OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is really nothing more I can express beyond what others have. My heart and spirit is with the Victims, Family and Community. Where and when does this end!!!!!

4chan makes me so sick that ppl think its ok to post those kind of things and give advice about it!

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/crime...d-umpqua-community-college-shooting/73154898/

with live feed interviews with local officials

Sounds like a Mercy Medical Center, 140 bed, with small trauma center in Roseburg, in disaster plan, 5 miles away and other medical resources are on the way and pitching in as they deal with wounded.

Campus still being cleared, starting from the science building, but not confirmed, small community college 2500 to 5000 mostly commuter campus, 4th day of fall term, with a nursing program, cleared Schnieder Building (?).

Springfield 16 miles away, closest hospital...

speaking Micheal Griffith, Lifelight:
Six critical patients, six aircraft coming to help, and speaking of how triage will occur. One patient transported to River Bend.

Helos and planes sent. Stabilized locally and being taken to Eugene and Portland.

Experience with Reynolds High School, where a previous such incident took place.

Families waiting to meet with the student at Douglas County Fairgrounds.

All students and faculty is being transported there.

109 Officers from the area had an "outstanding" response according the Gerald Eifer (?) of Roseburg PD, whose granddaughter, seventh generation in Roseburg, a student there was home sick today. It's about 5 miles from college to Fairgrounds.

College integral to community, where people know each other, such as the commissioner who has lived for 20 yrs, nice climate, some retirees. College sits up on the river bank out of town.

It's the stories of the first responders, rescue crews, Good Samaritans, etc. who are ready to help that always choke me up. THANK YOU to all of them.

So sorry to hear this is happening again.

To "guests" who are following the case here: Please consider becoming a member so you can join the discussion here on Websleuths :)

We have got to stop making these shooters famous. MOO
SABBM

Exactly. It bothered me to see the way J.Holmes crimes have been covered.
And the man who shot Allison and Adam ( I've forgotten his name and am glad I did) -- I was upset about the earlier 'modeling' pics of him being displayed on the DM site. Who gives a heck ?
I was thankful for Allison's fiance showing pics from a photo album she'd suggested-- he seemed very broken. :(

And now, after today's murders, pictures and maybe some video are all that some family members and friends have left.

Is it wrong to hope that the shooter is positively deceased , and will not be paraded on the media ?
I want this monster to be forgotten.

:moo:

I'm just heartbroken that this has happened yet again.

KGW reporting six victims have been transported by LifeFlight.

CNN still teasing about a presser coming up soon :waiting:

OT: I live in north suburban Detroit where the outside temperature is only 58*. My hands are so cold that I can barely type, so I just turned on the furnace :eek:

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/crime...d-umpqua-community-college-shooting/73154898/

Sounds like a Mercy Medical Center, 140 bed, with small trauma center in Roseburg, in disaster plan, 5 miles away and other medical resources are on the way and pitching in as they deal with wounded.

Campus still being cleared, starting from the science building, but not confirmed, small community college 2500 to 5000 mostly commuter campus, 4th day of fall term, with a nursing program, cleared Schnieder Building (?).

Six critical patients, six aircraft coming to help, and speaking of how triage will occur. One patient transported to River Bend.

Helos and planes sent. Stabilized locally and being taken to Eugene and Portland.

Experience with Reynolds High School, where a previous such incident took place.

109 Officers from the area had an "outstanding" response according the Gerald Eifer (sp?) of Roseburg PD, whose granddaughter, seventh generation in Roseburg, a student there was home sick today.

College integral to community, where people know each other, such as the Douglas County Commissioner, Chris Boyce (?sp), who has lived for 20 yrs, nice climate, some retirees. College sits up on the river bank out of town. It's about 5 miles from college to Fairgrounds. Huge community coordinated competent effort. Roseburg a hub for outlying communities first responders and all showed up. They need prayer.

Rob Thomas, local radio station:
Upward of 17 people may have died (not confirmed). Out of nowhere, one of his friends, a student in between classes, near Schnider Hall (?sp), who was next to shooter, shouted people away to run, was shot, still in surgery. Understanding through friends that his friend was walking past the shooter, Chris, his friend saw it and began to shout people to safety before being hit.

Pat:

Closed down crime scene now, reconstructing everything, at scene, going through canines with one dog seen on scene checking for traps...

News conference at 1:30 pm local

Tim Gordon reporting:

13 confirmed dead according to Oregon AG, Ellen Rosenbaum (sp?) upwards of 20 injured.
The shooter not sure if included in those or not ('detained no longer a threat')
FBI and Homeland Sec. responding.

109 Officers from the area had an "outstanding" response according the Gerald Eifer (sp?) of Roseburg PD, whose granddaughter, seventh generation in Roseburg, a student there was home sick today.

College integral to community, where people know each other, such as the Douglas County Commissioner, Chris Boyce (?sp), who has lived for 20 yrs, nice climate, some retirees. College sits up on the river bank out of town. It's about 5 miles from college to Fairgrounds. Huge community coordinated competent effort. Roseburg a hub for outlying communities first responders and all showed up. They need prayer.

Rob Thomas, local radio station:
Upward of 17 people may have died (not confirmed). Out of nowhere, one of his friends, a student in between classes, near Schnider Hall, who was next to shooter, shouted people away to run, was shot, still in surgery. Understanding through friends that his friend was walking past the shooter, Chris, his friend saw it and began to shout people to safety before being hit.

Pat:

Closed down crime scene now, reconstructing everything, at scene, going through canines with one dog seen on scene checking for traps...

News conference at 1:30 pm local

Wouldn't Medford be closer to send the patients???

Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum reporting 13 dead.

Governor Brown will give a press conference at 1:30 (PDT)

ETA per KGW (local NBC affiliate)

Have they said what triggered this guy??

Medford is nearly 100 miles south, over Grant's Pass. Eugene is 70 miles north.

Okay, it's further North than I remember. I've stopped there a couple of times for gas enroute to Portland and back.

Oct 1 2015, 4:08 pm ET

13 Killed in Shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College: Official

by Erik Ortiz, M. Alex Johnson and Tom Winter

Thirteen people were dead and more than 20 others were injured after a gunman opened fire Thursday morning on the campus of Umpqua Community College in southwest Oregon, authorities told NBC News.

It wasn't immediately known whether the gunman was among the dead after the shooting near Roseburg, which was called in at 10:38 a.m. (1:38 p.m. ET), officials said. State Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum told NBC News simply that he had been "neutralized."

State police said they believed there was only one shooter, who they said "is no longer a threat." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ort-shooting-umpqua-community-college-n437051

Okay, it's further North than I remember. I've stopped there a couple of times for gas enroute to Portland and back.

I get Medford and Roseburg confused too, geographically speaking.

1:03: The Oregonian/OregonLive staffers are reviewing 9-1-1 tape from the incident calls, which first came in at 10:37 a.m. The incident opens with a dispatcher: "UCC this is going to be the Snyder hall. The...somebody is outside one of the doors shooting through the door there is a female in the computer lab. We do have one female that has been shot at this time. We're still (incomprehensible) to get further."

12:57 p.m.: The Register-Guard in Eugene, quoting a witness, reports that the shooter was a male, acted alone and was shot by police. The newspaper also cites multiple witnesses who say the shooting was isolated to one classroom: a writing and speech class in Snyder Hall. None of these details have been confirmed by police.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/10/active_shooting_reported_at_um.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87