OR OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *nurse, didn't show up for work at hospital*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 6, 2024
...With no apparent leads, police have turned to the public for help finding the missing woman.

“All of our standard law enforcement checks are just coming up empty,” Beaverton Police officer Matt Henderson said.

... Police know Jubane got married in Hawaii less than two weeks ago, and that Jubane’s apartment door, which has an electronic key, opened at around 6:30 a.m. Sept. 4. However, she did not come in to work at her scheduled time of 7 a.m.

...With no apparent leads, police have turned to the public for help finding the missing woman.

“All of our standard law enforcement checks are just coming up empty,” Beaverton Police officer Matt Henderson said.

... Police know Jubane got married in Hawaii less than two weeks ago, and that Jubane’s apartment door, which has an electronic key, opened at around 6:30 a.m. Sept. 4. However, she did not come in to work at her scheduled time of 7 a.m.
What I have read and seen evidence of. And my own questions...your thread was the most helpful when I was trying to catch up a couple days ago, so I joined. I am a nurse too.

The most important thing being a nurse is to be at work before 7am or 7pm to be prepared for report on your 6-10 patients that starts promptly at 7. And if the nurse coming off duty and the new nurse coming on duty are both ready we can start earlier with report, because the only patients allowed to stay in hospitals with multiple insurance plans, are beyond sick and quite complicated. We need to get out of report as as possible. Most medications are due at 8 and 9. Many with their first meal, blood sugars before they eat, etc. Hospital RN's are expected to give all medications within 30 mns of scheduled times. So, yes it is critical that the nurse is there at the above time. Yes, as 7 the supervisor while getting their own report for the unit, starts trying to reach the nurse. There isn't anyone sitting around waiting to step in. Nurses have a protocol that they need to call in to work a number of hours before their shift, the earlier the better to try to find someone to replace them. Even if a nurse is going to arrive at 702 they are expected to let their working unit know. We also do call their designated person to see if they know anything or can help to find out where they are. And again a nurse has a history of always being there and on time.....so we would call for a welfare check. Hospitals don't allow the nurse off duty to clock out after 730. With that being said hospitals also don't allow the oncoming nurse to clock in before 7. That information is for anyone questioning why the employer called for a welfare check for people that are not familiar with how critical time is in the nursing profession.

....Above also explains why I don't believe that even if a person asked her for a car jump or anything having the above first and foremost in her mind that she would offer to help. Critical to be there by 7!

....Read on other nurses facebook that I know that her phone was turned off at 7. The critical time then is 630-700am and what happened in that time. Reports are that she always drove her car and her car was still parked where it should be.

....Read that police did enter her apartment, but it appears none of her friends know anything about what they found or didn't find.

.....Another friend said she loved her dog more than anything. Makes me wonder if she took her dog out for a walk, even before the normal time for her to leave at 630am. Work only takes 10 minutes by car. 15 mns maximum.

.....Ran across a couple posts that said within the two weeks prior, there were at least two women that were approached in the morning by a woman asking for help with her car, around the same time, one said her hair stood up on the back of her neck as she was within arms reach of the car and she felt that the woman was going to do something creepy to force her into her car and got out of there. Rumor has it neither one reported to anyone. There is also a secure garage that matches the floor that the tenant lives on. Yet, in a review of the apartments where she lives I read that a guys car was broken into and damaged in the secure garage recently and management was refusing to help.

...August 25 wedding. Have read were together seven years. Husband is on active duty about a six hour drive away. Husband has/had physical therapy practice for many years, in Beaverton nearby. Well liked member of the community.

....All apartment doors have same type of electronic opening/shutting and records the time. Door definitely closed I believe said 630am, give 1 or 2 mns either way. Not opened again from what I can put together.

There are other questions that I have but this is a LONG post as it is.....thank you if anyone has any thoughts.......

Beaverton Police continue search for missing 32-year-old nurse: 'Highly unusual case'

The search continues for missing Beaverton woman Melissa Jubane, whose disappearance police are calling highly unusual.

