OR OR - Teresa Peroni, 27, Selma, 3 July 1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey hi hello everybody. Just dropping by the thread to let folks know that I have officially received a redacted copy of Teresa Peroni's missing persons report, and several of the supplementary reports. Unfortunately, three of the documents I was given by the Josephine County Sheriff's Office are prints of old microfilm, meaning that some portions are obscured by a weird white glare. I'm working with a friend to restore whatever relevant information is within the unreadable bits. Hopefully we can get that accomplished soon.

From what I can gather from the most recent supplementary report, in 2004 the investigation was re-opened and the FBI was briefly involved. The FBI was supposed to obtain the skull fragments from the 1997 Valley Heights Jane Doe, discovered about a quarter mile from Teresa's last known location, so that they could perform mitochondrial DNA tests.
JCSO detective Ken Selig, who I have nothing but good things to say about, (every time his name pops up in one of my local cases I desperately wish he could un-retire himself) contacted the Central Point Medical Examiners office several times over the course of about two months, attempting to get the skull fragments. It seems the remains were misplaced, as Selig had to unfortunately retract his request for FBI assistance. later that year due to being unable to locate the skull.
The good news is, even though this is where the report ends, we know that skull has been located since, and is eventually going to be compared to Teresa's familial DNA. The state ME has reiterated to me that she cannot tell me much about the comparison or results, as this is classified as an 'active investigation.'
I would love to have faith that JCSO is in fact actively investigating Terry's disappearance and presumed homicide. (the 2004 report actually re-categorizes the case as a homicide) But I know they are extremely limited in their resources, and do not even have detectives in the department.

I have emailed JCSO to see if they will give any update regarding the status of this investigation, or what needs to be done to further it.

Also, here's Teresa's new missing person's flyer, courtesy of the Josephine County Missing Person Project.

Theresa is my aunt. I was informed about a week and a half ago by my family that Josephine County has reopened the investigation. They visited my mom and her brother (Theresa's half siblings) and stabbed for DNA with the intention to compare it to the partial skull remains that were found in 1997 in the area Theresa went missing. We are very hopeful that we will at the very least confirm if the Jane Doe skull fragments are from Theresa. I'm glad to hear they reopened the investigation and that the skull remains from 97 are in a facility that has the technology to test the bone fragment DNA and that we have 2 half siblings DNA to compare with.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizV
Back