Found Deceased OR - Melissa Trench, 38, car found at Shevlin Park, was acting strange, Bend, 27 Dec 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Melissa-Rosann-Trench.jpg

BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) – Bend police asked the public for help Tuesday night in finding a 38-year-old Bend woman who is missing and considered endangered.

Police received a request about 8:50 a.m. Tuesday for a welfare check on the 600 block of Northeast Olney Avenue for Melissa Rosann Trench, police Communications Manager Sheila Miller said.

Family members reported that Trench had been acting strangely before she left home Monday evening and did not call to say she’d arrived home, as they requested, Miller said. Family members went to her house in the 600 block of Olney Avenue and also texted and called her, but got no response.

Officers tried to contact Trench, but were unsuccessful, Miller said. Shortly before 5 p.m., officers received additional information that Trench might be having suicidal ideations. Around 6 p.m., her family found her gray 2009 Acura MDX at the entrance to Shevlin Park.

Bend police are working with the Deschutes County Office to continue to look for Trench, but also are asking the public to be on the lookout for her as well.

Trench is described as 5-foot-11 and 135 pounds and is white, with dark blonde hair and blue eyes. She last was seen wearing a green down jacket with fur on the hood, black yoga pants and black or brown boots. She has pierced ears and an infinity symbol tattooed on her right arm.
Members of the public who see Trench or have more information as asked to contact non-emergency dispatch at 541-693-6911 or call 911.

DEC 31, 2022
centraloregondaily.com

Police release more photos of missing Bend woman; Ask public for help

... They are also asking some residents to check their properties and outbuildings.

Police say the family of Melissa Rosann Trench, 38, hasn’t seen her since Monday night. She was reported missing on Tuesday.

[...]

Police released a new photo of Trench Saturday, dressed in a red and green flannel shirt and jeans.

They also released a photo that appears to be from a store surveillance video, but they did not say which store it was from. Central Oregon Daily has reached out to Bend Police for more information on when and where that image was taken.

[...]

(Cannot get the store surveillance photo to upload) :confused:

Bend PD flash alert news page

Published just one day ago

Holidays around this time of year can be downers for some people.
It doesn't sound like she is married or separated or divorced or engaged or newly un-engaged, etc. Sounds like she lives by herself since a roommate, etc., was not mentioned.

She did not call her folks as they asked her to do when she got home that night, if she went home. Did she have a job at which she should have been the next day?
Did her neighbors know her? Did she have a close friend? Did she go to Shevlin Park often? Did she go to that park when she left her folks that night? This could end badly for her and her family.
Hoping she is just taking some time away from things.

Here is some information about Shevlin Park.

"Size 981 acres, 50 acres developed"
  • Loop Trail: This 6-mile trail follows the canyon rim, runs through old growth ponderosa pine, includes a few short, steep hills and crosses Tumalo Creek twice.
  • Tumalo Creek Trail: This 2.5-mile trail follows the creek upstream from the park entrance to the park’s southern end, joining the Deschutes National Forest trail system.
  • Mountain Bike Trail: A preferred route for bikes, this trail is also open to hikers. The trail follows the canyon and links with the Forest Service Mrazek Trail. Riders may also take the east road to the Forest Service trail system.
Finding the car near the park doesn't bode well, IMO, and she's been missing a week. Of course, I am hoping for a positive outcome.

I just now started looking at the media links for this case and haven't seen any mention of FM. Can you tell that's the store just from surveillance?

There's an image of her here: Police release more photos of missing Bend woman; Ask public for help

FEATURED-IMAGE-TEMPLATE-34-2.png
I don't know what store it is, but it looks like she bought a container of some kind (black), maybe a small garbage can, there is the receipt and some other things in it, also it looks like a vinegar container or water container.

