OR OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *nurse, didn't show up for work at hospital*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I apologize if this has been asked, but I'm at a location with weak wi-fi. I saw on Facebook that all units in the complex were searched by LE. Is that true?
Nope. They've been trying to talk to every neighbor and one report said they did, but they most definitely have not searched every unit. MOO

Henderson told KATU they talked to every neighbor and used bloodhounds to track her scent, but they turned up nothing.

More and more I'm thinking abduction vs mental health crisis. Beaverton is a relatively safe place to live, but there has been a history of abductions, attempted abductions, and attacks. Especially near popular parks/walking trails. If she was abducted in the parking garage, the captor must have been aware of her routine and/or the lack of security. MOO.

No, as they didn't search mine.
I can see them not initially asking to search inside people’s apartments if they consented. But if they had the bloodhound there, why not search each floor’s hallway and public area? Seems pretty basic to exclude something happening to her within the building. But maybe they know something that excludes that need?

More and more I'm thinking abduction vs mental health crisis. Beaverton is a relatively safe place to live, but there has been a history of abductions, attempted abductions, and attacks. Especially near popular parks/walking trails. If she was abducted in the parking garage, the captor must have been aware of her routine and/or the lack of security. MOO.
I went to check my dashcam footage today (why I didn't think of doing that yesterday...I'm annoyed at myself) as my car is parked on the 4th floor, and I have front and rear cams. But of course it only captures the last 24 hours before deleting it. I'm wondering if LE asked for people to check though - I will reach out to them and ask.

I can see them not initially asking to search inside people’s apartments if they consented. But if they had the bloodhound there, why not search each floor’s hallway and public area? Seems pretty basic to exclude something happening to her within the building. But maybe they know something that excludes that need?
They might have. I didn't see them, I only saw the SAR truck, and the dogs had been loaded back up again. The nice thing about these apartments is that you barely hear anything going on in the hallway. But, in situations like these, if somebody were to scream for help...that's not a good thing.

Is the 5th floor the top floor? Do those units have attic spaces. Is the roof accessible from the 5th floor?
Yes, it's the top floor. There is no attic space. The roof / top floor of the parking garage is accessible from here. If you go on google maps, satellite view, you can picture what I'm talking about.

includes video of them dancing at their wedding and interview with her mother-in-law
They arrived back in "Pacific Northwest" on Sunday and she drove to Beaverton after spending Labor Day together. Since he works in WA would it make more sense that they landed in Seattle rather than Portland? Google search says it's about a 3 hr drive. It is probably irrelevant what airport they landed at but there has been no mention of her husband driving back to WA.
Thank you, that makes sense of what was left out of the print story.

Yes, it's the top floor. There is no attic space. The roof / top floor of the parking garage is accessible from here. If you go on google maps, satellite view, you can picture what I'm talking about.
You can also see the rooftop parking if you select birds eye view on the Baseline website. I was looking at it earlier. It was the only place I could see a clear view of the garage entrance. Better than Google Maps! :)

ETA: If anyone is interested, click on this link and select maps, then select birds eye view. https://www.baseline158.com/

@fleetwoodmac, forgive me if you've already answered this but can guests pull into the garage parking or just residents? You've said the FOB is required for the trash area; is it also required to get in or out of the garage?
We have garage fobs to enter/exit the garage. The only way for a non resident to go in there, is if they tailgate a resident. Guests have to park on the street. We all have to display our parking tags. We did have a situation last week, where a non-resident managed to park their car in another person's spot, and the leasing office sent out an email threatening to tow the car in 15 minutes if it wasn't moved. It's really hard to speed in this garage - and it takes a while to get up to the 5th floor, and back down.

Sorry to barrage you with questions. Can tennants from different floors access all levels of the parking garage? If no what prevents them from doing so?

Can joe blow feom the steet walk into the parking garage? I remember you said something about a security guard? Is that only overnight?

@fleetwoodmac

Is there guest parking at the apartments? In the garage at all? Those few parking spots back by the pool? Or just street parking?

So there are cameras at the normal entrances... but theoretically, anyone could leave through one of the ground/1st floor sliding glass doors to the patio, hop over the short glass "fence", and be gone, right? Possibly without appearing on camera?

Is there an exit near the pool? How secure is that area? Looks like tall versions of the glass fence dividing it from those parking spots?

I think you said there were garbage rooms on each floor? How/when does the garbage then leave the building and get picked up?

What about delivery vehicles? How are those handled? Indies like door dashers clear up to UPS & FedEx?

We have garage fobs to enter/exit the garage. The only way for a non resident to go in there, is if they tailgate a resident. Guests have to park on the street. We all have to display our parking tags. We did have a situation last week, where a non-resident managed to park their car in another person's spot, and the leasing office sent out an email threatening to tow the car in 15 minutes if it wasn't moved. It's really hard to speed in this garage - and it takes a while to get up to the 5th floor, and back down.
Okay, so would you agree then that it's unlikely that someone was lying in wait in the garage?

Sorry to barrage you with questions. Can tennants from different floors access all levels of the parking garage? If no what prevents them from doing so?

Can joe blow feom the steet walk into the parking garage? I remember you said something about a security guard? Is that only overnight?
It's okay! Yes I can access any floor and all levels of the parking garage. They could only walk into the parking garage if they are following somebody going in/out. We have security patrol and I've only seen them make their rounds at night.

I wonder if they've checked the TripCheck cameras... there's a LOT crammed in there. Between those and (presumably) stop light or speed cameras nearby, any vehicle that left the area would almost have to be caught on camera. Might be possible to avoid it, but it'd take a great deal of both luck and effort.

Here is the bird's eye google image. I see the 5th floor parking is not covered. Is that ramp accessible from each parking floor or do you need a fob to get onto your own level?
Do we know which part of the 5th floor her apartment is? In the U shape on the left or the right part along the parking? Are the mechanical /boiler rooms off that parking or in the basement?

eta, I see parking levels access has been answered.

Attachments

• Baseline.jpeg
    Baseline.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members