GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was mentioned in the news story as I couldn't get it to load on my phone, in Oregon (and NJ) you don't get to pump your own gas. I've never been asked for a pin or a zip code. Just hand the card out the window and they give you the receipt back. (Yes, it is a rather civilized way to get gas!) The only place I ever pumped my own was at a company fuel location, which is nonpublic. Of course there are places where you can walk in and buy food and drinks but iME most places you pay the attendant.

Wow, that's strange. I don't know of any place here that you DON'T have to pump your own gas. You can go to a window or inside and pay cash or a check, or you can use a debit or credit card at the pump. The last time we had a service station around here that would pump your gas for you was 20 years ago.

Gresham police say there is surveillance video showing Whitney Heichel's SUV at the gas station, but the video is poor quality and detectives cannot determine who is driving the car. They also cannot determine if the passenger window was broken at that time.

Detectives were following leads late Tuesday evening, said Sgt. Claudio Grandjean.

Meanwhile, a large search party of family and friends were searching the Heichel's neighborhood and the surrounding community.

"I hope she's OK," said Clint Heichel. "Anyone who has a loved one or is married knows if your spouse goes missing and there's no word … I don't know what to say, I don't know what to think, I don't know what to do."

If you have seen Whitney Heichel or saw her vehicle before it was recovered, call the Gresham police tip line at 503-618-2719.

Whitney Heichel's SUV is a black 1999 Ford Explorer. It has tinted taillights and the Oregon license plate 189 EJZ.
http://www.kptv.com/story/19838032/gresham-woman-missing-police-consider-it-suspicious

I think her job probably called to find out why she didn't show up for work and her husband tried calling her cell and after getting no answer, he panicked and called 911.

I bet she stopped at the ATM to get some cash on the way to work and was accosted there by a man with a gun. Might be where the window was smashed. He probably got in the passenger seat first and ordered her to drive, then while he was pumping gas she tried to escape or signal someone she was in trouble and he shoved her over and jumped in the driver's seat and took off.

Mud on the tires and the backseat down is pretty strange, as well as abandoning it in the Wal Mart parking lot, but if he was smart, he would know that LE would have a BOLO out on her SUV pretty quick.

I hope they find her safe.

And no one saw anything? With a "busted out" window, I would assume someone might have seen that happen. Unless they were out where the mud came from.

Desperately scared for her this morning. The mud and seats send my mind all sorts of places.

This is not looking good at all, sounds like a kidnapping/carjacking maybee??

I used to work at wal-mart (in California) and they have cameras everywhere, usually every angle, even the extended parking lots. I vacation in Oregon because I have family in Southern Oregon.

You can't pump your own gas there, so unless you need to get something from the store you never have to leave the car. So its possible she didn't feel safe enough to try to get away. Or he told her he just wanted money and would let her go as soon as he got it and she believed him.

After he got what he wanted he could have drove into the woods (lots of places in Oregon) and when she realized he wasn't going to let her go and he got out she may have locked the car door and he broke the window to get her out. Or, it was shot out.. JMOO

I just saw this, I'm a local. Just FYI, it's 6:45 in the morning right now and it is completely dark outside.

Here is a link to the street view where this Starbucks is
http://goo.gl/maps/1WWuo

You can see it's in kind of a strip mall that isn't all facing the street, most of those businesses wouldn't be open as early as the Starbucks though. If she pulled into an area of the parking lot that wasn't facing the street, in complete darkness, and she was the first one there to open the store, it would be very easy for someone to overtake her there.

I think her job probably called to find out why she didn't show up for work and her husband tried calling her cell and after getting no answer, he panicked and called 911.

I bet she stopped at the ATM to get some cash on the way to work and was accosted there by a man with a gun. Might be where the window was smashed. He probably got in the passenger seat first and ordered her to drive, then while he was pumping gas she tried to escape or signal someone she was in trouble and he shoved her over and jumped in the driver's seat and took off.

Mud on the tires and the backseat down is pretty strange, as well as abandoning it in the Wal Mart parking lot, but if he was smart, he would know that LE would have a BOLO out on her SUV pretty quick.

I hope they find her safe.

That's the thing, he wouldn't be out of the vehicle pumping gas. It is illegal there.

So if he just paid the attendant (and I believe one story said a man was in the driver's seat) chances are he was already in control driving the vehicle.

Someone asked about license plates. Oregon requires both front and back. Some people try to get away w/out the front, but it's illegal.

I used to work at wal-mart (in California) and they have cameras everywhere, usually every angle, even the extended parking lots. I vacation in Oregon because I have family in Southern Oregon.

You can't pump your own gas there, so unless you need to get something from the store you never have to leave the car. So its possible she didn't feel safe enough to try to get away. Or he told her he just wanted money and would let her go as soon as he got it and she believed him.

After he got what he wanted he could have drove into the woods (lots of places in Oregon) and when she realized he wasn't going to let her go and he got out she may have locked the car door and he broke the window to get her out. Or, it was shot out.. JMOO

BBM I forgot all about that. Surprised it's still the same.

O/T:
I'm trying to remember all the reasons why they won't allow it. As I grew up I think the big one was it would cause job loss. I lived in NJ for a few years, can't pump there either. I think they are the only two states left. I have to admit it is nicer.

O/T - I drove up to Vancouver, WA (15 minutes from me in Portland) and sat in my car for 20 minutes at a gas station before I remembered no one was going to pump my gas for me. I have to say, with all the rain we get it's nice to sit in the car and let someone else do it.

Back on topic, because of that, there is no way that she could have been grabbed or her window broken out at a gas station without anyone noticing.

Yep, its still the same. You have no idea how many times I've jumped out to pump it and had to jump back in when I see the guy walking towards me, lol. But they usually see the plates and politely explain that its illegal there. I'm sure it happens there quite often.

so where were they between 7am-914 when the card was used at the gas station, the card was used at several stations-we don't know which station she was seen at.
then where did they go between 914-1pm when her car was found.
I don't have a good feeling about this one-she must have been scared to death...hope she is found safe!

Eta-she was seen at the Shell station at 913

O/T:
I'm trying to remember all the reasons why they won't allow it. As I grew up I think the big one was it would cause job loss. I lived in NJ for a few years, can't pump there either. I think they are the only two states left. I have to admit it is nicer.

I was told the same thing when I asked about it, due to the lack of work in Oregon. It creates more jobs. Which of course I agree with Chicagofa13, it is much nicer. And the gas is cheaper there!

A beautiful couple
I am hoping for the best

Has anyone read anywhere if there was broken glass in the car? Im wondering if the window was broken from the inside or the out.

Has anyone read anywhere if there was broken glass in the car? Im wondering if the window was broken from the inside or the out.

I have not seen anything about where glass was found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member