Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #65~ the appeal~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roux's explanation that OP 'knew' Reeva was in the bedroom because he spoke to her is based solely on OP's words - words that were missing from his affidavit when he said they'd both gone to sleep.

"Roux's explanation that OP 'knew' Reeva was in the bedroom because he spoke to her"
i can imagine leach's response to that.

.....looking like the tables have turned for Pistorius..................also there was Roux and the opening toilet door, found that strange....

Simon Allison @simonallison

Consensus outside the court room is that this went firmly in the state's favour #OscarPistorius

and from Guardian:

Given the judges’ stern questioning of both parties, it is hard to draw a conclusion about who will be feeling most optimistic after today’s hearing. But many in Bloemfontein report that the state – and the Steenkamp family and supporters – appear upbeat:

I think that Nel could have been more articulate, but that the SCA is minded to substitute CH with DE.

.....looking like the tables have turned for Pistorius..................also there was Roux and the opening toilet door, found that strange....

I'm not counting my chickens just yet, first they will want to weigh what future implications this ruling could have, let alone what worms may come out of the woodwork from past judgements(especially from Masipa).

Unfortunately Radio 702 has only posted a few recorded opinions. Such a shame as their live legal interviews during the trial were always very interesting.

David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic 52s52 seconds ago

Everyone's asking, hard to say, they both did very well. But I still can't get away from 4 shots, closed door, small room. He wanted to kill

I think that Nel could have been more articulate, but that the SCA is minded to substitute CH with DE.

Yes, he struggled today just as he did in the trial. Good to see you think the SCA is minded to substitute CH with DE. OP must be wearing brown trousers.

No that's it. They will now make their decision and announce it in a matter of days or maybe weeks. How do you think it went overall?
I think it went really well for Nel. The focus was mainly on Masipa incorrectly applying the law for DE, and Roux was flustered a lot of the time when faced with the actual facts of how DE should be applied as opposed to Masipa's interpretation of it. Also, Leach pointing out more than once that the toilet was very small and therefore how could he have not foreseen he would kill someone when he fired 4 shots was a very pertinent question. I think OP will be found guilty of murder based on what I heard today. What about you?

or maybe they want to be in agreement of their power/options around change of verdict [and being able to sentence] versus a retrial... a lot of the discussion seemed to be around that imo.

Yes that is what I felt too; a lot of discussion around sorting out the future of the law that seem to be in dispute and what would be the best option, ie retrial or imposing a new sentence. This case is being watched worldwide and they will not want to get it wrong. On the face of it the PT did well but I would not like to jump to any conclusions.

I like the fact that Roux was unable to charm the panel with his razzle dazzle.
Well it's :eek:fftobed: for me. [emoji286] [emoji287]
Goodnight y'all.

I think it went really well for Nel. The focus was mainly on Masipa incorrectly applying the law for DE, and Roux was flustered a lot of the time when faced with the actual facts of how DE should be applied as opposed to Masipa's interpretation of it. Also, Leach pointing out more than once that the toilet was very small and therefore how could he have not foreseen he would kill someone when he fired 4 shots was a very pertinent question. I think OP will be found guilty of murder based on what I heard today. What about you?

Pretty much the same. Like i said it is hard to tell, but Roux was often flustered by the questions and it seemed to me that Leach does not believe OP's 'version'. I know that doesn`t factor in, but if he (and the others) believe there was a miscarriage of justice and they are able to rectify that by finding that Masipa applied the law incorrectly, then that does not bode well for Pistorius.

As you will have gathered from other posters it will be a matter of weeks before they announce their decision. Something for OP to ponder in the coming days as he lounges by the pool. Hope the worry ruins his enjoyment of the non-alcholic cocktail the maid brought him.

I'm not counting my chickens just yet, first they will want to weigh what future implications this ruling could have, let alone what worms may come out of the woodwork from past judgements(especially from Masipa).

.......for me i haven't changed my mind that he fired into the WC knowing she was in there but not with the intention to kill.......i think the best way out of this is to send him down for murder and leave it up to him for a further appeal, it's the only way the truth will come out.....whatever the truth may be.....

Now this is what most of us want to hear.

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta 4m4 minutes ago

#PistoriusAppeal A former trial judge tells me he believes it's game.set and match to Nel.

Pretty much the same. Like i said it is hard to tell, but Roux was often flustered by the questions and it seemed to me that Leach does not believe OP's 'version'. I know that doesn`t factor in, but if he (and the others) believe there was a miscarriage of justice and they are able to rectify that by finding that Masipa applied the law incorrectly, then that does not bode well for Pistorius.

As you will have gathered from other posters it will be a matter of weeks before they announce their decision. Something for OP to ponder in the coming days as he lounges by the pool. Hope the worry ruins his enjoyment of the non-alcholic cocktail the maid brought him.

.......it's not good for the grey hairs though .....

In the end, I typed the rest of the exchanges same as I did previously ( on page 15 here) , if anyone wants them let me know and I'll correct the typos and spellings and post them up.

Don't need to post that , just press thanks and I will take that as Yes- that way I can see if its worth the hour editing them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member