OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how long it will take for their arrests to appear? I'll have to have a look around.

I can't help feeling any association of 'supremacy' with meth is, quite frankly, laughable.

http://www.facesofmeth.us/main.htm#

ETA: That's the project of the Multnomah Sheriff's Office, by the way. Where all the arrests just happened.

Meth is a big problem here in southern Oregon. KOBI channel 5 started the Meth Project and airs ads. http://www.somp.org/

The recent legal problems of someone close to POI Ames stem from a previous meth arrest. We discussed this on the thread in September.

Here is what it does to your brain. http://www.methproject.org/answers/what-does-meth-do-to-your-brain.html

Meth-induced psychosis is very dangerous to anyone who comes in contact with someone experiencing these symptoms. http://www.methproject.org/answers/what-is-meth-induced-psychosis.html

Hugs And thanks David, on behalf of our Miss Stephanie! I know it shouldn't matter but - how beautiful is she, with that wonderful hair and smile?

I've been busy searching for butterflies.

There is a short story I read many, many years ago. Can't recall the name, sorry. It's a classic, I think. About a post WW2 modern society where you can go back to ancient times, on tourist visits. The only thing is, you cannot take a single step off the designated footpath.

The storyteller decides the rules are not intended for him, goes off the path and crushes a butterfly with his foot. When he returns, everything is different.

Not in a good way. I will track it down eventually. There is a moral in that story with regard for Stephanie's case, for sure.

WE really need some SAR input here, at this stage, I think.

Hugs And thanks David, on behalf of our Miss Stephanie! I know it shouldn't matter but - how beautiful is she, with that wonderful hair and smile?

I've been busy searching for butterflies.

There is a short story I read many, many years ago. Can't recall the name, sorry. It's a classic, I think. About a post WW2 modern society where you can go back to ancient times, on tourist visits. The only thing is, you cannot take a single step off the designated footpath.

The storyteller decides the rules are not intended for him, goes off the path and crushes a butterfly with his foot. When he returns, everything is different.

Not in a good way. I will track it down eventually. There is a moral in that story with regard for Stephanie's case, for sure.

WE really need some SAR input here, at this stage, I think.

BBM
I agree.
I'm still hoping she will be found before the holidays for her friends and family's sake. My thoughts go out those who know and love her.

The story is “A Sound of Thunder” a science fiction short story by Ray Bradbury. One of my favorites. Thanks zwiebel - It's been a while so I'll have to find it and give it another read. :)

I haven't read the story but it sounds like a movie I watched a year or two ago on TV.

Thank you - you probably saved me days of searching!

OT: The movie was good. I should have known the idea was spawned in the crowded brain of Bradbury. I had the pleasure of talking with him at a writers' conference over a decade ago.

It's funny how certain stories stick in a person's head and never go away, isn't it?

I think the story of a flame-haired, butterfly-loving woman who just disappeared into the beautiful Oregon landscape is that kind of story too. We just have to make sure that story gets told.

It would be a wonderful, wonderful gesture for Christmas if LE could put out a press release about Stephanie. Even if it is only a very sparse and formal one, to remind the public that Stephanie is still missing and they are seeking the public's help to find her.....just to give the media SOMETHING to run, and keep the pressure on whoever disappeared her.

Could we make a Christmas bulletin about Stephanie? I'm not talking about a campaign as that's not allowed on WS. But just a nice, feelgood story about Stephanie we could share as individuals? Was there a Christmas firewood distribution or anything that she would take part in? Anything special she would do? A sweet Christmas card she sent to anyone?

Christmas is about the only time of year when media runs good news stories. Stephanie being missing is not good news of course, but some of the things she did before she disappeared may be. Wrack your brains, everyone.

Look at the spelling of this name guys - Lennie Laverene Ayes. It has to be the POI though, going by the address and age.

Anyone know what he was 'tampering' with, back in 2011? The link is broken, and it's not working in wayback machine either, so I can't see or link the article. It is interesting how they could have got the spelling of the name so wrong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 41
That was a pretty boring pic to link.

This one's much, much nicer. There's an old saying about breaking a butterfly upon a wheel. Some people are born to try and break those beautiful creatures.

Others are born to enjoy them. Beauty is as beauty does.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 45
Look at the spelling of this name guys - Lennie Laverene Ayes. It has to be the POI though, going by the address and age.

Anyone know what he was 'tampering' with, back in 2011? The link is broken, and it's not working in wayback machine either, so I can't see or link the article. It is interesting how they could have got the spelling of the name so wrong.

How on earth did you find this, Zweibel? :goodpost:

In November 2011 Lennie and Jared appealed their conviction for residing permanently on the mining claim. The tampering charge (with evidence, witnesses or mail?) was in October 2011. I'm not sure if an appeal would involve witnesses or new evidence that could be tampered with, but who knows?

I think it's more likely connected to a drug arrest of the son on the same day as the tampering charge. Tampering with evidence would be my guess. JMO (The link for this is no longer active).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn