OR OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *nurse, didn't show up for work at hospital*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Baseline 158 seems like a much more secure complex than the large number of smaller apartment groups that surround it. It's almost like a fortress in the area. If a random was looking for a female to stalk and attack, there would be many much less-secure typical two-story apartment groups with drive up parking for blocks and blocks and blocks. I also find the entire place kinda gives me the creeps and I would not want to be jogging by myself early in the morning, if that was her pattern.

I think it's more likely that someone in the complex has something to do with her disappearance. Someone who has access to get into and out of the building. No understanding of why someone would even be able to target her, as there aren't a lot of open communal areas and it appears to be easy to keep to yourself there.
Has there been mention somewhere that she jogs in the morning or any other time?

I'm local as well. Our BPD really is amazing. I thank God we're in Washington County not Multnomah. Our police actually has the resources and funding to protect us. They also have been involved in some high profile arrests, like sex trafficking rings, the catalytic converter thefts, etc. They seem to be well managed from my perspective. I think they'll get to the bottom of this. Until I hear from the husband, I can't rule him out in this case yet. Since I follow true crime, as soon as I hear a woman go missing I think spouse/boyfriend/ex until I hear otherwise. And yes I know it was reported he was in Bremerton - but I'd like the details on where they spent Labor Day (assuming Beaverton together) and when he left. Because if you go by that apartment complex, it would be very very hard to kidnap someone unless you had a plan in place, like lured them into your apartment to move a couch, or check on a kitten, or who knows what at 6:30 AM. It's on a very very busy intersection with high traffic surrounding it.
In a post 138 above, the video makes it clear that they spent Labor Day together in Washington, then she drove to Oregon to go to work. If she worked the 7 am shift on Tuesday, she could have left Monday afternoon/evening, or even very early Tuesday.

Oh, a request for tips, video etc.
So they may not be as close as I thought they might be.
Yeah, sounds like they have nothing based on comments I've seen. Wish the media would push that tip line a little more. MOO

“All of our standard law enforcement checks are just coming up empty,” Beaverton Police officer Matt Henderson said.

“We’re really leaning on the public to come up with some sort of tip for us,” Henderson said. “We’re really clawing and trying to find some sort of investigative lead in this.”

Yeah, sounds like they have nothing based on comments I've seen. Wish the media would push that tip line a little more. MOO

“All of our standard law enforcement checks are just coming up empty,” Beaverton Police officer Matt Henderson said.

“We’re really leaning on the public to come up with some sort of tip for us,” Henderson said. “We’re really clawing and trying to find some sort of investigative lead in this.”
I like his honesty, no typical LE word salad in that statement.

In a post 138 above, the video makes it clear that they spent Labor Day together in Washington, then she drove to Oregon to go to work. If she worked the 7 am shift on Tuesday, she could have left Monday afternoon/evening, or even very early Tuesday.

Soo, if she had been away for 2 weeks for the wedding and honeymoon, then she probably really needed to buy groceries on either Monday after driving home or Tuesday night after work. I'm guessing she would not be buying typical groceries from Costco, but would need a local grocery store. Looks like the closest would be the Fred Meyer's about 4 blocks away.

I wonder if there was a receipt for groceries found in the apartment, maybe worth checking Fred Meyer's CCTV to see if someone was following her.

Soo, if she had been away for 2 weeks for the wedding and honeymoon, then she probably really needed to buy groceries on either Monday after driving home or Tuesday night after work. I'm guessing she would not be buying typical groceries from Costco, but would need a local grocery store. Looks like the closest would be the Fred Meyer's about 4 blocks away.

I wonder if there was a receipt for groceries found in the apartment, maybe worth checking Fred Meyer's CCTV to see if someone was following her.
I also wondered where the dog was while they were in Hawaii? Did the dog stay with a friend or go to a boarding place, or did someone come to stay at the apartment with the dog (like a dog sitte). Maybe someone in Washington took care of dog, so she could pick up and take with her.
I agree that there wasn't a lot of time to return from Washington, get groceries, get dog or take care of dog, and get to work Tuesday morning (which she did do).

I also wondered where the dog was while they were in Hawaii? Did the dog stay with a friend or go to a boarding place, or did someone come to stay at the apartment with the dog (like a dog sitte). Maybe someone in Washington took care of dog, so she could pick up and take with her.
I agree that there wasn't a lot of time to return from Washington, get groceries, get dog or take care of dog, and get to work Tuesday morning (which she did do).
I was assuming her brother or other family or friend had the dog for the time she was away.
It sounds as if her work very quickly got LE involved when she did not appear on Wed morning and no one had heard from her about being late.

I feel so sad for them all. They must have had a shower for her wedding and wanted to hear all about the wedding and the honeymoon. She must have been very happy and also exhausted to go to work on Tuesday, and probably very tired after work on Tuesday, with the assumption she was doing 10 hour or even 12 hour shifts.

All the excitement and happiness over the wedding and now - nothing. Such a sad and grievous time for all her friends and family. Someone somewhere has to be able to find something to tell us what has happened to her.

Hi all. I live in the building where Melissa went missing. I've lived here for over 3 years, I believe Melissa has as well, when I asked the maintenance team for more info. I have never seen her around - this building isn't very "neighborly" and people stick to themselves. Just like Melissa, I have a dog, but I have never seen her walk her dog. Or maybe I have, I recognize dogs before I do people.

To answer a few questions I have seen here:

- The building has always felt secure. I personally have not had issues with my car getting broken into. We have security that drives around the garage during random hours.
- Washers and dryers are in unit.
- There is a trash room on the ground floor. No trash chute. To enter the trash room, one needs a fob (the same one to unlock your front door, and the same one to get into the building)
- There are cameras: 1 right by the garage entrance/exit, all around the building exterior, and in the mail room. No cameras in elevators, on resident floors, or on any other parking levels.
- Parking situation: Melissa lived on the 5th floor, so she would have parked her car on the 5th floor
- Types of people that live here: I would say lots of Nike folks, since it's right across from the Nike campus. Working professionals, families, and people who are being relocated by Nike and are in temporary housing. That being said, the last few years, a few weird things have happened in the building. About 1.5 years ago somebody was murdered by her husband in their unit. They were newlyweds. I think you can do a search on this.
- The building is massive, with very long hallways. Every floor has a bike room and storage units
- The Extended Stay across the street is shady and I avoid walking my dog there. I don't think anything good happens there.
- We've had a lot of construction recently in the neighborhood.
- There is a pool, they haven't closed it yet for labor day, but we'd all know if somebody decided to do something there.
- I have always felt safe walking my dog in the neighborhood at all hours of the day - but now I'm being more careful.
- Detectives have knocked on doors but they have not asked to search my unit.
- SAR dogs were out yesterday evening on the 5th floor trying to get a scent. I believe they were unsuccessful from what I have heard.

I'm new to this forum, but I'm very unsettled by all of this. I just thought I'd share what I know, living in the building where she went missing.

Welcome, and thank you for this information. I don't blame you for feeling unsettled. I hope you can find some moments of peace. Snuggle that doggo.

I'm surprised and disappointed to learn there are no cams in the hallways, elevators, and garages (besides the entrance/exit.) I was really counting on those leading to some answers.

edited to correct as I thought she lives on ground floor.

I also wonder whether the cameras that are visible on the corner of the building captured anything. Not clear to me if she made it outside of the building in the road actually. As far as I have read, but pls correct me, they only state her apt door was locked at 6:30 AM.

Then… How is the parking in the middle of the builiding accessible from the outside? Could someone have hidden there waiting for her? The private road marked in red does not have a street view so we do not know if there are grids or if it is open

1725698464685.jpeg
1725698496471.jpeg
(Source: google maps and street view)

There is however a security camera that would have images of who is coming and going from the parking IF someone has taken her in there. And there is a second one on the other side that wouls show who is arriving via SW 158th ave.

This case is crazy, how can someone just disappear from home without any clues. IMO she was abducted and either is still in the building or unfortunately already far.

I hope to be wrong

Last edited:

The husband’s mother told KHON2 that the couple met about 10 years ago when Jubane was visiting Hawaii with her friends from Washington.

From there, Jubane and him would travel back and forth to see each other.

She said the couple flew home from the wedding on Aug. 31, but didn’t land until the early morning hours of Sept. 1.

From there, the newlyweds enjoyed Labor Day off, and on Tuesday Jubane went to work. But when she didn’t show up on Wednesday, her co-workers grew concerned.

Beaverton police said they searched her apartment complex Wednesday night and used a blood hound to search the property. They spoke to residents and found that she has made no phone calls and has not used her credit cards.

Police have not found any leads so far.

The husband’s family has flown out there to be by his side and assist in any way possible.

Friends have also started a search party on Friday.

Has the inside of her apartment been searched? If so, how in depth was it? Any signs of something nefarious that was cleaned up? (I am thinking of Ana Knezevich here -- forensic evidence was found, her body likely transported out of her apartment in a suitcase.)

Can the apartment complex see the history of her fob's use?

Her husband, who has yet to be identified, is from the area but is currently stationed in Washington with the military on active duty.

Jubane's husband says that he, along with several friends and family members have been trying to contact the nurse but with no luck, reports Fox affiliate KPTV.

But beyond being a good friend, Oregon said Jubane is also a dog owner and called the disappearance out of character.

“It’s definitely not like her. And she has her, her dog. So I know that she wouldn’t want to leave her dog for so long. So that was like her little baby,” Oregon said.

“It’s been very difficult for everyone that knew her and how great of person she is."

Could someone on her floor have pulled her into their apartment as she walked by? If LE can't find any clues then it really seems like she is somewhere in the building. If she were forced into a car wouldn't LE have a lead via camera footage of all the cars that exited between 6:30-7:00?

So if it is just gates at the parking garage entrance, it seems like someone could walk into the garage if they wanted to. Imo.

Also, reading reviews (from google/maps), someone posted two weeks ago saying his car was broken into when it was in the secure apartment garage, as well as mentioning the sketchy hotel across the street. (The apartment management responded to his review.)

Indeed, @fleetwoodmac mentioned that LE only knocked on doors) but did not inspect unit(s), I suppose they d need a warrant to do that. So indeed she may well be in one of the many apartments. IMO LE says they do not have leads for a reason, but they must have some….no?
If there is no footage showing sth strange on the outside, then such a big building should be clearly inspected from inside

Could someone on her floor have pulled her into their apartment as she walked by? If LE can't find any clues then it really seems like she is somewhere in the building. If she were forced into a car wouldn't LE have a lead via camera footage of all the cars that exited between 6:30-7:00?

This is what I wonder too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back