Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All the counts are bad, but count 3...
Sending my condolences to Melissa's husband, family and friends, am so very sorry for their loss.

(Going to return to lurk mode)

Moo
The abuse of a corpse in the 2nd degree was chosen because in the profession he was in , he violated the healthcare standards he promised to uphold when he got his nursing license. JMO

All the counts are bad, but count 3...
Sending my condolences to Melissa's husband, family and friends, am so very sorry for their loss.

(Going to return to lurk mode)

Moo
It's not as bad as it sounds as it's in the 2nd degree. Now if in the 1st degree (it's not).... that's really bad.

In the 2nd degree could simply mean moving or concealing the body, which I think is what he did IMO. I think it's "B":

Regarding second-degree abuse of corpse, ORS 166.085 provides:

"(1) A person commits the crime of abuse of corpse in the second degree if, except as otherwise authorized by law, the person intentionally:

"(a) Abuses a corpse; or

"(b) Disinters, removes or carries away a corpse.

"(2) Abuse of corpse in the second degree is a Class C felony.

"(3) As used in this section and ORS 166.087, ‘abuse of corpse’ includes treatment of a corpse by any person in a manner not recognized by generally accepted standards of the community or treatment by a professional person in a manner not generally accepted as suitable practice by other members of the profession, as may be defined by rules applicable to the profession."

The abuse of a corpse in the 2nd degree was chosen because in the profession he was in , he violated the healthcare standards he promised to uphold when he got his nursing license. JMO
I've never heard of criminal charges being made based on someone's profession. If he broke professional standards, that's up to the professional board to enforce. The law is the law, the same for everyone.

jmo

I've never heard of criminal charges being made based on someone's profession. If he broke professional standards, that's up to the professional board to enforce. The law is the law, the same for everyone.

jmo
I have seen it in other cases when teachers abused victims because it went against the conduct of teachers when licensed because they are mandatory reporters to report abuse. In Oregon, the sp must meet all requirements in the count they are charged with . JMO

It's not as bad as it sounds as it's in the 2nd degree. Now if in the 1st degree (it's not).... that's really bad.

In the 2nd degree could simply mean moving or concealing the body, which I think is what he did IMO. I think it's "B":

Regarding second-degree abuse of corpse, ORS 166.085 provides:

"(1) A person commits the crime of abuse of corpse in the second degree if, except as otherwise authorized by law, the person intentionally:

"(a) Abuses a corpse; or

"(b) Disinters, removes or carries away a corpse.

"(2) Abuse of corpse in the second degree is a Class C felony.

"(3) As used in this section and ORS 166.087, ‘abuse of corpse’ includes treatment of a corpse by any person in a manner not recognized by generally accepted standards of the community or treatment by a professional person in a manner not generally accepted as suitable practice by other members of the profession, as may be defined by rules applicable to the profession."

Thank you! :) x

jmo

Wayne Couzens - abused his position as a Police Officer
Lucy Letby - abused her position as a nurse

Life with no Possibility of Parole

Both in the UK

Wayne Couzens - abused his position as a Police Officer
Lucy Letby - abused her position as a nurse

Life with no Possibility of Parole

Both in the UK
Thanks for the info. I would've guessed they abused those positions while actually on the job, but perhaps I'm wrong. Appreciate learning something new.

jmo

Thanks for the info. I would've guessed they abused those positions while actually on the job, but perhaps I'm wrong. Appreciate learning something new.

jmo
Yes.
But Couzens was off duty when he kidnapped and murdered Sarah E.
Although he used Police badge to kidnap her.

But you are right,
both cases are linked to their professions.

Last edited:
I wonder if Melissa told her coworkers about a creepy neighbour or something along those lines. Something they could have passed on to LE when requesting a welfare check. I know it was super out of character for her to not show up to work, and I have certain people I know where if they're 20 minutes late, I panic. But seeing the police respond so quickly to an adult missing from work makes me wonder if there was more information given to them. Either way, they responded really quickly and seemed to do a great job getting an arrest.

Imo

I agree; it's not the norm that someone missing work would get a welfare check with an apartment entry so quickly. It surprised me they were even willing to welfare check at all so quickly, based on no-call, no-show at work.

(And while I'm glad she was checked on so quickly, I really hope that decision was based on facts law enforcement received during the report, and not demographics.)

I agree; it's not the norm that someone missing work would get a welfare check with an apartment entry so quickly. It surprised me they were even willing to welfare check at all so quickly, based on no-call, no-show at work.

(And while I'm glad she was checked on so quickly, I really hope that decision was based on facts law enforcement received during the report, and not demographics.)
Beaverton police are fantastic by getting welfare checks fast . Oregon has had a lot of unusual long and very hot heat waves and a lot of ppl died because AC is not in every house or apartments because we normally get the nature cooling effect at night . So LE in most cities vowed to perform welfare checks more quickly under any circumstance. JMO

He looks weird in the Court video IMO.
But maybe it is his shuffling in chains and moving awkwardly.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
localghost
Back