Identified! OR - Portland, WhtMale, 20's, Injured -Tattoos:"Born in FL" & "Made in OR" Jan'19-Cody Denney

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
5c4d2e4316ea4.image.png

Police ask for help identifying injured man

Police are asking for help identifying an injured man discovered on a Southeast Portland street Friday morning.

Emergency responders transported the unidentified man to a hospital after he was spotted on Southeast 92nd Avenue and Knapp Street at 7:51 a.m. Friday.

Officials took the unusual step of distributing a sketch of the man, who was described as being white and in his mid-to-late-20s. Officers don’t know how he was injured, but they said he was “critically injured.”

He has brown hair and a thin build and sports “Born in Florida” and “Made in Oregon” tattoos.

Portland police ask for help identifying critically injured man

The fact that they are using a sketch on a live victim concerns me to how bad his condition actually is. It doesn't mention the injuries only that he's in critical condition probably due to ongoing investigation. What's further concerning is that they don't know how he was injured! If it was a vehicle hit and run (since he was found on a street) you'd think they'd that, right? They also didn't mention if they suspect foul play. I wondered if maybe he fell off a building but looking at the google maps street view of the area there is only one story buildings that I could see. Southeast 92nd Ave had several businesses in that area. These continue on Knapp street. Further on that street are residences. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put names of businesses) In the general area where he was found there is two auto imports shop, three auto and auto body shops, a mattress store, and two manufacturing companies. Could he be connected to any of these businesses? Since he was found early in the morning (when businesses are likely closed) I wonder if he had crawled there from another location which is seen in foul play victims that are searching for passing by vehicles for help. There is a trail and a wooded area nearby. The trail runs behind a gym, flooring company, and a non-profit mission. I wonder if any if the businesses have security cameras. His tattoos tell a story. That his family is likely from Oregon, but moved to Florida before his birth and sometime during his life he moved back. Since he's possibly from Oregon could they ask tattoo shops if they remember them? If he's in his 20's it's possible he got them in at least a few years to 10 years. Long shot but not if they were done more recent. Does not say the quality of them (if they were homemade).

The sketch reminds me a little of Jacob Hilkin, though I admit none of the details provided matches (Jacob went missing in WA, had one tattoo, but I have not found what it was). I'm sure Jacob is just on my mind since it's around the 1-yr anniversary of him missing. I hope this young man's family is found.

ETA: Jacob's page: WA - WA - Jacob Hilkin, 24, Tulalip, 23 Jan 2018

Identified:

cody%20denney%20combo%20edit_1548628796795.jpg_69044430_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) -- A wounded man found in Southeast Portland has been in the hospital for days -- but officials didn't know who he was until Sunday morning.

Cody Denney, 25, was identified by his distinct tattoos, which say "Born in Florida" and "Made in Oregon."

Family friend Nicole Riggs saw posts online and knew the tattoos.

Portland police said Denney was found just before 8 a.m. Friday morning near SE 92nd Avenue and Knapp Street. He was taken to a local hospital with critical injuries.

Riggs said no one knows what happened to Denney that night but he has a severe brain injury.

https://www.koin.com/news/local/mul...ospitalized-with-critical-injuries/1729500806

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back