Officers began a canvas of Jubane's apartment building Thursday night, and say they spoke to every single neighbor.

Tracking bloodhounds were used as well - but as of Friday morning, nothing had turned up.

SEP 6, 2024

I think cameras will hold clues….worried stalked or followed. Most shifts start at 0645 possibly 0700. Did she leave at the time she usually would have? Phone pings where hers did I’m still curious too. I’m sure police have more info than releasing, but I’m curious if anyone was seen near her or soon after or before. JMO

What I have read and seen evidence of. And my own questions...your thread was the most helpful when I was trying to catch up a couple days ago, so I joined. I am a nurse too.

The most important thing being a nurse is to be at work before 7am or 7pm to be prepared for report on your 6-10 patients that starts promptly at 7. And if the nurse coming off duty and the new nurse coming on duty are both ready we can start earlier with report, because the only patients allowed to stay in hospitals with multiple insurance plans, are beyond sick and quite complicated. We need to get out of report as as possible. Most medications are due at 8 and 9. Many with their first meal, blood sugars before they eat, etc. Hospital RN's are expected to give all medications within 30 mns of scheduled times. So, yes it is critical that the nurse is there at the above time. Yes, as 7 the supervisor while getting their own report for the unit, starts trying to reach the nurse. There isn't anyone sitting around waiting to step in. Nurses have a protocol that they need to call in to work a number of hours before their shift, the earlier the better to try to find someone to replace them. Even if a nurse is going to arrive at 702 they are expected to let their working unit know. We also do call their designated person to see if they know anything or can help to find out where they are. And again a nurse has a history of always being there and on time.....so we would call for a welfare check. Hospitals don't allow the nurse off duty to clock out after 730. With that being said hospitals also don't allow the oncoming nurse to clock in before 7. That information is for anyone questioning why the employer called for a welfare check for people that are not familiar with how critical time is in the nursing profession.

....Above also explains why I don't believe that even if a person asked her for a car jump or anything having the above first and foremost in her mind that she would offer to help. Critical to be there by 7!

....Read on other nurses facebook that I know that her phone was turned off at 7. The critical time then is 630-700am and what happened in that time. Reports are that she always drove her car and her car was still parked where it should be.

....Read that police did enter her apartment, but it appears none of her friends know anything about what they found or didn't find.

.....Another friend said she loved her dog more than anything. Makes me wonder if she took her dog out for a walk, even before the normal time for her to leave at 630am. Work only takes 10 minutes by car. 15 mns maximum.

.....Ran across a couple posts that said within the two weeks prior, there were at least two women that were approached in the morning by a woman asking for help with her car, around the same time, one said her hair stood up on the back of her neck as she was within arms reach of the car and she felt that the woman was going to do something creepy to force her into her car and got out of there. Rumor has it neither one reported to anyone. There is also a secure garage that matches the floor that the tenant lives on. Yet, in a review of the apartments where she lives I read that a guys car was broken into and damaged in the secure garage recently and management was refusing to help.

...August 25 wedding. Have read were together seven years. Husband is on active duty about a six hour drive away. Husband has/had physical therapy practice for many years, in Beaverton nearby. Well liked member of the community.

....All apartment doors have same type of electronic opening/shutting and records the time. Door definitely closed I believe said 630am, give 1 or 2 mns either way. Not opened again from what I can put together.

There are other questions that I have but this is a LONG post as it is.....thank you if anyone has any thoughts.......
Thank you @Beaverton for this really helpful post. It provides so much context for the seemingly narrow window of time during which this woman disappeared.

IMO, it's difficult not to feel very uneasy about what could have happened to Melissa Jubane.

I was looking at the google reviews for her building and there have been several people in the last 6ish months that said there was a bunch of thefts in the garage and that it wasn’t secure. I wish we knew if there are cameras in the garage or not…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
repeatfranchisegroup
Back