Orange County Sheriff says: Stop leaking news to media.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to say, most things I hear come from the defense side. I've never seen the prosecution on the t.v. rambling on about Junk science...etc.

Everything else has come from reporters, which is basically hear say.
If they are talking about documents being released to the public. I do believe that is called the florida sunshine laws.

Listening to the defense ramble on about her innocence, and going on t.v telling how she's unjustly treated etc...is more of a leak imo.

Could you please show one example of a leak that could logically have come from anyone on the defense "side". These leaks came before the defense had any access to the docs and would only serve to taint the jury against his client. He'd have to be on a suicide mission and the As would not leak anything like that even if they did have knowledge before it was released to the defense. This reasoning doesn't hold water. The leaks serve the purpose of implying the accused is guilty and then they turn out to not be true at all, mostly. That's why I won't just believe any news article. I wait for the real docs to form my judgments.

ETA Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Motion to Delay Judge's ruling on the Video I'm rather uncomfortable adding this example of a source close to the investigation because I know his heart is in the right place, leading so many tireless searches for missing persons. But, it is a good example of information being given inappropriately, and it coming from LE, not from the defense. I also think the information given to him was false, after reading TU's account of what happened. It was her hands that were red, sounding like she was reacting with hives, a normal stress response when one hears her child may have been found dead. But reading the public reaction to this information you can see that the red face was picked up and run with, being used to show her embarrasment at being caught "red handed" or guilt which is simply not the case, according to the eye witness account from Officer Uncer.

I think it's very likely that the defense team "leaks" information for the purpose of accusing the SA or LE of same. If the leaked info. is later shown to be untrue, it creates all the more drama. The defense can claim that the prosecution leaked this incorrect info. to taint the jury pool: That they had to manufacture evidence because there is no TRUE evidence that would show their client's guilt. Considering that Mr. Baez successfully argued AGAINST a gag order, this reasoning does indeed "hold water".

In addition, there are people who love to insert themselves into these things. It might make someone feel very important to be the source of a published "leak" whether that leak is true or not .

The prosecution, in my opinion has a very good case. They don't NEED to try to sway potential jurors. The defense, however, may very well need
to argue for a mistrial. Looks to me like they have been trying to find grounds for that since KC was arrested.

I have posted before, that in the imperfect adversarial process that is our justice system BOTH sides walk right to the line of what is legal and sometimes step over if they can get away with it. It is faulty reasoning to believe one side is ALL good and one side is ALL bad.

I don't really consider her reaction as a leak of the case. It wasn't a private, secret moment.

And I got the same question, but going the other way. I wanta see some of these leaks folks are talking about. What kind of level/type/etc are they?

I just read a coment that Baden talked about the tox of Caylee's hair. That info hasn't been released yet. That would be an example of the defense doing it.

Bolded by me.

Dr Baden is not a member of the defence team and his comments regarding how hair could be tested for chloroform where just general observations as far as I recall, not specifically about this particular case.

The toxicology results on Caylee's hair have been released and where negative for all the drugs tested for. These results were in the discovery released on May 1st.

Bolded by me.

Dr Baden is not a member of the defence team and his comments regarding how hair could be tested for chloroform where just general observations as far as I recall, not specifically about this particular case.

The toxicology results on Caylee's hair have been released and where negative for all the drugs tested for. These results were in the discovery released on May 1st.

The results had not yet been released when Dr Baden made his bold statement on the Geraldo Rivera show about "Oh, you mean chloroform in the baby's (Caylee) hair. There's a video.
ETA - Does anyone really believe that 2 people who live together, sleep together, and have the same
forensic backgrounds do not discuss their legal cases at home? I sure don't.

Well, for starters, I remember the flap Todd Black started when he slipped and stated publicly last October that Caylee could be presumed dead. This is discussed at length on the thread Todd Black - Defense Team Says: "Loss Of The Life Of A Little Girl".

Personally, I am sick and tired of people's expectations that the prosecution and LE have to be absolute perfect angels and the defense can get by with every sleazy, low-road circus trick and shell game known to man both in the media and in court while the prosecution has to sit by and listen to all of it with the patience of saints.

This defense team reminds me of people who keep neck braces in their cars and purposely walk on slippery floors so they can yell "foul!" whenever it suits their purposes. Or to mix yet another metaphor, screaming "conspiracy theory" every ten seconds has the same usefulness as yelling "fire" in a crowded theater - it's not only unethical but it tends to "harden" the public.

JB and LBK's hyperbolic, histrionic and inflammatory remarks in the media (my personal favorites are accusing the public of seeing JB as Hitler and KC as Osama bin Laden or some other hilariously inappropriate analogy) - are much, much worse in my mind than "leaking" information. Good lord, these people have done nothing but put on a show to delay justice and mug for the cameras. If it were up to me, I'd be leaking information on this case like a sieve just to get the darned thing over with.

This is JMO but if Team KC didn't oppose the gag order that the SA was requesting we would not be privy to most of this information. The "leaks" in my opinion is information that is covered under the Sunshine Law here in the great state of Florida! Team KC wanted to be able to benefit financially in regards to the information put to the public but with the Sunshine Law it didn't quite work out the way they had planned. Poor Caylee is being used for profit from her family and others from her death and shame on those people. Profit is more important than Justice for Caylee, that is SOOOOOOO sad.