I don't know what store it is, but it looks like she bought a container of some kind (black), maybe a small garbage can, there is the receipt and some other things in it, also it looks like a vinegar container or water container.
Now that I'm looking more I'm wondering if it's a kitty litter box and kitty litter? hummmm

My first impression was a black wastebasket with smaller items inside, and that white plastic jug looks like the large OJ jugs you can get here.
I'm not sure if it is Fred Myers, but I went to their site to look up some items and I found the below:

1673033617051.png1673033775957.png

I couldn't find orange juice that looked similar, but I think I've seen one here (in Canada) that look similar, so it could be. It looks like there are 3 items in the dark box, but I can't make them out well enough.

JAN 6, 2023
[...]

In a photo released last weekend, police say surveillance cameras caught an image of Trench at Fred Meyer at about 8:00 p.m. on the night of Dec. 26.

[...]

Bend Police said it has assigned two detectives to the case and that those detectives have followed up on multiple tips from the public. They have also examined surveillance video, searched the area — including with the use of drones — and analyzed cell phone data to try to figure out Trench’s last known location.

Police are examining cell phone and financial records, and detectives have put out a request for Ring camera footage in certain parts of the city.

Bend Police also say the DCSO Search & Rescue Unit has searched more than 3,900 acres multiple times with ground searchers, horse teams, search dogs and drones. The area includes Shevlin Park as well as public and private forestland.

[...]

JAN 6, 2023
Bend police and Deschutes County sheriff’s deputies provided an update Friday on the continuing, extensive search for a missing 38-year-old Bend woman last seen the day after Christmas. And an anxious father asked more members of the public to help.

[...]

Trench's father, Jim Trench, said Friday he's grateful for the efforts of law enforcement but is organizing a large weekend search, called "Bring Home Melissa."

"We're asking anybody who wants to come out and help us search," he said. "Any time you want to jog, come on, jog to Shevlin Park and come join us. We think that's the best way of searching. You know, the police had drones and dogs and horses, but the best search is boots on the floor."

[...]

Father of missing Bend woman seeks more searchers​

JAN 7, 2023
The search for a Bend woman missing for nearly two weeks intensified on Saturday.

Family, friends, and community members fanned out in and around Shevlin Park looking for 38 year-old Mellissa “Rose” Trench.

[...]

Those searching over the weekend want to check some areas in the park and public land on the nearby Deschutes National Forest.

Melissa’s brother, Jeffrey Trench, last spoke with her on Christmas Day. He was out of the country but connected via video call as they opened presents at their parents home in Eagle Crest.

“A very authentic, caring person. She’s reached out, she’s reached and touched so many people and that spirit is there and that’s a connecting factor for everybody,” said her brother.

[...]

Initial police reports indicated that Trench may be having suicidal ideations. Her brother says that while her full mental state at the time of her disappearance is unknown he doesn’t believe that is the case describing her as, “very vivacious, lively. She was really looking forward to, she had goals set up for next year. Just a lot of things going on, just very exuberant, excited.”

[...]

Her family has set up a website with more photos and information on search efforts.

[...]

• Jan 10, 2023 Updated 13 hrs ago
There were few clues left behind to help Jim Trench locate his missing daughter, a Bend woman who mysteriously vanished two weeks ago, but one detail has given him hope.

On Dec. 27, one day after she was last seen by her family, Melissa Trench, 38, called an ex-boyfriend from years ago and told him she was injured in a forest and needed help, her father said. The ex-boyfriend alerted her family and a search began.

Melissa Trench, who also goes by Rose, did not offer enough information to be located immediately, but her vehicle was quickly found at Shevlin Park, a place where she often jogged, so that has become the focus of the search.

The elder Trench has organized hikes to look for his daughter, leaving the Shevlin Park parking lot at 11 a.m. for walks that last four to five hours. Jim Trench is encouraging the members of the public to join the 11 a.m. walks or hike on their own through the park.

“We go out most days. Anyone is welcome to join. The more eyes the better,” said Trench. Around 40 to 50 people joined the hikes last weekend and on weekdays the family is joined by eight to 10 people.
Law enforcement officials have found nothing to indicate foul play or criminal wrongdoing.

