GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm just assuming anyone would be smart enough to run, fight, or alert someone even if a weapon was shown. In this day and age, most women know the odds of surviving if they go somewhere with the perp.

I think a lot of people are too afraid/ shocked to do anything.

There have been plenty of cases on here where the victim goes with the perp and they don't return alive: Brooke Wilberger, Channon Christian, Eve Carson etc.

Best bet is to fight back etc.

Anne Sluti & Elizabeth Smart are some of the very few who do go with thier abductor and return alive.

In Anne's case, her kidnapper took her across state lines.

Her case is very interesting, I'd suggest checking it out.

Lifetime made a movie about her case too.

Doesn't seem likely that it was broke at that time?

I was eliminating one theory that perhaps the perp nabbed her and the car at her Apt. complex. It really only eliminates the thought that he smashed the window to get in the car at that point. It's possible he was waiting in the car when she got in to leave for work thus potentially holding a gun to her head.

What I have thought all along. If someone if holding a gun and says be quiet or else, what are you likely to do? It could have been out of the attendant's view, also it was stated the guy acted nervous and just bought a few gallons and then left. He was probably afraid she was going to try to alert someone or jump out of the car. Gosh I wish she would have. We don't all react the same way, I've often thought about what I would do in a situation like that.

A long time ago, I read that if you are grabbed and leave the scene of the abduction, odds are not going to be in your favor. Do whatever you can to get away at that moment, regardless of what type of weapon the perp has, cause what is going to happen to you later will be worse. It's a horrible, ugly thing to think of, but we see this more and more frequently : ((((

That is what I have always taught my children. If someone tries to force you to go with them, and threatens you, just fight back - even if they have a weapon. They are less likely to do something at that point, especially if its in public and there other people are around .... and they won't be expecting you to fight back. Once they have taken you to a second location or got you in a vehicle, sadly your hours are numbered.

http://twitter.com/mark_hanrahan/status/258971369688145920/photo/1

A5gNFrHCIAAs1ru.jpg

http://www.kgw.com/live-stream

ummm anyone else have a guy who sings bad with a missing tooth on the live feed? Or am I lost?

Per Whitney H's, FB page, daily briefings will be at 10:00am and 4:00pm.

http://www.facebook.com/FindWhitneyHeichel?fref=ts

If they're already planning "Daily" briefing times can that mean they haven't found her? (I guess I've been assuming this press conf was probably announcing they had found a body.)

mmm anyone else have a guy who sings bad with a missing tooth on the live feed? Or am I lost?

Yeah, I turned mine off till 1pm my time (which I think is the briefing time). 3 more mins?

I guess I'm just assuming anyone would be smart enough to run, fight, or alert someone even if a weapon was shown. In this day and age, most women know the odds of surviving if they go somewhere with the perp.

I have a twenty year old daughter. I talk about some of the cases here, and I consider her to be above average in knowledge of personal safety.

But knowing her as I do, I am still not 100% confident she could make the right decisions under extreme duress.

Whitney is young and perhaps very sheltered. I could easily see her thinking if she cooperated, it would go better for her.

On KGW (thank you Miziree), no live feed yet?

Clint is going to talk and so is Whitney's mother and her husband.

2 briefings now and 4pm
family will speak
ritmiller is her maiden name
vaughn is family spokesperson

Craig Jenniger, Chief: Working around the clock to find her. Two dozen investigators (I counted about 7 agencies involved too) and FBI is helping. Tips and leads have been pouring in. Many from social media.

social media has been helpful (tips called in from social media)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro