GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if it was street parking, it looks like it was parallel.

i seriously STINK at parallel parking. sometimes i'll pull in front forward trying to park... won't be able to do it, so i'll have my hubby come out and park for me (we park on the curb directly in front of our house). when he does, it never fails that he basically starts all over and pulls the car completely away from the curb and reverses it into the parallel spot. i see people do it that way a lot. it scares the crud out of me every time i try. haha.

I use to be spot on at it. Now not so much. I avoid parallel parking period LOL. Scares me too.

Just wanted to bring out this point in another incident:

http://clackamas.katu.com/news/news/497112-deputies-search-man-they-say-assaulted-woman-apartment

Deputies search for man they say assaulted woman in apartment

--drawing of his face on the website.

Just bringing out the strange things that have happened around Gresham around the same time. Also it is that time of the year - Halloween when lot of young women disappear.

That incident is only 30 mins away.

http://goo.gl/maps/MBbTB

Thanks Nurse...yes, sounds like it was parallel parked...not an option to back in the way Whitney's car was found at the Wal-Mart. But, wondering if neighbor would usually back her car into a spot given the option.
I know we can not sleuth the neighbor...but her placing herself in the vehicle the night before this transpired did raise some suspicion in my mind...just my suspicious sleuthing mind on overdrive, perhaps, 'cause it could have been totally innocent (and likely was) and neighbor was just trying to help. But then again, we have no description of a suspect or POI in this case and I suppose, while seemingly unlikely, that the driver at the gas station could have been a women, not a man.

Praying LE is about to pounce on this predator. :please:

The way he/she has thrown clues all over the area has got to be creeping out everyone on the east side of Portland. It's creeping me out and I'm way south!

Where are you, Whitney?

Random thoughts. When the first purchase of gas was made perhaps something spooked the guy and he ended the purchase quickly? Since Whitney only lived 5 minutes from work perhaps gas was almost empty. The perp knowing where he was taking her stopped again for gas? So many questions. So few answers.

I think she was not in the suv by the time it was at the gas station. It just seems too risky for a perp to drive around for hours with someone they just kidnapped. With all that time they could have drove her to a more secluded atm.

What time is the presser? I forget things sometimes:blushing:

Nurse doesn't need to answer that because she always responds in Military time and it goes right over my head lol. xo

to add

never mind just saw this
RT @KGWNews: Whitney Heichel police media briefing scheduled for 10 a.m. today; watch live #findwhitney http://t.co/AIjOoCAi

What time is the presser? I forget things sometimes:blushing:

Nurse doesn't need to answer that because she always responds in Military time and it goes right over my head lol. xo

:silly:

2442 Southeast Burnside Road, Gresham, OR, I'm pretty sure

thank you! wow... it looks like a pretty open parking lot. i doubt much else is open at that time of the morning. i would think if she made it to that shopping center, she would probably avoid parking directly next to someone else or near someone that may have just been randomly sitting or standing in the parking lot.

AND - being the time of morning it was, i would think starbucks was probably getting pretty busy, so i don't think something would have happened there... there would be too many witnesses and SOMEONE would have most likely seen her car there, even if it was just a couple minutes.

i REALLY think that it was someone near her apartment/car. maybe they live in or near the complex or something... but i think it was someone who was around enough at least recently to pick up on her routine/schedule. it very well could have been a SB customer (as some have speculated) who followed her home one day and found out where she lived. and maybe watched her since.

Random thoughts. When the first purchase of gas was made perhaps something spooked the guy and he ended the purchase quickly? Since Whitney only lived 5 minutes from work perhaps gas was almost empty. The perp knowing where he was taking her stopped again for gas? So many questions. So few answers.
I thought it was jus the perp "testing" the card's PIN #...
and then on to ATM's to withdraw $$?

We do not know anything about any dollar amount do we?
Other than a small amt of gas was purchased?

jmo

YES! I hope there is a finger print on the receipt the gas attendant had! <unlikely, but I CAN HOPE!>

or, it could have been a carjacking (maybe Whitney was one of the first people to leave that morning) and he ended up doing more to Whitney and left her somewhere and picked up his girlfriend/sister/friend etc (Lord knows there was plenty of time)... that could have been who was in the car at the gas station.

I think the video with this story is worth watching.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Mother-of-missing-woman-Shes-sunshine-in-our-heart-174807411.html?tab=video&c=y

It shows where her car was parked, in front of her apartment building. It is on the street and it doesn't look like there are any bushes or anything that could conceal somebody breaking the window (or hiding for long waiting specifically for her). Since the passenger's side faces the window, and because the apt building is so close to the street, I don't think the perp would have broken the window during the night. The smashing could have easily been heard by people in the apts and Whitney would have probably noticed it when walking to her car that morning. So I doubt the window was smashed overnight.

