Found Deceased OR - Melissa Trench, 38, car found at Shevlin Park, was acting strange, Bend, 27 Dec 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the call to the ex BF seems like an odd piece here. Did she want someone to find her but didn't want to alert anyone close to her who would pick up on what she was doing before it was done? Depression can be a mysterious b*tch. Not saying she was depressed, just sayin... IMO So sad for those who care about and love her.

I wonder if she was contemplating chemical suicide? (Chemical Suicides in Automobiles --- Six States, 2006--2010)

My understanding is that the method requires mixing an acid (such as battery acid) with a base (like lime sulfur contained in plant pesticide/fungicides) in a large bucket. Fred Meyer sells batteries and pesticide with packing consistent with what is shown in the surveillance footage.

It is also my understanding that chemical suicide requires a closed space, such as a vehicle. Here, Melissa was not with her vehicle, which is hopeful.

Just had a chance to look and it does look like the battery packs in the container thing she has. Humm interesting.

I wonder if they know what she bought and they don't think it's of importance or have discovered all the items in her vehcile?

Would the police be able to track the phone call made to the ex-boyfriend? Or track her phone in general?
This is nerve wracking especially if what she said to the bf is true. I find it incredibly strange she'd call him of all people, and not her family, but maybe she just thought he could come & rescue her faster, or had a lot of trust in him etc.

1673552229834.png
1673552269346.png
From the website for Melissa:
Her car was found in the parking lot of Shevlin Park in Bend, Oregon on December 27th and she is an avid hiker who frequently visited the area for runs and walks and is believed to have gotten lost or injured herself in the area although she may have also ventured outside the confines of the park.
1673552336661.png
1673552355969.png

Last edited:
Snipped by me:
"On Dec. 27, one day after she was last seen by her family, Melissa Trench, 38, called an ex-boyfriend from years ago and told him she was injured in a forest and needed help, her father said. The ex-boyfriend alerted her family and a search began."

Too bad this wasn't made more public at the beginning of the search, unless I missed it? I was giving more stock into self harm. I still think it's possible, however with the above statement I now put more stock into that she went for a hike and got injured.

I hope she is found soon.

MOO
I am local in Bend, have been following the local media, and this is the first I have heard of this bit of information. This has not been shared locally that she contacted someone to say she was injured in a forest. The weather here is quite cold (below freezing most nights). Today was a rare above 45 degrees F day. A heartbreakingly long time for her to be missing presumed outside in wilderness.

Just a small insight: Bend has a major & worsening housing crisis

Lots of tech workers, mainly from California, have flocked there (especially during the remote work era post 2019), inflating rents & property values to the point where rent/mortgage can seem out of reach, even for people that make over 100k/yr

You don't usually make a lot of money in the businesses she was in. Speaking from personal experience, this can be SUPER stressful & cause a lot of anxiety, to say the least...

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Melissa's body was found in Shevlin Park today. Perhaps not surprising after the amount of time that has passed, but still heartbreaking. Shevlin Park searchers find the remains of missing Bend woman Melissa Rosann Trench - KTVZ
My deepest sympathies to Melissa's family. 1673840357906.png

Noting:

“Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office detectives will continue to investigate this case,” Miller wrote, “but there is no evidence of foul play or criminal wrongdoing.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back