Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #67 *Appeal Verdict*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I don't know why there is a big to do about Oscar disability! I'm sure he will be able to get on his bed, toilet, use the sink and reach the food slot in his jail cell. The prison can adapt his shower stall for his handicap. It's done all the time in private homes. But he is a murderer and should go to jail for killing his house guest...

One thing I've noticed about this forum is many members are very hardened in their position and it becomes very difficult to have an open conversation to explore perhaps other issues. Such a shame that others that don't share exactly the same views get shouted down.
BIB - I think it's perhaps because this is a victim friendly site and it's difficult to have an 'open' conversation with someone who has posted extremely disparaging remarks about Reeva, suggested OP evade justice by doing a runner to Mozambique and generally shown more sympathy for the murderer than the victim. Most people here would find that hard to swallow.

One thing I've noticed about this forum is many members are very hardened in their position and it becomes very difficult to have an open conversation to explore perhaps other issues. Such a shame that others that don't share exactly the same views get shouted down.

One thing to consider: This is a victim friendly forum, always has been and always will be. Oscar Pistorius is not the victim in the case being discussed here, Reeva Steenkamp is. This may be why more here are of the opinion that he (the perpetrator) should pay for what he did to her (the victim).

We had a poster on the Caylee forum years ago who held a different opinion of the entire case than most others yet that poster was welcomed with open arms simply because they stated their opinion politely in concise terms that were designed to convey a message rather than incite a riot. I disagreed with much of what they said but always enjoyed reading their posts. They never referred to another opinion as odd or idiotic and never once took a personal jab at another poster. They respected others and were respected in return.

Just sayin...if anyone is being shouted down, perhaps there is a reason for it.

[video=youtu;ENvT_Go7GcY]http://youtu.be/ENvT_Go7GcY[/video]

Exactly, and the fact that he didn't absolutely screams that he didn't feel any danger. It stands to reason that if a person feels scared at hearing what might be an intruder they would arm themselves with all they have available to them...in this case, prosthetic legs. His leaving them off actually bolsters the idea that he did not feel threatened. He was a man on a mission that he knew he could carry out without bothering to enable himself with his prostheses.

Excellent point!

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan · 2h2 hours ago
Court GD - where #OscarPistorius was acquitted of murder last year. He's back today, convicted @eNCA

#OscarPistorius first court appearance since he was convicted of murder will be broadcast live on @eNCA

Police arrive to survey Court GD, in preparation for #OscarPistorius appearance @eNCA

#OscarPistorius legal team expected to announce Constitutional Court appeal this morning @eNCA

Understood that state and defense have reached agreement on #OscarPistorius bail arrangements. State won't oppose bail @eNCA

Defense expected to hand in affidavit from #OscarPistorius this morning, detailing grounds for Constitutional Court appeal @eNCA

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman · 2h2 hours ago
#OscarPistorius is expected to apply for bail at the High Court In Pretoria today. Proceedings start at 9:45am

#OscarPistorius it’s believed Pistorius will tell the court that he intends appealing his murder conviction at the Constitutional Court. BB

#OscarPistorius is expected to place on record the grounds for his appeal - he has 15 days to file papers at the ConCourt. BB

#OscarPistorius it’s also believed that Pistorius will accept bail conditions similar to conditions imposed during house arrest. BB

They should make him appeal while being locked up. He was found guilty of murder. Jmo. And if Massipa didn't switch up the law. He would have been still in prison for murder and not culpable.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman · 42s42 seconds ago
#OscarPistorius defence Advocate Barry Roux has arrived at court. Apparently, Pistorius’s family will not be in court today. BB

As in life, it just depends on what you say and how you say it.

For my fellow Aussies - Baden-Clay's murder conviction has been downgraded to manslaughter on appeal!!!

Curlewis, live from outside court, says now is not the right time to lodge an appeal. It should be done after sentencing. He thinks, given the unanimous decision from the SCA, it may not be granted as the Constitutional Court does not like to override SCA judgements. I wonder if he will be right this time or not?

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman · 2m2 minutes ago
#OscarPistorius IO Mike van Aardt, tech expert Francois Moller and police photographer Benny van Staden are in court. BB

#OscarPistorius has entered court. BB

In his underpants?

ETA:

Barry Bateman Retweeted
EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter · 1m1 minute ago
#OscarPistorius enters court and immediately starts signing documents. BB

Barry Roux lied. He's wearing a suit.

ETA 2:

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan · 2m2 minutes ago
#OscarPistorius signs affidavit in Court GD. Proceedings start at 9:30am @eNCA

15 minutes to go folks.

A couple of pics

Attachments

• OP 1.jpg
    OP 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 15
  • OP 2.jpg
    OP 2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 13
Had just over 3 hours sleep, so this had better be worth getting up for!!

Morning everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member