GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know... my brother in law graduated top of his class, with a bachelors in computer science, and he believes cats have conferences.

A girl in one of my science classes who carried a 4.0 once asked, "Moonrocks? Are those, like, rocks from the moon?"

I stand firm that a complete imbecile can carry a 3.35 GPA in most American schools.

LOL .... right?

Also, though, there is a complete difference in BOOK SMARTS and common sense or street smarts... I've know many a GENIOUS (think computer industry and physicians) that couldn't find their way out of a plastic bag, but could write an instruction manual on how to write a computer program, or perform an extremely complicated medical procedure ...

The brain is a marvelous and crazy thing.

imo

Exactly, TexasCharm. Being able to process information is one thing, but actually having that ability plus common sense and proper social skills is a whole other thing.

I'm sorry, I'm not usually this lazy or put of the loop on these threads, but will someone please explain where this business about JH stealing a phone from CH is coming from? Is this just a rumor or has it been stated in police reports or MSM?

Thanks in advance for bringing this sleuther up to speed!

It was in the search affidavit. He admitted to going into CH's drawers in his home and finding the iPhone and replacing the SIM card and using it. It is the phone he threw into the lake during WH's abduction/murder. CH was not aware it was missing until the LE brought it to his attention and he went home and checked and it was not there.

Also, as per the affidavit, it was the same phone used to call WH's workplace at 6:08 am the morning of her disappearance.

I'm sorry, I'm not usually this lazy or put of the loop on these threads, but will someone please explain where this business about JH stealing a phone from CH is coming from? Is this just a rumor or has it been stated in police reports or MSM?

Thanks in advance for bringing this sleuther up to speed!

It was stated in the search warrant affidavit released by LE (page 7, 1st paragraph of the PDF linked in this article)

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/whitney_heichels_accused_kille.html

The interview of Jonathan Holt continued and he disclosed that he had entered Whitney and Clinton Heichel's apartment and stole an iPhone 3G from a dresser drawer. Jonathan Holt told them that he took the stolen cell phone and had a new SIM card put in it and then used it as his own. Jonathan Holt continued to possess and use the iPhone after the date he stole it, up until the day of the murder (October 16, 2012), when he discarded the cell phone at the location where he murdered Whitney Heichel.

Exactly, TexasCharm. Being able to process information is one thing, but actually having that ability plus common sense and proper social skills is a whole other thing.

Okay, well lol...let me just throw myself under a bus here. I graduated at the top of my class, all AP classes in high school, scholarships to college, etc.

My husband (lovingly and jokingly) has a saying "Babe, you are book smart, but you are NOT street smart".... I seriously can be the epitome of the phrase "dumb blonde" (I'm brunette ;) ) hahaha... When it comes to common sense, or when I am in a high stress situation..the easiest/smartest/most practical approach is NOT necessarily what comes to mind. I'm also not inherently observant. LOL

So, you can be educated, book smart, intelligent, etc. without being the most insightful person ;)

It was in the search affidavit. He admitted to going into CH's drawers in his home and finding the iPhone and replacing the SIM card and using it. It is the phone he threw into the lake during WH's abduction/murder. CH was not aware it was missing until the LE brought it to his attention and he went home and checked and it was not there.

Also, as per the affidavit, it was the same phone used to call WH's workplace at 6:08 am the morning of her disappearance.

Also, although graphic and chilling, this affidavit is worth the read for anyone who hasn't done so. It gives a good deal of insight into JH's mindset.

I don't know... my brother in law graduated top of his class, with a bachelors in computer science, and he believes cats have conferences.

A girl in one of my science classes who carried a 4.0 once asked, "Moonrocks? Are those, like, rocks from the moon?"

I stand firm that a complete imbecile can carry a 3.35 GPA in most American schools.

Have to admit, this made me laugh. :rolleyes:

Per the stalking thing, can somebody find the info where it was that the Holts moved in to the Apt. complex 2 or 3 months ago? I though I remembered someone mentioning that but can't remember if it was fact or surmise...

