OR OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *nurse, didn't show up for work at hospital*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@fleetwoodmac

Is there guest parking at the apartments? In the garage at all? Those few parking spots back by the pool? Or just street parking?

So there are cameras at the normal entrances... but theoretically, anyone could leave through one of the ground/1st floor sliding glass doors to the patio, hop over the short glass "fence", and be gone, right? Possibly without appearing on camera?

Is there an exit near the pool? How secure is that area? Looks like tall versions of the glass fence dividing it from those parking spots?

I think you said there were garbage rooms on each floor? How/when does the garbage then leave the building and get picked up?

What about delivery vehicles? How are those handled? Indies like door dashers clear up to UPS & FedEx?
Nope, just the 4 or so spots in front of the leasing office (by the pool), but nothing in the garage. Street parking otherwise.

Theoretically yes but the building has cameras on the exterior so assuming those cameras work, they would capture somebody trying to leave from the ground floor.

There are entrances/exits by the pool but one would need a fob. Also if you're in the pool area, you can't just go into the building, it's pretty secure, and you'd need a fob. Same for the gym - it requries fob access.

There is only one trash room, on the ground floor. It requires a fob to get in, and there is a camera in there as well (they installed it because people were dumping furniture, etc in there). There is a garage looking door that gets opened by the maintenance men so the garbage and recycling trucks can access the trash from outside.

Delivery vehicles park on the curb / fire lanes or in those spots reserved for future residents / guests and are let in by the leasing office. There is also an intercom system by the main entrances to call residents and we can buzz them up (for doordash, ubereats, etc). Since the building is extremely confusing for those that don't live here, I always just meet food delivery people outside.

Hey all, this is close to me. I went to the search tonight run by her friends. Here's what I know: Her apartment complex has a gated parking entry in the middle of the apartments (or condos). She lived on the 5th floor. Only people who live on the 5th floor can park on the 5th floor. She always drove to work. She always left around 6:30. Supposedly, the FOB to her apartment showed her using it at 6:30 AM and her phone turned off at 7 AM. Her car is still in the parking garage. Meaning if her FOB locked her front door at 6:30 AM, she never made it to her car. Keep in mind the FOB information and phone turned off at 7 AM is information friends told me during the search not verified by police.

Per friends, she is responsible. She wouldn't 'walk away.' Her husband's name is Bryan Llantero. He is supposedly on active duty in Bremerton, WA (the Navy I believe). They returned from their honeymoon on Sunday, spent Labor Day (Monday) together, and Melissa worked on Tuesday at St. Vincent's Hospital.

What I find odd is that there is no mention when Bryan left for Bremerton. Was it Tuesday morning? Night?

At the search, I didn't ask who was who in terms of the folks passing out missing flyers and having us search the area, as I felt it would be disrespectful and no one introduced themselves. Mostly it seemed to be Providence employees and her friends.

If the husband has an alibi, then whoever took poor Melissa had to have access to not only the building, but the 5th floor. It is certainly possible she was stalked by someone who timed her movements and took her in their car or into their apartment. (I have a personal horror story of a neighbor being kidnapped this way).

If the husband doesn't have an alibi, this is not good news. I don't know one way or the other because the family isn't talking to the press. There were three news stations at our search covering the story. I hope that she is found soon. I will keep you all posted with what I hear. It's a very sad, strange story, especially because she lives in a very new building with high security.

I read on open FBs that the husband has an alibi. It is not an official statement but the way everyone behaves, I suspect he does. MOO of course. The families not talking to the press may mean that they guess what has happened. Or, they don’t know the circumstances but may have an idea, knowing Melissa and her morning routines. They said they rely on the police. The police asks the locals to help.

JMO: Sadly, to me it tells that 1) they have a high index of suspicion that the situation is dire; 2) they are searching in the nearby area, so they know she didn’t go too far.

I haven’t read about LE looking around the hospital either. Uber picking her up might be less likely, IMHO. Whether the police is gathering the information in the meantime and building up the case or they are simply trying to locate Melissa, is unclear. BTW, I assume a garage has an elevator so people can walk out, right? Or there is an elevator inside and front/back door.

