problematic.
I don't get it. In this case, with this perp, there doesn't seem anything amiss with his formative years that we know about. He seems like an all-American kid on his way to becoming a successful adult. I'm confused by the discussion, tbh.

jmo

I don't get it. In this case, with this perp, there doesn't seem anything amiss with his formative years that we know about. He seems like an all-American kid on his way to becoming a successful adult. I'm confused by the discussion, tbh.

jmo
I agree. Killers come from all walks of life. Honestly, I think he was obsessed with her and he had a plan but it failed miserably. I think the intent to rape will be exposed but maybe not murder. JMO

Last edited:

jmo
I'm wondering if it's an entitlement thing. And when he didn't get what he wanted, he decided to kill her. JMO.

jmo
Obviously, based on evidence, there's a lot wrong with this perp. Appearances can be deceiving, case in point! We'll find out exactly why he's a monster in time, even though he appears "all American".

I'm wondering if it's an entitlement thing. And when he didn't get what he wanted, he decided to kill her. JMO.
I know I am replying to myself here but I really wish we could get more details. Like did she fight back, and then he accidentally killed her? Did he drug her with something and she passed away from that? In one of the news articles it said this: Both groups declined to comment, except one man who identified himself as a supporter of Schubert and said he didn’t believe the accusations against him.

And in various FB comments of people who knew him, went to school with him, worked with him...they all said such amazing things about him and can't believe that he did this.

I guess we never truly know who somebody is!

Crime does not immune anyone. Simply, he chose to commit this act. Income and being exposed to the finer things in life doesn't scream entitlement to make a person become a criminal JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makaylaj
Back