This is JMO but if Team KC didn't oppose the gag order that the SA was requesting we would not be privy to most of this information. The "leaks" in my opinion is information that is covered under the Sunshine Law here in the great state of Florida! Team KC wanted to be able to benefit financially in regards to the information put to the public but with the Sunshine Law it didn't quite work out the way they had planned. Poor Caylee is being used for profit from her family and others from her death and shame on those people. Profit is more important than Justice for Caylee, that is SOOOOOOO sad.
bold,me
You are so right, a gag order would have amounted to no more free advertising, no more media hoopla, not good for the blood-thirsty vampires trying to make a buck on Caylee's death.

I don't really consider her reaction as a leak of the case. It wasn't a private, secret moment.

And I got the same question, but going the other way. I wanta see some of these leaks folks are talking about. What kind of level/type/etc are they?

I just read a coment that Baden talked about the tox of Caylee's hair. That info hasn't been released yet. That would be an example of the defense doing it.

I remember Baden's slip of the tongue, too.
Quote: Devon

I did not take the comment to be nonspecific. Baden said Caylee's hair.

There are toxicology tests on Caylee yet to be released, if what is being reported this week is true.

Maybe Baden is not on the defense team. But, he is married to one of KC's attorney's.

I don't believe he can be called an unbiased observer. Many (including potential jurors) might have a hard time believing that pillow-talk never occurs between Baden and LKB. IMO

bold,me
You are so right, a gag order would have amounted to no more free advertising, no more media hoopla, not good for the blood-thirsty vampires trying to make a buck on Caylee's death.

I agree as well. I think if they would of put a "Gag" order in place way back Casey would not have all these so called giving attorneys...they would not of wasted their time and money.

Verité;3882415 said:
If anyone has that info and could leak it, I betcha it would be JB...but he'd rather wait for his Perry Mason or Johnnie Cochran moment at trial.

ITA. His lack of actual "lawyering" will be the reason Casey gets an appeal or a re-trial if found guilty at trial.

For those who are trying to remember correctly, Dr. Baden did in fact say they found chloroform in [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZsd--Y2Hk"]YouTube - Geraldo 3/14/09 Dr. Baden/Chloroform Caylee's Hair?[/ame]. IMO I think this "slip" could be considered a leak that came from the defense.

FWIW, the day we get document dumps as a result of the Sunshine Law isn't the day that the defense gets these documents. Document dumps come several days to weeks after they have been released to the defense in discovery. Otherwise, we'd have all of it already. The defense has had ample time in some of these instances to leak info to the media. These leaks have come from both sides IMO. As for the media... they are just doing their job.

For those who are trying to remember correctly, Dr. Baden did in fact say they found chloroform in YouTube - Geraldo 3/14/09 Dr. Baden/Chloroform Caylee's Hair?. IMO I think this "slip" could be considered a leak that came from the defense.

FWIW, the day we get document dumps as a result of the Sunshine Law isn't the day that the defense gets these documents. Document dumps come several days to weeks after they have been released to the defense in discovery. Otherwise, we'd have all of it already. The defense has had ample time in some of these instances to leak info to the media. These leaks have come from both sides IMO. As for the media... they are just doing their job.

Thanks for the link and info!

The blame game is getting old.

After Caylee's body was found, JB was on GR accusing LE of recording private conversations between him and KC, not the only time he has accused LE of improper conduct. If this is not an attempt to create bias what is? Also could be considered a "leak" since it led me to believe he thought someone heard KC tell him where the body was.

After Caylee's body was found, JB was on GR accusing LE of recording private conversations between him and KC, not the only time he has accused LE of improper conduct. If this is not an attempt to create bias what is? Also could be considered a "leak" since it led me to believe he thought someone heard KC tell him where the body was.

But how can telling the truth be an attempt to create bias? If Baez was the only one that said it I'd be waiting for evidence it was true. But I read the words of an jail worker that supports what he said.

But how can telling the truth be an attempt to create bias? If Baez was the only one that said it I'd be waiting for evidence it was true. But I read the words of an jail worker that supports what he said.

So if the "leak" is true, it's ok? Maybe I'm naive, but I find it hard to believe LE would risk their case by recording attorney client conversations.

M Baden repeatedly said on GVS that LE knows who Caylee's father is based on DNA. Defense leak? As far as we know that is not true. I thought at the time he was insinuating that LA was the father which would have worked in favor of the defense.

As far as I know, documents are not made available until the defense has had a chance to review them. None of the documents would be available to any of us (at all and how sad because there are so many cool cats on this forum) at all in any sense had not JB fought the gag order and the Judge had granted his motion. Therefore, hence, ergo, the blame for all of this darning information coming out and biting the defense is because the defense got what they asked for. Which...imo...any responsible decent attorney would have pled this out by now. JB might as well be the one injecting her when she gets the DP. She picked the wrong state for this. Too bad...so sad.

. But some have details that could only be know by LE and the SA's office, judging from the date of the article and when the docs were released.

That's a mighty big speculation. Documents are only released AFTER a media outlet has made a request for the documents to the SA. This does not mean in any way shape and or form that the public receives discovery at the same time the public does or anywhere near the time the defense receives it. It could be very possible that the defense could have "leaked" this information, just as much as the prosecution. Or it could be from someone not even related to the case. Unless there are provisions on who handles the discovery then a third party aiding in the production of the documents could have leaked the information.

Suffice it to say, the Defense has no reason to whine about "leaks". FL has unusual state laws that provide these documents be released to the public. Had the defense not opposed the gag order in this matter this would be a moot point. They didn't so IMO they loose their right to whine about it now.

Not to mention some of the most damning information has come directly from JB's own mouth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomonkenny
Back