OR - Rian Wittman for child abuse, Keizer, 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
mistivon said:
Jennifer Whittman, 21, brought their 18-month-old son to the Albany Police Department in early February and told investigators that her husband, Rian James Wittman had been zapping the child with a 100,000-volt stun-gun device over a three-week period.

Now, police believe she may have known about at least one of the attacks weeks before she reported it. A grand jury is considering charges against Jennifer now as well.
Good!

Hoppy

ALBANY) - The Albany man who allegedly used a 100,000 volt stun-gun device on his 18-month-old son will face stiffer charges, and is now out of jail.

A grand jury late last week returned an indictment charging 23-year-old Rian James Wittman with two counts each of first-and second-degree assault, all of which are Measure 11 crimes.

Wittman, posted bail on Monday and as part of his release agreement, Wittman is not to have contact with his wife or son.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february142007/stunguncharges_021407.php

Somehow, telling a guy who uses a stun gun on his baby to "not have contact" with his wife and son seems....well....less than adequate.

Reading this story makes me sick.
I need to learn more information before blaming the mother, she was the one who protected the baby by going to the police and gawd knows what this monster has been doing to her also. Now this piece of trash is out, I hope the mother and baby are being protected, he'd probably told her if she ever reported it he'd kill her and the baby.

VB

Jan 29th 2008 2:01PM

Rian Wittman, an Oregon father who used a stun gun on his 18 month old son, has been sentenced to 46 months in prison after a plea bargain.

According to the prosecution, the child's mother noted strange marks on the child in January 2007. Thinking it was a rash, she wanted to take him to a doctor but Wittman talked her out of it.

More at link:
http://www.parentdish.com/2008/01/29/dad-who-used-stun-gun-on-toddler-sentenced/

Rian James Wittman

Admission Date: 01/29/2008
Release Date: 03/27/2009

ACTUAL TIME SERVED: 14 MONTHS

Rian Wittman, an Oregon father who used a stun gun on his 18 month old son, has been sentenced to 46 months in prison after a plea bargain.

According to the prosecution, the child's mother noted strange marks on the child in January 2007. Thinking it was a rash, she wanted to take him to a doctor but Wittman talked her out of it.

More at link:
http://www.parentdish.com/2008/01/29/dad-who-used-stun-gun-on-toddler-sentenced/

Rian James Wittman

14 months???? WOW
That's crazy.

46 months???????

he tried to kill that baby over and over again

ok, well, this is the first I'm reading this story and now I have to shut the computer off & go to bed or I'll be on TO

And we the american public get to eat in the same restaurants, the same movies, etc. with people like this guy. there ought to be a law.............:banghead:

It would sure be nice to find out how this precious baby is doing. I pray that he is thriving!

14 months is not nearly long enough! His myspace pictures prove that to me.

More at link:

Rian James Wittman

Where does it say actual time served only 14 months? I read the article and couldn't find it anywhere.

Rian James Wittman

This is his actual time served based on his DOC records.

Just search the state name and "doc". Usually you will see an inmate locator.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back