Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just catching up with everything! It's hard to explain distance in this building, since it is HUGE. Can I post pictures of the hallway, distance between units, the parking lot? I just don't want to get in trouble for posting things that I can't.

Lighting in parking garage - 5th floor is open to the elements. 4th floor gets light from 5th floor. The lower you go, the darker it is, but there is lighting. One does need to drive with their headlights on.

Looks like everybody is getting back into the routine of things, but when men see me alone with my dog, they make sure to keep their distance (I think to be respectful and not come across as creeps). We do have an outside security patrol, called Signal. They also patrol the garage at night in their car.

Yes, according to the leasing office, people have been calling to get out of their lease. I stop by every day (my dog knows that they have treats, so I really have no say in the matter) and when I was in there, they were getting calls from residents wanting to break their lease.
Welcome back, Mac. I heard from another local he lived 2 doors down from her. Do you know if that's true? Did you ever see Bryce around? He'd be hard to miss with his height and blond hair. He strikes me as a bodybuilder kinda dude? Not like full on, but that he lifted weights. Hopefully management will be able to reassure everyone their space is safe, and get more lighting in the garage - sheesh! I don't think anything went down in the garage, but give folks some peace of mind with good lighting.

In the morning? Change of shifts? I assume so. Example: our school is 3.5 miles from my house. It is 10 minutes the fastest without the traffic, and in the drop off/pickup times about 20-25 min minimum. It depends on the time, the roads, the speed limits and the amount of people driving at the same direction in the same time. Plus, parking.
I live about 2 minutes from her work place and my local Costco and my doctors office are right by her apartment complex. I actually drove past the memorial for her outside the apartment building today. If there was zero traffic and I hit all green lights I could make the drive in 10 minutes. With any traffic or red lights it could easily take 15-25. Plus she would need to park at work and walk to her actual work station, put her lunch in the lunch room, and clock-in. I happen to live right next to the hospital that she worked at, but work at a different hospital myself.

Welcome back, Mac. I heard from another local he lived 2 doors down from her. Do you know if that's true? Did you ever see Bryce around? He'd be hard to miss with his height and blond hair. He strikes me as a bodybuilder kinda dude? Not like full on, but that he lifted weights. Hopefully management will be able to reassure everyone their space is safe, and get more lighting in the garage - sheesh! I don't think anything went down in the garage, but give folks some peace of mind with good lighting.
I posted a floor plan as to where both lived in this post (kitty-corner of each other):

Oregon and several other states mandated no mug shots. It was a decision with out a vote from Oregonians. The Gov decided that unfortunately.
I'm way behind on this thread- just learned of it while I was in Oregon last week. Actually they do publish mug shots when they are convicted and in the prison system. My cousin's murderer was recently sent and there is a mug shot of him in the Oregon Offender Search.

Last edited:
I'm way behind on this thread- just learned of it while I was in Oregon last week. Actually they do publish mug shots when they are convicted and in the prison system. My cousin's murdered was recently sent and there is a mug shot of him in the Oregon Offender Search.
Here's a link to the Oregon Offender Search, as mentioned above, for folks that are interested.

I really think that current residents will be able to get out of their lease. I have seen it before when a crime like this has happened. Much cheaper to release the lease agreement than deal with multiple lawsuits. Property management just needs to write off the loss revenue in this case . JMO
I think there is even a chance the lost revenue would be covered by business interruption insurance. Personally I can understand why other tenants might want to move now but I have lived in a building where someone was killed and it really didn't bother me after a couple of weeks. The circumstances were different but you get over it.

I think there is even a chance the lost revenue would be covered by business interruption insurance. Personally I can understand why other tenants might want to move now but I have lived in a building where someone was killed and it really didn't bother me after a couple of weeks. The circumstances were different but you get over it.
It depends on each person and how they feel. When I was attacked in college by a non college student, our small dorm closed shortly after. Students and myself refused to stay there anymore.

A friend of hers put it, about Melissa: “She was a center of gravity for so many people”.

He points out that many of her work friends were genuine friends outside of the workplace. And also how many in the Portland, Beaverton community as well as those in the Filipino community have been moved to give support.

It gives me a picture of people being just drawn to her, a magnetic personality.

The more we hear about her as a person, the bigger the sigh I give. Such a loss!

Well two murders in two years is a lot for a single residence building. People talk, rumours spread. I would not want to live in any of the three apartments…JMO

Well two murders in two years is a lot for a single residence building. People talk, rumours spread. I would not want to live in any of the three apartments…JMO
JMO l but if someone actually develops emotional/MH issues/ PTSD, dep, anxiety ect with where you live/rent at, I would think you could talk to your doctor to write a letter of support to Justify the change. IMO that should be as valid as a reason like allergens or mold exposure—but I don’t know how it all works!

I think about it in terms of 1 murder that was a bit worrisome. And that was before he was caught, not after. To me, someone being killed by their spouse isn't a worry for me and my safety since it's not my spouse. And now that Melissa's murderer is in jail, it's probably the safest time now. I can't see anyone else murdering someone in that building when everyone is on edge about MJ's murder.

Obvs... JMO.

Following.. just caught up. Anyone else wondering if she maybe got a job over him and he's been stewing about it since? Or that she got married and he's jealous stalker. Who knows til we know. Jmo. Rip Melissa
It seems likely that the initial alleged crime (of kidnapping) was at least somewhat related to Schubert's gf not being there anymore in the apartment complex, don't you think? To be clear, I'm not implicating Schubert's gf since, had she done anything illegal, it seems she would have been charged already by Washington County prosecutors, and she hasn't been. Instead, I'm just thinking that Schubert's behavior would have been different had he continued to be in a relationship with this live-in gf. In other words, it seems this idea likely played at least a small part in what occurred. This idea might also have played a big part in the alleged crimes, but it seems we'd need more info from authorities to confirm that.

Following.. just caught up. Anyone else wondering if she maybe got a job over him and he's been stewing about it since? Or that she got married and he's jealous stalker. Who knows til we know. Jmo. Rip Melissa
Without all the information, my hunch it either was a spurned stalker or an argument between neighbors that got out of hand that morning, with a strong leaning toward spurned stalker.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back