Found Deceased OR - Patrick Stapp, 58, missing after vehicle crash, Florence, Lane County, 30 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
47580890_2062369850476151_4703350949920374784_n.jpg

47577113_2062369853809484_6504979328458031104_n.jpg

The Lane County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance locating 58 year old Patrick Stapp of Florence who was reported missing by his family on 12/3/2018. Patrick is a white male standing 6 feet tall and weighing approximately 165 pounds with short brown hair and brown eyes. He has a short beard and mustache as well.

It is believed that Patrick may have been in a motor vehicle crash on 11/30/2018 near Sutton Lake Rd. (Florence) where a 1991 Toyota Camry went off the roadway and down an embankment. The vehicle, which was not occupied when it was located, had white hair on the interior that appeared to be animal hair. Paperwork found in the vehicle indicated the driver may have been Patrick Stapp.

While searching the area for the driver of the vehicle, the responding deputy spotted a man, possibly Stapp, in the distance with a white dog. The man quickly walked off the roadway and over the edge of an embankment down through some brush. The deputy saw the man walking near the water at the bottom of the embankment before he lost sight of him. The deputy searched the area and used the loudspeaker to call out for the man but was unable to locate him.

Patrick’s dog has since been located and is safe. Patrick reportedly had plans to have dinner with a friend the evening of 11/30/2018 and did not show up. Family reported that this is unusual for Patrick as he always tells friends and family where he will be.

If you have seen Patrick Stapp or know his location please call 541-682-4141.

Lane County Sheriff's Office

Florence man missing after roll-over car crash

Any indication of his having hit his head on impact? Was the airbag deployed? If the car went down the embankment then why was he seen on the road, then quickly walking down the embankment through some bush? Has the body of water been searched? Too many unknowns here so far.

Head injury confusion and shock is possible. Intentional self-harm is another, though having a dog with him might negate that I would think. All jmo

Any indication of his having hit his head on impact? Was the airbag deployed? If the car went down the embankment then why was he seen on the road, then quickly walking down the embankment through some bush? Has the body of water been searched? Too many unknowns here so far.

Head injury confusion and shock is possible. Intentional self-harm is another, though having a dog with him might negate that I would think. All jmo
An airbag was an option on the 1991 Camry, so this car may not have had one.

This explains a bit more. He definitely could have been in shock or have head injury, imo

Florence man missing since Friday

Florence man missing after car accident

The Lane County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) believes that Stapp was the driver of a 1991 Toyota Camry that left the road, rolled over and was abandoned by the driver at approximately 9:15 p.m. last Friday night at milepost .75 on Sutton Lake Road, just past Mercer Creek Dr.

Siuslaw Valley Fire and Rescue (SVFR) Operations Chief Jim Dickerson reports SVFR responded to a vehicular roll-over with a possible passenger ejection on Sutton Lake Road at that time.

According to a statement released by the sheriff’s office, upon arrival at the scene of the rollover, a LCSO deputy spotted an individual matching Stapp’s description walking away from the crashed vehicle. The unidentified individual disappeared down an embankment and made his way along the water’s edge after being hailed by the deputy, who eventually lost sight of the man.

The responding deputy searched for the man believed to have been Stapp for approximately one hour, using a bullhorn at times, with no positive results.

As no crime was involved in the accident, he eventually ended the search and left the area without locating the individual believed to have been Stapp, who lives within a short walk of the scene of the accident.

Not sure what happened to your link, but try this one: Man falls to his death after walking away from car crash in St. Charles County

yikes.
Yikes is right. Seems like a possibility for Patrick. One article I linked above says he was ejected from the vehicle. Also almost sounds like he ran from LE purposefully. If he was in his correct senses, that is, I wonder if he had been drinking and didn't want to interact with police. If he ran down the embankment toward the water, chances are he fell in. And they did use his dog to try and track him...if the articles are accurately reported. Where could he be if not in the water? Any searching going on at present?

Answering my own questions: Hope he is safe somewhere.

Lane County Sheriff's Office The area has been searched and unfortunately, no clues have turned up as to Stapp's location or the direction he went to help guide future searches. This is still and active case and additional searches are being planned. We are very hopeful that Mr. Stapp will be found soon. If you have any information about where he may have gone please call 541-682-4141. He was close to home at the time of the crash and there are residences in the area so we hope that someone who saw him that day will call us. Thank you for your assistance getting the word out!

That's a very odd scenario. My first thought was also that he might have been drinking and that's why he took off. I hope he didn't end up in the water.

Amazing that he and his dog were both alright after a rollover!
And dog was recovered and Patrick hasn't been seen or heard from since. Even if he was running to evade police, how long would he be able to hide out and not return home to his family, to his dog? I worry that there seems to be beaucoup amount of water around the area he was last seen. I really worry that he fell into the water when LE first noticed him, but not sure why no-one seems to be searching for him there...or anywhere.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back