Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if Melissa told her coworkers about a creepy neighbour or something along those lines. Something they could have passed on to LE when requesting a welfare check. I know it was super out of character for her to not show up to work, and I have certain people I know where if they're 20 minutes late, I panic. But seeing the police respond so quickly to an adult missing from work makes me wonder if there was more information given to them. Either way, they responded really quickly and seemed to do a great job getting an arrest.

Imo

Okay. I don't remember seeing that, and it kind of changes things in my mind. So, if you run across a link please post. TY
Looked everywhere, and you are right. Strange behavior over last week first mentioned in the article dated by Sep 7, 2024. Melissa disappeared on Sep. 4. So if we take it literally, strange behavior should have started around the time Melissa and her husband, the newlyweds, flew out of Hawaii (August 31), but of course, timewise, the whole statement might be imprecise. I hope it will be clarified in the future.

Noting a different or possibly more precise time Melissa's door was locked

SEP 9, 2024
She reportedly last locked the door to her apartment at 6:22 a.m. that day but didn’t show up to work at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center as expected. Her car was still parked in the apartment complex’s garage.

Noting a different or possibly more precise time Melissa's door was locked

SEP 9, 2024
She reportedly last locked the door to her apartment at 6:22 a.m. that day but didn’t show up to work at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center as expected. Her car was still parked in the apartment complex’s garage.
That can be a busy time for ppl to head for work , especially if they commuted to Portland because travel is awful on Hwy 26 so perhaps the garage is not where he was laying in wait. JMO

Last edited:
SEP 10, 2024
Schubert was only visible to the judge and court officials at the front of the courtroom, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported. It was unclear whether he appeared on a video screen or in a holding cell with a glass window.

Schubert's public defender, Greg Scholl, said his client tried to plead not guilty, but that the Washington County Circuit Judge Elizabeth Lemoine said she could not accept it. Court rules do not allow defendants to enter felony pleas before they are indicted by a grand jury, the news organization said.

SEP 10, 2024
Schubert was only visible to the judge and court officials at the front of the courtroom, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported. It was unclear whether he appeared on a video screen or in a holding cell with a glass window.

Schubert's public defender, Greg Scholl, said his client tried to plead not guilty, but that the Washington County Circuit Judge Elizabeth Lemoine said she could not accept it. Court rules do not allow defendants to enter felony pleas before they are indicted by a grand jury, the news organization said.
Looks like his PD wanted to get his client's not guilty plea out in the public domain which is a common tactic to tone down the public's view of the sp. It helps in regards to any potential juror the defense might want to have to serve on the jury. JMO

Just checked the court site and noticed this addition to yesterday's arraignment entry:

Parties Present
Defendant: Schubert, Bryce Johnathan

Maybe he had tons of scratches or marks on his body from the victim and they didn't want that to be shown to the public before anyone got called for jury selection . Washington county hasn't had a high profile case for a long time. JMO

I'm torn about Ring cameras in apartment buildings. While I agree the building should have cameras at key points (like elvators and stairwells) and only available to building staff, I would worry about neighbors spying on the timing of my coming and going, even if I was just going to the garbage chute in my nighttime comfy wear.
This is a recent vote with the HOA (condo) I am on and for stalking and privacy reasons we had to vote no on inside and outside cameras. The inside cameras face the neighboring door and inside the unit. We had a possible stalking complaint.
I did want the outside ground floor cameras kept because of crime but was voted down.

So, he was in the courtroom? Gah! Sorry for my conflicting news report a couple of posts ago that stated he was not, that his appearance was virtual.
He was there but conflicting reports from reporters. They mostly do arraignments in the courtrooms in the jail complex due to short staffing because they use to walk them through an underground tunnel to the courthouse across the street. Only family members, lawyers and limited media allowed.

That's not what I was gettng at when I said 'entitlement'. Some men just think they are entitled to women. Has nothing to do with income, or the finer things in life. I think it's a result of the patriarchy, but that's my opinion on that.
Agreed. Some men have issues where they don't understand that just because they see something and like it, that they do not have the right to take and desecrate it, simply because they are male.

Oregon and several other states mandated no mug shots. It was a decision with out a vote from Oregonians. The Gov decided that unfortunately.
Older ones are still up though. I'll never forget looking up my ex's very unique surname. The mugshots go back to the early 80's to his dad and it is probably 18 pages of all my in laws declining into addiction it's so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5
Back