I think the families are behaving logically. JMO. Why idle talk if they have a goal, to find her? Good luck to them, seems that people of Beaverton are responsive and concerned.

About SeaTac, there was an outage due to cyberattack on August 28, so the phrase that it took them one day to travel from Hawaii makes total sense if they flew to SeaTac.

Last edited:
But what if it was another resident? Or even a guest who had a car parked outside on the street? What about a maintenance worker? So many possibilities.
Sorry @Knox, I should have said non-resident. Just trying to narrow it down. I'm getting the feeling that whatever happened, it wasn't in the garage. As usual, we need more information. MOO

It's okay! Yes I can access any floor and all levels of the parking garage. They could only walk into the parking garage if they are following somebody going in/out. We have security patrol and I've only seen them make their rounds at night.
Now I’m being downright annoying, lol. So the parking access is like a garage door that raises up/down?

Last edited:
Beaverton resident here. Our city's police department is fully staffed, well supported and professional. I am sure they have all hands on deck investigating this young woman's disappearance. It is certainly in an unusual property/area for this to happen.
I'm local as well. Our BPD really is amazing. I thank God we're in Washington County not Multnomah. Our police actually has the resources and funding to protect us. They also have been involved in some high profile arrests, like sex trafficking rings, the catalytic converter thefts, etc. They seem to be well managed from my perspective. I think they'll get to the bottom of this. Until I hear from the husband, I can't rule him out in this case yet. Since I follow true crime, as soon as I hear a woman go missing I think spouse/boyfriend/ex until I hear otherwise. And yes I know it was reported he was in Bremerton - but I'd like the details on where they spent Labor Day (assuming Beaverton together) and when he left. Because if you go by that apartment complex, it would be very very hard to kidnap someone unless you had a plan in place, like lured them into your apartment to move a couch, or check on a kitten, or who knows what at 6:30 AM. It's on a very very busy intersection with high traffic surrounding it.

I'm local as well. Our BPD really is amazing. I thank God we're in Washington County not Multnomah. Our police actually has the resources and funding to protect us. They also have been involved in some high profile arrests, like sex trafficking rings, the catalytic converter thefts, etc. They seem to be well managed from my perspective. I think they'll get to the bottom of this. Until I hear from the husband, I can't rule him out in this case yet. Since I follow true crime, as soon as I hear a woman go missing I think spouse/boyfriend/ex until I hear otherwise. And yes I know it was reported he was in Bremerton - but I'd like the details on where they spent Labor Day (assuming Beaverton together) and when he left. Because if you go by that apartment complex, it would be very very hard to kidnap someone unless you had a plan in place, like lured them into your apartment to move a couch, or check on a kitten, or who knows what at 6:30 AM. It's on a very very busy intersection with high traffic surrounding it.
Exactly this. Our parking garage is dead quiet at that time. I've left around 6am before and I would be the only car leaving. I barely see my neighbors, maybe a few times a week I'll see somebody else on my floor. It's a very quiet building, despite being so massive and so many people living here. People keep to themselves here.

I find it odd that the dogs did not pick up a scent. She was there Tuesday, she lives there, so there ought to be a scent, even in the garage.
Can dogs determine a particularly recent scent, as in the last so many hours ?
Melissa's door being opened at 6:30 am, could she have been carried out?

Sorry @Knox, I should have said non-resident. Just trying to narrow it down. I'm getting the feeling that whatever happened, it wasn't in the garage. As usual, we need more information. MOO
Thanks. Unlike the Heidi Planck case, at least we can somewhat exclude a trash disposal aspect. @fleetwoodmac says no trash chute and a camera in the only area where residents drop off their waste.

It strikes me that there is a possibility Melissa could have walked away on her own. As much as we think we know people, we’ve seen cases where a person seems fine externally, but is under extreme duress internally and hides it well. You just never know.