(..)

Sheila Miller, a spokesperson for Bend police, said cellphone records confirm that she did call the ex-boyfriend, who was out of state when the call was made.

(..)

Jim Trench said his daughter frequently went to Shevlin Park, but she was not equipped for an extended backcountry trip. He last saw his daughter on Christmas, and presents from the holiday were still in the trunk of her car.

“It’s a constant battle, but we can’t give up. We know she is out there somewhere,” said Trench. “All indications such as cellphone pings lead to (Shevlin Park).”

Trench said the family is devastated and perplexed by his daughter’s sudden disappearance, saying she has been doing well personally and professionally. The family had found New Year’s resolutions she had left behind and all indications were positive.

(..)

I'm not sure if it is Fred Myers, but I went to their site to look up some items and I found the below:

View attachment 393187View attachment 393188

I couldn't find orange juice that looked similar, but I think I've seen one here (in Canada) that look similar, so it could be. It looks like there are 3 items in the dark box, but I can't make them out well enough.

I wonder if she was contemplating chemical suicide? (Chemical Suicides in Automobiles --- Six States, 2006--2010)

My understanding is that the method requires mixing an acid (such as battery acid) with a base (like lime sulfur contained in plant pesticide/fungicides) in a large bucket. Fred Meyer sells batteries and pesticide with packing consistent with what is shown in the surveillance footage.

It is also my understanding that chemical suicide requires a closed space, such as a vehicle. Here, Melissa was not with her vehicle, which is hopeful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230112_053815_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_053815_Chrome.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230112_053928_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_053928_Chrome.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230112_054043_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_054043_Chrome.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2

• Jan 10, 2023 Updated 13 hrs ago
There were few clues left behind to help Jim Trench locate his missing daughter, a Bend woman who mysteriously vanished two weeks ago, but one detail has given him hope.

On Dec. 27, one day after she was last seen by her family, Melissa Trench, 38, called an ex-boyfriend from years ago and told him she was injured in a forest and needed help, her father said. The ex-boyfriend alerted her family and a search began.

Melissa Trench, who also goes by Rose, did not offer enough information to be located immediately, but her vehicle was quickly found at Shevlin Park, a place where she often jogged, so that has become the focus of the search.

The elder Trench has organized hikes to look for his daughter, leaving the Shevlin Park parking lot at 11 a.m. for walks that last four to five hours. Jim Trench is encouraging the members of the public to join the 11 a.m. walks or hike on their own through the park.

“We go out most days. Anyone is welcome to join. The more eyes the better,” said Trench. Around 40 to 50 people joined the hikes last weekend and on weekdays the family is joined by eight to 10 people.
Law enforcement officials have found nothing to indicate foul play or criminal wrongdoing.

(..)

Sheila Miller, a spokesperson for Bend police, said cellphone records confirm that she did call the ex-boyfriend, who was out of state when the call was made.

(..)

Jim Trench said his daughter frequently went to Shevlin Park, but she was not equipped for an extended backcountry trip. He last saw his daughter on Christmas, and presents from the holiday were still in the trunk of her car.

“It’s a constant battle, but we can’t give up. We know she is out there somewhere,” said Trench. “All indications such as cellphone pings lead to (Shevlin Park).”

Trench said the family is devastated and perplexed by his daughter’s sudden disappearance, saying she has been doing well personally and professionally. The family had found New Year’s resolutions she had left behind and all indications were positive.

(..)

Snipped by me:
"On Dec. 27, one day after she was last seen by her family, Melissa Trench, 38, called an ex-boyfriend from years ago and told him she was injured in a forest and needed help, her father said. The ex-boyfriend alerted her family and a search began."

Too bad this wasn't made more public at the beginning of the search, unless I missed it? I was giving more stock into self harm. I still think it's possible, however with the above statement I now put more stock into that she went for a hike and got injured.

I hope she is found soon.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust