Found Deceased OR - Miles Stanton, 21, last seen at gas station in Aurora, UT plates, 20 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

wnk

Reaction score
1666970365413.png
1666970435451.png

MSM coverage:
<modsnip: not MSM>

Searching Miles for Miles FB group
Admin posted that he is new to the area (just moved to OR from UT) and may have gone out hiking or fishing somewhere in the area. "Search efforts are first being directed toward campgrounds, trailheads, any creeks/river beds/anywhere with fishing access, south of Portland to Salem, Silverton, and toward Mt. Hood."

Last edited by a moderator:

A Salt Lake City mother is hoping to find out where her 21-year-old son may have gone after family and friends lost contact with him on Thursday, Oct. 20.

That's when Miles Stanton, who moved to Tualatin three weeks ago, was last seen at an Aurora 76 gas station. He was officially reported missing by his roommate on Monday, according to Stanton's mother, Laura Stanton.

"It's the worst nightmare. It's surreal. I'm literally right now, sitting over — standing over a table —

with two maps of the city of Portland, plotting and mapping things," she said Friday evening. "I'm a nurse (practitioner). This isn't what I do."

On Saturday morning, Stanton is inviting community members to help her, along with family and friends, to participate in a search for her son. They will begin at 9 a.m. at Tualatin's Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 22284 S.W. Grahams Ferry Road.

So far, Stanton has looked through her son's bank records and where his cell phone may have pinged a cell tower.

"That was pretty much done all in one day," said Stanton, who arrived in the Portland area on Monday as soon as she found out he was missing. "We got access to everything. We got access to his computer on Wednesday."

She said the last ping from his phone came at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 20, in Aurora and his last credit card purchases were between 3 and 3:30 p.m. at the Aurora gas station.

But where he went from there is still a mystery, she said.

Article continues at link.

A Salt Lake City mother is hoping to find out where her 21-year-old son may have gone after family and friends lost contact with him on Thursday, Oct. 20.

That's when Miles Stanton, who moved to Tualatin three weeks ago, was last seen at an Aurora 76 gas station. He was officially reported missing by his roommate on Monday, according to Stanton's mother, Laura Stanton.

"It's the worst nightmare. It's surreal. I'm literally right now, sitting over — standing over a table —

with two maps of the city of Portland, plotting and mapping things," she said Friday evening. "I'm a nurse (practitioner). This isn't what I do."

On Saturday morning, Stanton is inviting community members to help her, along with family and friends, to participate in a search for her son. They will begin at 9 a.m. at Tualatin's Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 22284 S.W. Grahams Ferry Road.

So far, Stanton has looked through her son's bank records and where his cell phone may have pinged a cell tower.

"That was pretty much done all in one day," said Stanton, who arrived in the Portland area on Monday as soon as she found out he was missing. "We got access to everything. We got access to his computer on Wednesday."

She said the last ping from his phone came at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 20, in Aurora and his last credit card purchases were between 3 and 3:30 p.m. at the Aurora gas station.

But where he went from there is still a mystery, she said.

Article continues at link.
This hits me hard. It doesn’t look good for him being gone this long (imo). My son is just a bit younger and has also newly moved to Oregon. This boy even resembles my son slightly. I sure hope Miles is just camping in his car, but he would need food.

Please be safe, Miles.

This is very close to me.Ive driven thru here many times. Aurora is just a gas station and antique store basically. The pudding river is right there, not sure if that's where people put in to go fishing, but people do kayak there. It's a long river with a history of vehicle accidents. But water levels weren't too high that day.

OCT 25, 2022
[...]

At the time of his disappearance, it is thought that he was trying to locate a new location where he could go fly fishing, hiking, bicycling, or camping. ...

[...]

According to Miles Stanton’s mother, LS, “He has never done anything like this before, and it is very out of character,”

CW, his step brother share the news on Facebook.

He wrote, “My step brother, Miles Stanton, has been missing since Thursday 10/20. He was last seen at 76 Gas in Aurora, Oregon. He lives in Tualatin, Oregon.

Please help share this so we can find him safely. Thank you.

[...]

OCT 31, 2022
[...]

"Saturday went really amazing. The turnout of the community of people, we had probably … 70 people there," Miles Stanton's mother, Laura Stanton, said Monday afternoon. "I'm overwhelmed by the community support."

She estimated 20 of those who showed up were family and friends who arrived from New Jersey, New Mexico, Texas, California, Utah, Idaho and Illinois, while the others were community members who wanted to help. One family who wanted to help out offered Stanton their Airbnb, as well as the use of a car and the services of their son who is very "tech-savvy." He went through Miles Stanton's computer hoping to find clues that would help find the missing man, who moved to Tualatin several weeks ago.

"There's no theory we're not considering," Laura Stanton said Monday, Oct. 31. "I mean … there's nothing to go off of."

[...]

Stanton has said that the last piece of information she has to go on regarding her son is that his cellphone "pinged" a tower in Aurora with a final credit card purchase there as well.

Still, Stanton said her son was in the Woodburn area earlier that day, making three transactions on his credit card, including one at a Circle K.

Meanwhile, Stanton is hoping police will request her son's last text messages and photos from his iPhone from Apple to provide further clues as to his whereabouts.

[...]

View attachment 376106
View attachment 376107

MSM coverage:
<modsnip: not MSM>

Searching Miles for Miles FB group
Admin posted that he is new to the area (just moved to OR from UT) and may have gone out hiking or fishing somewhere in the area. "Search efforts are first being directed toward campgrounds, trailheads, any creeks/river beds/anywhere with fishing access, south of Portland to Salem, Silverton, and toward Mt. Hood."
I live in Silverton and am from Molalla and they’ve been searching for him along the Molalla River Corridor lately. Last seen at a gas station in Aurora which is 15 miles from Molalla…. Definitely searching areas for camping and hiking and fishing…those locations are very rural here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Searching Miles for Miles FB mentions that he bought $22 in gas at the gas station in Aurora, his vehicle has a 15 gallon tank, and his vehicle gets 100 miles to 5 gallons (*or 20 miles to the gallon). If he topped up the rest of his tank with that $22 and had 15 gallons then he would have around a 300 mile drivable radius - but if he was empty and just bought $22 he'd only have 4-5 gallons and only a 100 mile radius.

The Searching Miles for Miles has a photo of the back of his car with the plates and the stickers. The photo has also been added to the missing flyer. Am I allowed to bring that here?

The Searching Miles for Miles has a photo of the back of his car with the plates and the stickers. The photo has also been added to the missing flyer. Am I allowed to bring that here?
Please include a link to the Searching Mikes for Miles group and/or a link to the source of the flyer. That will meet the criterion for you to post the picture that is attributed to the group.

Thank you for your efforts to help find Miles.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Please include a link to the Searching Mikes for Miles group and/or a link to the source of the flyer. That will meet the criterion for you to post the picture that is attributed to the group.

Thank you for your efforts to help find Miles.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator
Updated missing flyer per the Searching Miles for Miles facebook group

Attachments

• 1667652669171.png
    1667652669171.png
    747.3 KB · Views: 11
It's interesting his last phone ping was 1.30pm, but his last purchases were 3pm-3.30pm in the same area.

Would this indicate his phone ran out of battery?

He possibly had no car charger in his car, but he have bought one at the Circle K? Would they stock them?

I'm hoping LE could at least tell us if the phone was turned off on purpose or if it ran out of battery. (The phone service provider can tell this.)

Last edited:
It's interesting his last phone ping was 1.30pm, but his last purchases were 3pm-3.30pm in the same area.

Would this indicate his phone ran out of battery?

He possibly had no car charger in his car, but he have bought one at the Circle K? Would they stock them?

I'm hoping LE could at least tell us if the phone was turned off on purpose or if it ran out of battery. (The phone service provider can tell this.)

"If left completely passive and stationary, most phones send a handful of pings each day." Other times phones ping:
1. when it gets close to a new tower (crossing from Tower A's area into Tower B's area)
2. When you change the connection status (turning it onto or off of airplane mode)
3. When it needs to establish a connection (when you're placing or receiving a phone call, text, or actively using other data)

In this case, I believe the last ping being 1:30pm would indicate that his phone either:
- did not leave that tower's general area -or-
- that it moved into an area with such poor connection that it wasn't able to ping again -or
- that it was shut off or ran out of battery before being moved into another area.

He lives in Tualatin, which is only about 12 miles from Aurora, where he went missing. So I'm presuming he wasn't planning on going long distances or across state, he was intending on just checking out a few local spots.

The $22 of gas sounds about right for a little local jaunt, and then back home.

As for the battery in the phone dying, well, I'm guessing here that he probably has some battery left, but like most 21 year old guys think, he probably wasn't too concerned by it.
Afterall, his plan was probably to stay rural, just finding some nice sports to fish, hike, etc then back home. No big deal.

I do think no-one spotting his car and reporting it as abandoned is worrying, and makes me think he could be in a lake.
Or even a deep forest, who's to say he didn't go down a service road or logging trail and get stuck or injured?

Nov. 8, 2022

SBM

“The Tualatin Police Department has an open missing person case on Mr. Stanton,” Waddell said. “Mr. Stanton and the vehicle he is believed to be driving have both been flagged.”

According to Sgt. Waddell, there is no evidence of foul play at this time.

But Laura told Dateline her son would never just take off. “[He’s] never done anything like this,” Laura said. “No one thinks this is normal behavior.”

Snip

Anyone with information regarding Miles’s whereabouts is asked to call the Tualatin Police Department at 503-629-0111.

Nov. 8, 2022

SBM

“The Tualatin Police Department has an open missing person case on Mr. Stanton,” Waddell said. “Mr. Stanton and the vehicle he is believed to be driving have both been flagged.”

According to Sgt. Waddell, there is no evidence of foul play at this time.

But Laura told Dateline her son would never just take off. “[He’s] never done anything like this,” Laura said. “No one thinks this is normal behavior.”

Snip

Anyone with information regarding Miles’s whereabouts is asked to call the Tualatin Police Department at 503-629-0111.
Uh oh. Car missing + phone's last location near a river... :( MOO

Community Service Sergeant Mark Waddell confirmed to Dateline in an email that Miles was last seen at the 76 gas station in Aurora, Oregon by the gas station attendant. He said, “based on the phone data the phone’s last known location is along Hwy 211 near the Pudding River.

Last edited:
I've lived in and around water my whole life, driven a lot compromised.

Been hammered and walked more than everyone on this site combined in 30 years

I've never even come close to driving in water, crashing, walking into or falling in water and even if I did I'm a strong swimmer.

I think at least 30 percent of missing person cases I've seen everywhere are people somehow finding water to die in even if it's WAY out of the way and miles from bars in a city.

Just incredible

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back