OR OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *nurse, didn't show up for work at hospital*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a strange thing. If the door was opened at 6:30 but the phone went blank at 7, which would be the time for AM meeting, then it was moving somewhere? Where? And why was it switched off exactly when she'd be at the hospital?
It was likely switched off when it started ringing- when the hospital called to find out where she was.
IMHO

I wonder how much they checked out the security cameras at the apartment building, from what I could see on Google maps, they have cameras around the various entrances, so it shouldn't be too hard to monitor the changes on those entrances around the 6:30-7:00 timeframe.

But if she doesn't show up on the cameras, then either she could've been abducted & moved via some other vehicle or maybe she never left the building (perhaps not necessarily neighbor stalker, but someone else in the building).

I really hope she's found soon & safe, I don't like that it's taking this long without any leads. The first few days are the most critical.

Hi all. I live in the building where Melissa went missing. I've lived here for over 3 years, I believe Melissa has as well, when I asked the maintenance team for more info. I have never seen her around - this building isn't very "neighborly" and people stick to themselves. Just like Melissa, I have a dog, but I have never seen her walk her dog. Or maybe I have, I recognize dogs before I do people.

To answer a few questions I have seen here:

- The building has always felt secure. I personally have not had issues with my car getting broken into. We have security that drives around the garage during random hours.
- Washers and dryers are in unit.
- There is a trash room on the ground floor. No trash chute. To enter the trash room, one needs a fob (the same one to unlock your front door, and the same one to get into the building)
- There are cameras: 1 right by the garage entrance/exit, all around the building exterior, and in the mail room. No cameras in elevators, on resident floors, or on any other parking levels.
- Parking situation: Melissa lived on the 5th floor, so she would have parked her car on the 5th floor
- Types of people that live here: I would say lots of Nike folks, since it's right across from the Nike campus. Working professionals, families, and people who are being relocated by Nike and are in temporary housing. That being said, the last few years, a few weird things have happened in the building. About 1.5 years ago somebody was murdered by her husband in their unit. They were newlyweds. I think you can do a search on this.
- The building is massive, with very long hallways. Every floor has a bike room and storage units
- The Extended Stay across the street is shady and I avoid walking my dog there. I don't think anything good happens there.
- We've had a lot of construction recently in the neighborhood.
- There is a pool, they haven't closed it yet for labor day, but we'd all know if somebody decided to do something there.
- I have always felt safe walking my dog in the neighborhood at all hours of the day - but now I'm being more careful.
- Detectives have knocked on doors but they have not asked to search my unit.
- SAR dogs were out yesterday evening on the 5th floor trying to get a scent. I believe they were unsuccessful from what I have heard.

I'm new to this forum, but I'm very unsettled by all of this. I just thought I'd share what I know, living in the building where she went missing.

According to the floor plans, all the apartments have washers and dryers in-unit.

Ah... so is her husband the same as the physical therapy doctor? Perhaps he's National Guard... that would explain how he was away for military when she disappeared. Not sleuthing, just commenting, because she and her husband remind me so much of my son and daughter-in-law. (Except only daughter-in-law is in medicine; my son is in tech.) And that would very much fit the impression I had - an upwardly mobile, professional couple in an area where that's sort of the normal.

I don't like this, not one bit. Given the amount of cameras and security and expected "safe" level for the location... if someone took her, it was pre-planned. I kinda want to say I hope she just felt like she needed to up and leave for a bit... but she doesn't seem like type.

According to her wedding page - she should be probably on her honeymoon now. Did the wedding not happen? The groom to be looks like the man with her in her Facebook header and Melissa J. the bride to be is a nurse in Portland. Melissa Jubane and Bryan Llantero's Wedding Website UPDATE: If you find the groom's FB page, there are photos of the ceremony in Hawaii, so the wedding happened Aug. 25.

that website is gone now

Is she wearing an Apple watch?

SEP 6, 2024

Melissa Jubane, shown with her husband in this undated photo, has been missing in Beaverton, OR.

The 32-year-old married her longtime boyfriend two weeks ago at Waimea Valley and the couple returned to Beaverton, where they live, on Saturday.

Beaverton police said they searched her apartment complex Thursday night and used a blood hound to search the property. They spoke to residents and found that she has made no phone calls and has not used her credit cards.

Welcome to Websleuths, @sector46 and @fleetwoodmac! :)

Last edited:
Hi all. I live in the building where Melissa went missing. I've lived here for over 3 years, I believe Melissa has as well, when I asked the maintenance team for more info. I have never seen her around - this building isn't very "neighborly" and people stick to themselves. Just like Melissa, I have a dog, but I have never seen her walk her dog. Or maybe I have, I recognize dogs before I do people.

To answer a few questions I have seen here:

- The building has always felt secure. I personally have not had issues with my car getting broken into. We have security that drives around the garage during random hours.
- Washers and dryers are in unit.
- There is a trash room on the ground floor. No trash chute. To enter the trash room, one needs a fob (the same one to unlock your front door, and the same one to get into the building)
- There are cameras: 1 right by the garage entrance/exit, all around the building exterior, and in the mail room. No cameras in elevators, on resident floors, or on any other parking levels.
- Parking situation: Melissa lived on the 5th floor, so she would have parked her car on the 5th floor
- Types of people that live here: I would say lots of Nike folks, since it's right across from the Nike campus. Working professionals, families, and people who are being relocated by Nike and are in temporary housing. That being said, the last few years, a few weird things have happened in the building. About 1.5 years ago somebody was murdered by her husband in their unit. They were newlyweds. I think you can do a search on this.
- The building is massive, with very long hallways. Every floor has a bike room and storage units
- The Extended Stay across the street is shady and I avoid walking my dog there. I don't think anything good happens there.
- We've had a lot of construction recently in the neighborhood.
- There is a pool, they haven't closed it yet for labor day, but we'd all know if somebody decided to do something there.
- I have always felt safe walking my dog in the neighborhood at all hours of the day - but now I'm being more careful.
- SAR dogs were out yesterday evening on the 5th floor trying to get a scent. I believe they were unsuccessful from what I have heard.

I'm new to this forum, but I'm very unsettled by all of this. I just thought I'd share what I know, living in the building where she went missing.
Thank you so much! Does every unit come with a storage unit or is that elective? I've been wondering if Melissa has one and if it was searched.

There was a very sad case here a few years back which some here will remember, of a man who was missing and eventually found in his storage unit, in an apartment complex.

The circumstances are different but I would like to know that her storage unit has been ruled out. If she has one, that is. MOO

For reference: Found Deceased - JAPAN - Trevor Balint, 34, from Hubbard, Ohio, missing from Yokota Air Base, 1 Feb 2021

Thank you so much! Does every unit come with a storage unit or is that elective? I've been wondering if Melissa has one and if it was searched.

There was a very sad case here a few years back which some here will remember, of a man who was missing and eventually found in his storage unit, in an apartment complex.

The circumstances are different but I would like to know that her storage unit has been ruled out. If she has one, that is. MOO

For reference: Found Deceased - JAPAN - Trevor Balint, 34, from Hubbard, Ohio, missing from Yokota Air Base, 1 Feb 2021
You have to rent them. I'm sure it would have been searched if she had one. I asked the maintenance team if there's any way she could be anywhere in the building, and they said "no". Some of them live on property as well and I know one of them has been going all out trying to look for her. He always looks out for everybody and makes sure we're okay.

It was likely switched off when it started ringing- when the hospital called to find out where she was.
IMHO
Yes it is possible. Although if an iPhone, it should show up the last place where it was. Anyhow, the route of the cell can be found between 6:30 and 7 am. Another possibility is really linked to Uber. If for some reason she didn't feel up to driving, she could call Uber and switch it off before entering the hospital. Uber, meanwhile, doesn't stop and continues driving...

I’m confused about where the husband lives. He is listed as working as a physical therapist in a medical Rehab center which is right next to where she works. She lived alone in the apartment prior to the wedding and it appear she returned to the same apartment building. Where does her husband live? I would think they would have moved in together prior to the wedding, but perhaps the wedding took priority.

I see he is on military duty in WA state. Did he ever live with her in that apartment?

Last edited:
Thats a pretty tight window for when something went wrong

This has been my thought all along… very very tight window of time between apartment door locking (coinciding w the time she was known to leave for work) and the time she didn’t arrive to work and subsequently reported to LE.

Since the beginning, this case has had undertones of Eliza Fletcher to me, as someone who followed that case from the very beginning. Obviously circumstances and locations are quite different (running vs leaving for work, Tennessee vs Oregon), but the tight timeline, quickly reported missing, time of day, and general age are similar. Heck, even the time of year if I remember right… September?

Anyway, my point as it relates to this case - I remember thinking how odd it was for someone with bad intentions to be out at such an early hour in Eliza’s case. While we have no clue at this point (and hope and pray it is NO where near the case here) if others were involved in Melissa’s disappearance, I do think it could be another important thing to consider — what type of people may be known to this community that would be out at 6am? Someone working a different shift may be returning home if their shift is 6p-6a, or similar off-time, or someone known to be an early morning walker/jogger? Surely in such a large apartment building, others were at the very least awake, but I would be surprised if no one else were nearby- either in the garage on a different level, or outside the garage walking/jogging on nearby sidewalks and streets.

So did they seem to do a thorough job speaking with everyone? This quote from the article made me wonder if they'd really managed to talk to everyone in that large of a build already... "Henderson told KATU they talked to every neighbor and used bloodhounds to track her scent, but they turned up nothing."

Oh boy. Just dawned on me, given the security you describe, provided it was all operational, that suggests only three possibilities to me - presuming law enforcement has already see all the camera footage:
1) She's still in the building or grounds somewhere,
2) She somehow managed to leave under her own power and avoid all the cameras,
3) She was transported out in another vehicle - and her location in the vehicle was not visible to the camera at the garage entry.

#3 sounds the most likely and least positive. Wonder if they're tracking down all the vehicles that were on camera?

So did they seem to do a thorough job speaking with everyone? This quote from the article made me wonder if they'd really managed to talk to everyone in that large of a build already... "Henderson told KATU they talked to every neighbor and used bloodhounds to track her scent, but they turned up nothing."

Oh boy. Just dawned on me, given the security you describe, provided it was all operational, that suggests only three possibilities to me - presuming law enforcement has already see all the camera footage:
1) She's still in the building or grounds somewhere,
2) She somehow managed to leave under her own power and avoid all the cameras,
3) She was transported out in another vehicle - and her location in the vehicle was not visible to the camera at the garage entry.

#3 sounds the most likely and least positive. Wonder if they're tracking down all the vehicles that were on camera?
When they say "neighbors" I'm assuming they spoke with everybody on the 5th floor. They approached me while I was walking my dog next to our building, but I haven't been home when they knocked on doors. They did walk through the garage to see if they could talk to anybody. There were about 12 of them out here yesterday morning around 7:30 am, I found it really strange as I had no clue they were detectives. They were all holding clipboards and I was wondering what was up with that.

There are cameras: 1 right by the garage entrance/exit, all around the building exterior, and in the mail room. No cameras in elevators, on resident floors, or on any other parking levels.

Thank you @fleetwoodmac for your contribution!
I’m surprised there aren’t more cameras in the garage levels. Seems like it would benefit management company to monitor for potential property crimes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back