GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been mentioned that it could be someone she knocked on the door to talk about religion? I'm not sure if this is something she did just throwing it out there. Moo I have a feeling the family might have been aware of a stalkers or someone obsest with her. They might have imagined themselves as her husband after seeing how much in love they looked ect. And wanted her for himself. That may be why the police have not said much about the person so they could watch him. The person might still have and been using her card and they are following them. All moo!

Hi WBers :) I haven’t posted since the early months of the Kyron Horman case, but come on here often. This case is very scary since it is so close to home (Portland), I walk to and from work every day, and Whitney was possibly right outside her door when this happened. Whether this is a stranger crime or an acquaintance crime or harm from someone who recognized her from the local area (watched her movements, etc.), it is highly unsettling.

One of the things that confuses me the most is why on earth someone would go to multiple gas stations in such close proximity in time and place for minimal gas purchases. I’d think they’d prefer to stay off the radar?? I feel like this person was attempting to be wily and throw LE, but...is not very bright and tactics are misguided. If we are told that LE knows the SUV was at Dodge and Larch prior to the gas station stops, I am thinking the attempt was to get the gas tank back at where it was before the whole thing started - maybe thinking Whitney’s husband wouldn’t know the exact milage on the car, but could tell LE how much gas was in the tank before Whitney was missing - giving away how far the SUV was driven. He pit-stops to fill it back up, drives a bit and doesn’t see the needle go up enough, and has to try a couple of times to make it seem like everything that occurred was local, buying time? Just a thought...Apologies if this has already been brought up and I am repeating.

I also don’t understand the backing into the parking spot. Yes he could crawl out the back, but why bother when it takes less time and is less conspicuous to just pull into the spot and exit the car at roughly the same “hidden-ish” spot by that pole? My opinion is that a vagrant or meth head wouldn’t have the patience or wherewithal to back into a spot vs pull in...Too awkward, requires some dexterity and skill, may call more attention to the vehicle (especially if it is 11:17 am at this point).

I hope there is resolution on this as soon as possible. This case is heartbreaking.

IMO.. I think the perp wanted that vehicle seen at as many spots as possible.. I think the perp wanted other to think Whitney was in that vehicle and alive...

has anyone said what time she was scheduled to start work that morning? I saw that she had posted on her facebook wall that she wasn't opening anymore. Her boss called at 9:30 so was she scheduled for 9? I'm wondering why was she leaving home so early if she was only 5 minutes away?

She was supposed to start at 7 am. Her boss called her husband at 8:15

this also,helps to see which side the gas tank is on when fueling...

It. Helps us see what side the gas attendant was primarily on... For,those,who are trying to catch up... Or get a visual...

In other words... thanks!:seeya:

Well, we know from reports that the backseat was in "Down" position and that Clint mentioned that the mat was on top of the back seat.

So when the prep came to fill his tank, would he be hiding Whitney underneath the mat on the backseat so that nobody sees anything and that might have led to his nervousness when he filled the gas? So that would mean he had a lady accomplice because the gas-attendant saw a women in the front.

---also putting this forth but I might be wrong---
If he did have a women accomplice then this case needs to be treated and thought if any cult members abducted Whitney. (because the girl on FB who said seeing a girl at Larch Mountain sitting on dead tree was supposed to go for a 'treatment' but instead she went for hunting with her supposed 'boyfriend')

has anyone said what time she was scheduled to start work that morning? I saw that she had posted on her facebook wall that she wasn't opening anymore. Her boss called at 9:30 so was she scheduled for 9? I'm wondering why was she leaving home so early if she was only 5 minutes away?

Quoting myself....I just saw that her boss called at 8:15. maybe she was scheduled to be there at 8? She left for work at 6:45. Does that seem early to be leaving to anyone else? That would put her at work at 10 till 7...for a 8 am shift? or was she scheduled to work earlier? I wonder if she planned on going some where before work.

I am really questioning if Whitney was the one in the car when the gas attendant saw them...esp now that LE says that was not the first stop. I think maybe something bad had already happened to Whitney and there is a man and woman involved...I also have/had a theory about why the card was used 3 times so close together but....I am still thinking on that one.

Haven't gotten to the last two pages, have you shared yet? I'd like to hear, we may be thinking along the same lines.

Quoting myself....I just saw that her boss called at 8:15. maybe she was scheduled to be there at 8? She left for work at 6:45. Does that seem early to be leaving to anyone else? That would put her at work at 10 till 7...for a 8 am shift? or was she scheduled to work earlier? I wonder if she planned on going some where before work.

She was scheduled to work @ 7

The below case timeline is courtesy of the Helen Jung article posted here:
http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/whitney_heichel_investigation.html

This comes from the blue box to the right of the article where the reporter lists the below detail.

-----
Whitney Heichel disappearance/timeline of events, based on police reports and family statements:

Monday evening: Whitney visits her mother, Lorilei Ritmiller, and talks about how much she wants to be a mother.

Tuesday, 6:45 a.m.: Whitney leaves the Heatherwood Apartments in the 700 block of U.S. 26

Tuesday, 7 a.m.: Heichel fails to show up for work at the Starbucks near Powell and Burnside in East Gresham.

Tuesday, 9:14 a.m.: Someone uses Whitney's ATM card at a gas station at 257th and Stark.

Tuesday, 9:56 a.m.: Clint Heichel, Whitney's husband, calls 9-1-1.

Tuesday, 11:17 a.m.: Whitney's Ford Explorer is left in the parking lot of The Walmart at 23500 N.E. Sandy in Wood Village.

Tuesday, 1 p.m.: Family and friends looking for Whitney find her Explorer at the Wood Village Walmart.

Wednesday: The East County Major Crimes Team is activated and a team of 24 detectives starts following leads. In addition to other areas, they search in Dodge Park and on Larch Mountain.

Thursday, 10 a.m.: Gresham police call a news conference to talk to reporters about events related to Whitney's disappearance. Among other things, they reveal they have received more than 40 tips over two days.

Thursday at 4 p.m.: In a second news conference, police say that they have been searching Larch Mountain all day and are still doing so. They have been joined by Search and Rescue volunteers and Oregon State Police forensic experts.

Thursday at 5:24 p.m.: A woman reports that kids playing outside a Troutdale apartment complex have found a cellphone that turns out to belong to Whitney Heichel.

In most cases I've followed, there are generally viable but unconfirmed reports of the discovery of a body before a press conference is announced- if the press conference is held to announce the recovery of a body.

Anything is possible, I guess.

For those of you not in the area, looks like www.katu.com will carry the press conference or www.kgw.com/live-stream Also if you twitter, the reporters are quick to post so you could just have a search going on twitter for whitney heichel.

Take care.

I'm here in Virginia...I don't know if my nerves can handle staying up and waiting to hear this...my gut feeling tells me its not what I've been praying for. Oh dear Lord!!:anguish:

Oh On the side there is a vehicle with a trunk open I wonder if that person seen anything. This side is alot cleaner than the other side strange. And it looks like the person who backed up wanted to back up as much as possible looks like the suv is backed into the bush.

Good catch and I don't know if those people have been found and interviewed.

:what:Wow! The perp could slip behind the pole and barely be seen!

Now that you mention it, yes he could.

I think this is the first time I've quoted a post...hope I'm doing it correctly. In the picture near the rear drivers side there is what appears to be a cloth or clothing maybe a tshirt lying on the ground. Could the perp have used that to open the rear class , jump out and then use it to close the glass to possibly keep hand/finger prints off the glass? Then just tossed it as he walked away? Certainly LE took this in as possible evidence after the picture was taken?

Very good and I hadn't noticed, ya'll are sharp tonight.

View attachment 27540

If this is the Walmart I do see cameras on the right side of the building facing out. Are they pointing in the direction of the SUV?

Yes and I don't know how they are pointing, someone local would have to do a scouting mission, even then they are so far away.

One thing that troubles me (among many) is the where the perp parked (way away from the building) he seemed to know parking closer might not be good for him, he might get ID'd (knowledge). He's making it difficult. I also think he was hoping to hide the SUV in plain sight, among other parked vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine