Found Deceased OR - Merrilee Cooley, 68, Clackamas, 27 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The above article says:" She was killed, but authorities will not say how". This may be a stupid question but could "she was killed" mean
there was a definite sign of something physical to her person or could it mean she died from dehydration from being left in the trunk so long, or maybe died from a heart attack due to her abduction?

If she died from dehydration or a heart attack.....I wonder if the perps were getting nervous she hadn't been found yet. It almost seems that the effort was made to keep her alive until she could be found.
Why?

Or is it because if later found, the perps could say, "she wasn't supposed to die. We left her food and a drink until she could be found."

Maybe the cookies and water was an afterthought? Someone went back by and made sure she had something to eat or drink. Or the perp (s) stopped at a 7-11 and bought the cookies and water along the way from her place to the apartment complex.

Maybe it was someone who knew her and couldn't quite bear the thought of her getting thirsty or hungry.

I wonder if there had been an anonymous tip left on the PD
Tip line that had never been followed up on.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Like others here, I'm thinking the perp(s) intended the car to be found. I think they assumed someone from the apartment complex where the car was parked would make a phone call about the car and/or that someone would notice the plates were from the victim's missing car.

Makes me wonder if the perp in the past had a car towed for being in the wrong place. Just a guess.

So...who would kidnap this nice lady and leave her in her trunk in the hopes that she would be found alive?

jmo

Like others here, I'm thinking the perp(s) intended the car to be found. I think they assumed someone from the apartment complex where the car was parked would make a phone call about the car and/or that someone would notice the plates were from the victim's missing car.

Makes me wonder if the perp in the past had a car towed for being in the wrong place. Just a guess.

So...who would kidnap this nice lady and leave her in her trunk in the hopes that she would be found alive?

jmo
I wonder if the son or DIL were able to determine if anything of value was taken.

And if not, why snatch an elderly lady just to put her in a car trunk
with cookies and water so she could be found alive?

Are you thinking this may be a burglary gone wrong? By someone she knew? But if she knew them and could identify them, why allow her to have a chance to survive?
Or maybe the cookies and water was a "plant." She may have died on the scene.

And who, other than Police, carry around handcuffs for goodness sake. That alone makes me think whoever it was who took her, knew that they were going to handcuff her.

I wonder if the son or DIL were able to determine if anything of value was taken.

And if not, why snatch an elderly lady just to put her in a car trunk
with cookies and water so she could be found alive?

Are you thinking this may be a burglary gone wrong? By someone she knew? But if she knew them and could identify them, why allow her to have a chance to survive?
Or maybe the cookies and water was a "plant." She may have died on the scene.

And who, other than Police, carry around handcuffs for goodness sake. That alone makes me think whoever it was who took her, knew that they were going to handcuff her.

I think the food and drink could be a "plant" to make it look like the perps were not intending to kill her. IDK

On one hand, it could be that the perp knew Merrilee and didn't want her killed so s/he gave her a way to stay alive for awhile. On the other hand, if the perp knew Merrilee, she could identify him/her when she was found alive, so why keep her alive?

Was it a kidnapping meant to scare someone??

I remain perplexed.

jmopinion at the moment

...and now knowing this info of providing Merrilee with cookies and water...perhaps imho...the person knew Merrilee or knew of her. Such as a killing and a blanket often left with a victim. Either that or someone involved is new to the crime scene of murder.
I do hope there is justice for Merrilee.

I am concerned that if she was taken from her home as it is believed that her family staying there a shirt time after she went missing could have interfered with any clues that could lead to finding who did this to her.
I think that decision by family and whoever gave them accessed to the house(unless they had a key) was a big no, no until they had more info regarding Merrilee missing.

She was was discovered with handcuffs attached to one wrist, a bottle of water, a plastic bag of cookies and used duct tape.

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2017/03/missing_woman_found_dead_in_ca.html
I am frustrated with not hearing anything more about Merilee so I wrote the author of the last article about her being found in the trunk with one hand handcuffed and left with cookies and water. I did this under my own private email.

I am hoping to hear something back from this young man. Someone needs to stay on top of this. She needs an advocate.

Will let you know should I hear anything.

Still no info about Merrilee's case?
I couldn't find anything
Someone knows.
I personally believe she was targeted specifically and that she knew her killer/killers.

Still no info about Merrilee's case?
I couldn't find anything
Someone knows.
I personally believe she was targeted specifically and that she knew her killer/killers.
I did write the reporter of the most recent article after I wrote I was going to but I didnt hear anything
back from him.

I do think she knew the perp (one of them anyway) and I also think she surprised them when they felt she would be asleep with that noisy apnea machine on.

IMO, I don't see family involved. But it would have been someone familiar with her routine. I don't think she herself was a target, but valuable items, money etc. would have been. I think she heard something and came out to the living room. She recognized them, so they had to take her. I'll bet the cookies and water were from her kitchen.

Again, I would cross reference all those familiar with her...guests of friends, nurses, caretakers etc. against past and current residents of the apt complex where her car was found.

How is it that they have not solved this case? Should be lots of evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an article summarizing the case. The author of this article also stated that her mother lived in a trailer park and one day when she stopped by to visit, her mom was speaking to an unknown man at her door. Turns out he comes by looking for work but she usually gives him money to go away. Now that's a scary thought. It may happen more often than not.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2017/01/06/murder-68-year-old-merrilee-cooley/

Here is an article summarizing the case. The author of this article also stated that her mother lived in a trailer park and one day when she stopped by to visit, her mom was speaking to an unknown man at her door. Turns out he comes by looking for work but she usually gives him money to go away. Now that's a scary thought. It may happen more often than not.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2017/01/06/murder-68-year-old-merrilee-cooley/

Thanks Razz!

It's been almost a year since Merrilee was taken from her home and found dead weeks later in the trunk of her car.

Why would anyone take her? Why put cookies and water in the trunk?

Was she taken because she could identify the person(s) who did this?

I'm thinking maybe the perps were a girlfriend boyfriend combo and one of them knew Merilee. The girlfriend may have been prodded into this by a boyfriend desperate for money? IMO it had to be someone familiar with Merilee and her habits.

I just don't think this was a random burglary. The kidnapping and putting her in the trunk may have been unplanned though.

Thinking about Merrilee and her family.

OMGosh! Finally. Something.
Thank you!!

You're welcome! :) I was pretty glad to see something in this case too. I am curious about something though. This - ummm, guy - Timothy Mackley...was his DNA not on file or was his first nasty offense (1989, I think?) too old to have them gather that. He was arrested two more times after that for theft or something, I believe. I would think that his DNA would be somewhere on or around Merrilee when they found her. I am guessing they didn't have his DNA on file at that time. This along with Marcine Herinck's case are just so heartbreaking and sad. VERY glad he was caught and really sad that these sweet ladies were taken from their loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back