Per the stalking thing, can somebody find the info where it was that the Holts moved in to the Apt. complex 2 or 3 months ago? I though I remembered someone mentioning that but can't remember if it was fact or surmise...

It was in the affidavit, AH said "2 months" but I don't recall where in the papers.

Edit: Correction, JH told them it seems. It's on the "Application" portion of the affidavit, pg 13.

-snipped by me-

I wanted to comment on this portion of your discussion. If we are talking about a camera that is on the Wal-Mart building, a tree that is towards the front of the parking lot, and the vehicles in question at the back of the parking lot. Isn't it possible that the object in the front of the video would block more of something in the back of the image than if the tree were closer to the vehicles? Do my ramblings make sense?

Yes complete sense IMO. We have a surveillance camera at our house and so far have looked up 4 incidents. I still have a hard time believing 3 of them happened to take place in the one spot blocked by a branch from a very small tree. It's aggravating and we've now fixed the problem but I kept thinking "seriously?!" It's amazing IMO how large of an area a fairly small branch can block, especially if it's close to the camera.

I'm sorry if I offended you. My husband is a pastor so we know firsthand of the problems that young men face dealing with this struggle. It was just my opinion did not want to make anyone upset.

I just want to apologize and give credit to MySweetRiley for nailing the perp profile from very early on. *advertiser censored*, as well as child *advertiser censored*, was absolutely part of Holt's problems. The search affidavits were very revealing and probably no surprise to the aforementioned poster. May I have some salt for the crow I am eating?

Question: (Bing Map Neptune supplied):

Why, of all the spaces he could have parked in did the guy park the van under the street light?

Hmm good question. Maybe he thought the light pole would obscure the camera view? Or maybe he didn't even clue into the fact that it was there, since it was day time? Sounds a little crazy I know but we're talking about someone who thought dropping his gun off outside of the police department was a good idea so who knows.

My first post, so please be gentle.

Anyone else wondering if JH might be bipolar?

Okay, well lol...let me just throw myself under a bus here. I graduated at the top of my class, all AP classes in high school, scholarships to college, etc.

My husband (lovingly and jokingly) has a saying "Babe, you are book smart, but you are NOT street smart".... I seriously can be the epitome of the phrase "dumb blonde" (I'm brunette ;) ) hahaha... When it comes to common sense, or when I am in a high stress situation..the easiest/smartest/most practical approach is NOT necessarily what comes to mind. I'm also not inherently observant. LOL

So, you can be educated, book smart, intelligent, etc. without being the most insightful person ;)

lol I didn't know til now I apparently have a twin sister... I get bizarrely calm and focused in super high stress situations but otherwise, sounds like we're a lot alike!

My first post, so please be gentle.

Anyone else wondering if JH might be bipolar?

:welcome:

I've thought all kinds of various mental illnesses as I've read about this case. Bipolar's on my list of possibilities, for sure, IMO. There's also a whole range of things that don't get discussed that much but things like manic-depressive (maybe old term for bipolar?), "hypo-manic," and others. The strange personality changes or at least impressions people have been getting of his personality really get to me.

Is it correct that there is no charge of rape?
Was he an intended rapist? Are there many cases where an intended violator solely demands a _ _?
If an intended rapist and he was thwarted due to a biting action (as someone suggested up-thread), I hope the bite removed parts!

Note: I realize we may not know all the details about the crime but if there was a rape, wouldn’t the charges have already been leveled? TIA

Was he an intended rapist? Are there many cases where an intended violator solely demands a _ _?
If an intended rapist and he was thwarted due to a biting action (as someone suggested up-thread), I hope the bite removed parts!

Note: I realize we may not know all the details about the crime but if there was a rape, wouldn’t the charges have already been leveled? TIA

I believe robbery, kidnapping and rape were additional charges added on Friday.

I thought the charged term was "sodomy" not "rape"? Maybe I missed some new info.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2012/10/grand_jury_indicts_jonathan_ho.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico