Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 6, 2024
Beaverton police has created an independent tip line and website for this case. Henderson said no tip is too small and they're looking for digital evidence, like photos and videos.

TIP LINE 503-526-2280.

The website where people can share information, photos or other media, is here: Missing Person Investigation.

Finally. Thank goodness.

I keep thinking about what @fleetwoodmac said about her dashcam erasing after 24 hours. I hope investigators asked 5th fl residents for their dashcams.

I recognize they're skilled professionals and we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. (I'm still so wary because of the North Port PD in the Gabby Petito case.)

So if it is just gates at the parking garage entrance, it seems like someone could walk into the garage if they wanted to. Imo.

Also, reading reviews (from google/maps), someone posted two weeks ago saying his car was broken into when it was in the secure apartment garage, as well as mentioning the sketchy hotel across the street. (The apartment management responded to his review.)
Great find ! So if the car was found broken indeed this means entrance is quite easy or at least possible

Soo, if she had been away for 2 weeks for the wedding and honeymoon, then she probably really needed to buy groceries on either Monday after driving home or Tuesday night after work. I'm guessing she would not be buying typical groceries from Costco, but would need a local grocery store. Looks like the closest would be the Fred Meyer's about 4 blocks away.

I wonder if there was a receipt for groceries found in the apartment, maybe worth checking Fred Meyer's CCTV to see if someone was following her.

Or maybe did a restaurant or grocery delivery order.

Great find ! So if the car was found broken indeed this means entrance is quite easy or at least possible

Yeah, I couldn't quite see it from google street view but from what I can see, it looks like someone on foot could get in. @fleetwoodmac mentioned gates to enter the parking garage.

Screenshot_20240907_054050_Maps.jpg

Yeah, sounds like they have nothing based on comments I've seen. Wish the media would push that tip line a little more. MOO

“All of our standard law enforcement checks are just coming up empty,” Beaverton Police officer Matt Henderson said.

“We’re really leaning on the public to come up with some sort of tip for us,” Henderson said. “We’re really clawing and trying to find some sort of investigative lead in this.”

I too was leaning towards them knowing something.

I'm quite surprised the family isn't making statements on the news. That is usually the first thing any expert or law enforcement agency will advise - get your faces out there, talk about her, say her name, etc.

I too was leaning towards them knowing something.

I'm quite surprised the family isn't making statements on the news. That is usually the first thing any expert or law enforcement agency will advise - get your faces out there, talk about her, say her name, etc.
Interesting. Maybe they are thinking she ran away or self harm and are embarrassed or ashamed. When a family member of mine committed suicide, everyone in the family were instructed by his parents to never tell anyone, not to post on social media, or discuss at family events. Unfortunately, there is still so much stigma and denial around the mental health topic. Just my opinion.

Sat. 09/07/24
Beaverton Police Department
Subject: Investigation Update -- Melissa Jubane
Beaverton Police Dept. - 09/07/24 3:02 AM
On September 4, 2024, at approximately 10:18 AM, the Beaverton Police Department received a welfare check request for 32-year-old Melissa Jubane of Beaverton. Melissa, a nurse at St. Vincent Hospital in SW Portland, had not reported for her morning shift, raising concerns among her coworkers, friends, and family.

Beaverton Police officers responded to Melissa’s residence at 1050 SW 160th Avenue, in Beaverton. Upon arrival, officers were met by staff from the apartment complex and conducted a search of Melissa’s apartment. Melissa was not present, and her absence without communication was deemed unusual and alarming.

Efforts by officers and family members to contact Melissa throughout the day were unsuccessful, as her phone appeared to be turned off. Additionally, searches of Melissa’s bank and credit card records yielded no new information regarding her location.

At 3:12 PM on September 4th, Melissa was entered into national law enforcement databases as a missing person.

As a result of an extensive investigation, it was determined that one of Melissa’s neighbors, 27-year-old Bryce Johnathan Schubert of Beaverton was involved in her disappearance. Subsequently, Schubert was arrested this evening and charged with Melissa’s murder. Melissa Jubane’s remains have been recovered.

This is an active investigation. While we acknowledge the significant community interest and concern, we must withhold further details to preserve the integrity of the investigation. Tips related to this case are still welcome. Please call 503.526.2280 to provide information.

We extend our heartfelt gratitude to the community members who have assisted with the search for Melissa. Our deepest condolences go out to Melissa’s family, friends and coworkers. #BPD

Sat. 09/07/24
On September 4, 2024, at approximately 10:18 AM, the Beaverton Police Department received a welfare check request for 32-year-old Melissa Jubane of Beaverton. Melissa, a nurse at St. Vincent Hospital in SW Portland, had not reported for her morning shift, raising concerns among her coworkers, friends, and family.

Beaverton Police officers responded to Melissa’s residence at 1050 SW 160th Avenue, in Beaverton. Upon arrival, officers were met by staff from the apartment complex and conducted a search of Melissa’s apartment. Melissa was not present, and her absence without communication was deemed unusual and alarming.

Efforts by officers and family members to contact Melissa throughout the day were unsuccessful, as her phone appeared to be turned off. Additionally, searches of Melissa’s bank and credit card records yielded no new information regarding her location.

At 3:12 PM on September 4th, Melissa was entered into national law enforcement databases as a missing person.

As a result of an extensive investigation, it was determined that one of Melissa’s neighbors, 27-year-old Bryce Johnathan Schubert of Beaverton was involved in her disappearance. Subsequently, Schubert was arrested this evening and charged with Melissa’s murder. Melissa Jubane’s remains have been recovered.

This is an active investigation. While we acknowledge the significant community interest and concern, we must withhold further details to preserve the integrity of the investigation. Tips related to this case are still welcome. Please call 503.526.2280 to provide information.

We extend our heartfelt gratitude to the community members who have assisted with the search for Melissa. Our deepest condolences go out to Melissa’s family, friends and coworkers. #BPD

Thank you for the update.

IMO

Horrific. Wishing blessings and moments of peace for her family and friends.

Thanks to her Providence coworkers and Beaverton Police for taking action so quickly. This is so significant. (Also to the searchers and all who provided information.)

IMO

RIP, Melissa.

What a tragedy, to be killed just after her dream wedding. Sincerest condolences to her husband, now a widower, and her family and friends.

Amazing how fast the hospital responded, and how professionally the police reacted.

My heart breaks for her friends and family. The interview of her husband’s mom showed video of her recent wedding. So beautiful.

<modsnip: Removed link to list containing names of innocent non-POIs>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was also mentioned in one of the local articles about search parties. I paid attention for two reasons: 1) they spoke about the family/friends and mentioned some Filipino names, and then mentioned this name as one of the locals who came to help; 2) it resembled me of Shumuller, the Indiana criminal. Now, I think, they have removed the whole part, but would anyone remember? They first mentioned a local Filipino girl who spoke about their tiny community (Nunez?) and then, I think, this name, or am I wrong?
No that was a JPS

In Pommy’s post 196

Last edited by a moderator:
Sat. 09/07/24

Oh my god! This is absolutely horrible and horrific. Right after her honeymoon and dream wedding?!?

You guys in Beaverton were not kidding when you said that Beaverton PD was incredibly competent. 3 days from missing person to arrest and body recovered is astonishing. Kudos to them for bringing this to such a fast resolution.

IF he was a co-worker, I wonder if he offered her a ride to work that morning. Tells her to come to his apartment and then they’ll head out. She leaves her place at 6:30, goes to his place and that’s it.

Reminds me of Carolyn Byington from NJ who was killed in her apartment by a co-worker who was stalking her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96
Back