I find it odd that the dogs did not pick up a scent. She was there Tuesday, she lives there, so there ought to be a scent, even in the garage.
Can dogs determine a particularly recent scent, as in the last so many hours ?
Melissa's door being opened at 6:30 am, could she have been carried out?
I think what is meant by this is that whatever scent the dogs did pick up, didn't lead anywhere. As in, no scent trail. Or maybe it led outside and then disappeared (which is what would happen if somebody got in a car and drove off). So a dead end, essentially.

• Melissa's colleagues say she was never late.
  • A former co-worker and friend says Melissa spent a year and a half planning her wedding, and that it was her dream wedding.

If it is abduction, the garage is unlikely. Given that there are no ring cameras on the floors, the options could be, approach a person from the back as she is locking the door and threatening (knife, gun whatever), take a person to the elevator, down and maybe pretending to hug or somehow support, to the outside. But it has to be someone very well aware of the routines and living close by.

A more easy option would be to ask a person to walk out of the door, for whatever reason (a belated wedding gift, or other pretext) and then something happens outside. I suspect it is a possibility, that she went down and walked on foot, because people keep to themselves in the apartment but there is at least security, but outside no one is responsible for the tenant.

It would be interesting to see whether most of the searches are in front or behind the apartments?

• Melissa's colleagues say she was never late.
  • A former co-worker and friend says Melissa spent a year and a half planning her wedding, and that it was her dream wedding.
That’s super uncanny timing, is it not? The culmination of all that planning for her wedding day, and she disappears after returning home within 48 hours. What are the odds?

SEP 6, 2024
Schiller is one of many people here who never knew Jubane but felt a duty to join the search party and look for anything “unusual” -- perhaps a size seven shoe, or something that would give clues to where Jubane is.

“We have a very small Filipino community in Oregon and when we heard a Filipino member of our community, a member of our community was missing and a stand-up member of the community, it drove some concern,” said Cheryl Nervez.

Such silence from LE. No pleas for video from shops, residents, car cams in the neighborhood, no request for tips etc.
To me that indicates they know a lot more, and may be honing in. They have leads I think, that do not require the public's help.
Remember Hannah Graham? Chief Longo gave PCs nearly everyday, doggedly pleading and keeping that awful disappearance on top of the news. And it worked. There had been no indication of how she vanished that night.

If it is abduction, the garage is unlikely. Given that there are no ring cameras on the floors, the options could be, approach a person from the back as she is locking the door and threatening (knife, gun whatever), take a person to the elevator, down and maybe pretending to hug or somehow support, to the outside. But it has to be someone very well aware of the routines and living close by.

A more easy option would be to ask a person to walk out of the door, for whatever reason (a belated wedding gift, or other pretext) and then something happens outside. I suspect it is a possibility, that she went down and walked on foot, because people keep to themselves in the apartment but there is at least security, but outside no one is responsible for the tenant.

It would be interesting to see whether most of the searches are in front or behind the apartments?

The Baseline 158 seems like a much more secure complex than the large number of smaller apartment groups that surround it. It's almost like a fortress in the area. If a random was looking for a female to stalk and attack, there would be many much less-secure typical two-story apartment groups with drive up parking for blocks and blocks and blocks. I also find the entire place kinda gives me the creeps and I would not want to be jogging by myself early in the morning, if that was her pattern.

I think it's more likely that someone in the complex has something to do with her disappearance. Someone who has access to get into and out of the building. No understanding of why someone would even be able to target her, as there aren't a lot of open communal areas and it appears to be easy to keep to yourself there.

SEP 6, 2024
Beaverton police has created an independent tip line and website for this case. Henderson said no tip is too small and they're looking for digital evidence, like photos and videos.

TIP LINE 503-526-2280.

The website where people can share information, photos or other media, is here: Missing Person Investigation.

SEP 6, 2024
Beaverton police has created an independent tip line and website for this case. Henderson said no tip is too small and they're looking for digital evidence, like photos and videos.

TIP LINE 503-526-2280.

The website where people can share information, photos or other media, is here: Missing Person Investigation.
Oh, a request for tips, video etc.
So they may not be as close as I thought they might be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back