The reporter in that video also states that police have good reason to believe her car was at Dodge Park.

The gas station evidence is still unclear. Police have only confirmed that her ATM card was used at the Shell Station at 9:14, and neither the Explorer nor Whitney was seen on that surveillance video.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Mother-of-missing-woman-Shes-sunshine-in-our-heart-174807411.html?tab=video&c=y

It shows where her car was parked, in front of her apartment building. It is on the street and it doesn't look like there are any bushes or anything that could conceal somebody breaking the window (or hiding for long waiting specifically for her). Since the passenger's side faces the window, and because the apt building is so close to the street, I don't think the perp would have broken the window during the night. The smashing could have easily been heard by people in the apts and Whitney would have probably noticed it when walking to her car that morning. So I doubt the window was smashed overnight.

The reporter in that video also states that police have good reason to believe her car was at Dodge Park.

The gas station evidence is still unclear. Police have only confirmed that her ATM card was used at the Shell Station at 9:14, and neither the Explorer nor Whitney was seen on that surveillance video.

i just wonder tho, because the attendant said the guy seemed nervous... if he didn't see Whitney's car... how would he know that nervous guy was the guy that used Whitney's card unless he could mentally place the nervous guy with her car? (i hope that makes sense lol)

ETA: i'll have to find the link, but i thought there was an article that said that they confirmed that it WAS her car, but the cameras werent clear enough to reveal who was driving.

thank you! wow... it looks like a pretty open parking lot. i doubt much else is open at that time of the morning. i would think if she made it to that shopping center, she would probably avoid parking directly next to someone else or near someone that may have just been randomly sitting or standing in the parking lot.

AND - being the time of morning it was, i would think starbucks was probably getting pretty busy, so i don't think something would have happened there... there would be too many witnesses and SOMEONE would have most likely seen her car there, even if it was just a couple minutes.

i REALLY think that it was someone near her apartment/car. maybe they live in or near the complex or something... but i think it was someone who was around enough at least recently to pick up on her routine/schedule. it very well could have been a SB customer (as some have speculated) who followed her home one day and found out where she lived. and maybe watched her since.

Yep that's what I'm thinking too.

She appears so sweet and friendly, I wonder if someone whose pistons aren't all firing started stalking her, thinking she had a thing for him because she was nice to him.

Maybe I'm just an optimist but I'm still holding onto hope that she is alive. That maybe if it is a delusional guy she has been able to keep him calm. To me it would explain the crazy travels. I just hope she is found soon.

"She just said she hadn't been feeling good and was tired," Spencer said. "She actually had asked me, she goes, 'Can you come over here for a minute?' She asked if she had bumped the car in front of her. I said, 'No. You're about two inches away from it, actually. I was like, 'Do you want me to just re-park it for you?' She said, 'Yeah,' kind of embarrassed to ask."
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Chil...-that-belongs-to-missing-woman-174894441.html

unless the neighbor pulled the car back out and backed in it would seem she was most likely pulled in front ways.:twocents:

uh.. Wouldn't she feel the vehicle hit?? Why would she have to ask?

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Moth...ine-in-our-heart-174807411.html?tab=video&c=y

4:26 min into video. Whitney and her ford Explorer were NOT SPOTTED ON VIDEO???

did I hear that right?

I have attached both the photos - view from inside Whit's apt and from outside. As you can see, someone from outside can observe clearly what's happening inside if her blinds are not open and during nigh time when there's light inside.

Attachments

• in1.png
    in1.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 138
  • out2.png
    out2.png
    334 KB · Views: 145
"She just said she hadn't been feeling good and was tired," Spencer said. "She actually had asked me, she goes, 'Can you come over here for a minute?' She asked if she had bumped the car in front of her. I said, 'No. You're about two inches away from it, actually. I was like, 'Do you want me to just re-park it for you?' She said, 'Yeah,' kind of embarrassed to ask."
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Chil...-that-belongs-to-missing-woman-174894441.html

unless the neighbor pulled the car back out and backed in it would seem she was most likely pulled in front ways.:twocents:
This was the night before? That means that the neighbors fingerprints would be in the vehicle.

I video I watched yesterday showed a reporter driving her route to work. He said it had some stop signs and traffic lights and took about 4 minutes or so.
Could it be possible that it was a car jacking? Someone could have came up to the passenger side door while she was stopped and broke the window with a pipe or baseball bat. Do we know if she even made it to the Starbucks parking lot?
By the time her suv was seen at the gas station, did that give the perp enough time to go up to the mountain (sorry I don't have the name) where the girl was allegedly seen by the dead tree?
Could he have a woman perp partner, the reason a female was seen with him at gas station.
LE has not acknowledged the atm withdrawals or amounts. Do you think the pictures from the atm might show the female in the car also?
This case seems to have a very small window of opportunity for the crime to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme