OR OR - Thomas Jeschke, 20, Portland, 13 Jan 1969

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Thomas Harold Jeschke[/h]
  • jeschke_thomas.jpg
  • jeschke_thomas2.jpg
Jeschke, circa 1969

• Missing Since 01/13/1969
  • Missing From Portland, Oregon
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'10, 180 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Jeschke's nickname is Tom. He had a shaggy beard at the time of his disappearance. He wears eyeglasses with black frames.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Jeschke was last seen in Portland, Oregon on January 13, 1969. He has never been heard from again. His vehicle was found abandoned at northeast 8th and Burnside after his disappearance. Few details are available in his case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/thomas-harold-jeschke

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/38588/

Thomas Harold Jeschke
  • jeschke_thomas.jpg
  • jeschke_thomas2.jpg
Jeschke, circa 1969

Thomas Harold Jeschke – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
20 Ruleouts.
UP2230 VA
UP2560 VA
UP2667VA
UP6149VA
UP6171VA
UP6305VA
UP6474VA
UP6637VA
UP6639VA
UP6700VA
UP6746VA
UP6762VA
UP7980OH
UP9383VA
UP9509VA
UP10908VA
UP10941VA
UP11248VA
UP12266VA
UP14518VA

Potential matches - None of the three profiles below have been compared to any MPs.

#

Google Maps

August '82
Oregon 20-50 yo 5'6"height N/A weight

Sparce skeletal remains were discovered in Clackamas County near Mt. Hood in Oregon. Clothing associated with the remains were a black buckled belt, the remnants of a dark-colored windbreaker; a black plastic comb; a leather ankle-length dress boot, "Seiberling" brand

Accessories - toothbrush toothpaste razor black plastic comb - Near the Body
Clothing - Dark colored windbreaker; bkack belt with buckle -Near the Body
Footwear - leather ankle-high dress shoe, "Seiberling" brand on sole - On the Body

#

Google Maps

Sept. '83
Portland, Oregon.
18-40yo. 5'10" height. Weight 150#
Hair Sandy.
Head Hair Description. Light gray brown

Body Hair Description:
Axillary hair is red-brown
Genital hair is light red and curly
Facial Hair
Eyebrows blonde

The body of a white male was found floating in the Willamette River on September 9, 1983.

Clothing - Tan pants, "NORDSTROM" brand waist 31"; size 15-15 1/2 long sleeved gray-brown shirt; brown sock on left foot - On the Body
Footwear - No shoes recovered -On the Body

#

Google Maps

Sept. '83.
(Est. Yr of death 1965-1983)
Oregon 18-30yo. Height 5'9" Weight N/A
Hair - unknown. Eyes - unknown

The remains of an adult male was discovered in a heavily wooded area west of highway 101. The remains appeared to have been there for a number of years; a book binding was found with a 1965 date on it.

Accessories - Pocket knife, hunting knife, coins, an auto key, a heavily rusted and corroded 9mm semi-automatic pistol. - Near the Body
Clothing - "remnants of clothing on the lower body", no description in report - On the Body
Footwear - "Shoes", no description in report On the Body
Jewelry - Pocket watch - On the Body

#

I wonder why there is so little information. It happens in several cases. No details about the last sighting, the circumstances, his daily life, his interests and hobbies, his family and friends... Was he a hiker? Was he involved in hippie culture? Was he studying and/or working? Was he involved with drugs or illegal activities? Maybe authorities don't want to disclose more info, but...

1689812344036.jpg

Nothing new to report.

Can anyone find a newspaper article from back then that might give more information? I'm not a subscriber.

I believe his vehicle was found within 8 blocks of the Burnside Bridge which crosses over the Williamette River.
I looked up photos of the intersection where his car was abandoned, it looks like a downtown area. He could have been suicidal and jumped off the bridge I suppose. He also could have been just fine mentally and went there for a nice restaurant meal near where he parked. We don't know what happened and apparently he was legally declared dead. His headstone gives his date of death as the day he disappeared. I wonder if his family ever found out anything and just kept the information quiet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96
Back