Othram - General Discussion - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Othram is honored to have assisted Hernando County Sheriff's Office in identifying 1972 homicide victim as Peggy Joyce Shelton. An investigation into who murdered her, continues.

Her thread:

WOW. Back to back identifications!
Thank you to the hard working people at Othram. You are making such a huge difference in the world! We can't thank you enough

@othram, you may not have the answer to this, but I have to ask.

Now that Tammie Liles has been ID'd as a confirmed Green River victim, where does the case of Angela Girdner (the girl Tammie was found with) stand? Is she considered a confirmed victim?

IMO, I'm certain that Ridgway did murder Angela, as it would be a very large coincidence if a girl fitting the victim description would be found next to a confirmed victim and for them both not to be victims of the same killer. I just wonder where her case stands in the eyes of officials.

Honored Othram could again assist the California Department of Justice and Orange County Sheriff's Office & Coroner Division, this time in helping identifying a 2017 Jane Doe. Her name has been withheld at the request of family and an investigation into her death continues.

Honored Othram could again assist the California Department of Justice and Orange County Sheriff's Office & Coroner Division, this time in helping identifying a 2017 Jane Doe. Her name has been withheld at the request of family and an investigation into her death continues.

Congratulations. Three n a row in less than 24 hours!

Not sure if there is a Websleuths thread, but we have a new case solve to share!

Honored Othram could assist the Orange County Sheriff's Office in identifying a 2000 homicide victim as Laurence “Larry” Rougeux, Jr., born October 29, 1951. He was from Winter Park, Florida and an investigation into who murdered him, continues.

Not sure if there is a Websleuths thread, but we have a new case solve to share!

Honored Othram could assist the Orange County Sheriff's Office in identifying a 2000 homicide victim as Laurence “Larry” Rougeux, Jr., born October 29, 1951. He was from Winter Park, Florida and an investigation into who murdered him, continues.

Honored Othram could assist the Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office in identifying a 2022 John Doe as Kevin Dewayne Cochran, born October 21, 1987. This was was funded by Project Justice and we are grateful for the support!

Honored Othram could assist the Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office in identifying a 2022 John Doe as Kevin Dewayne Cochran, born October 21, 1987. This was was funded by Project Justice and we are grateful for the support!

New case!

As part of our ongoing, multi-year collaboration with SEMO Anthropology, we are working to fund and solve a new case, this time in Lincoln County, Missouri. Please share this case and help us fund it!

New solved case:

New solved case:

I am so happy to hear that Barkley Phillip Jones has his name back. How sad it is to be dead and uncared for by a loved one for these past years. Wishing peace to all who knew and cared for him.

Honored Othram could assist Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office in identifying a 1987 Jane Doe as Pati Lisa Loguercio Rust, originally from Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida. Law enforcement is asking that anyone that knew Pati contact investigators as they look into the circumstances of her death.

Honored Othram could assist Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office in identifying a 1987 Jane Doe as Pati Lisa Loguercio Rust, originally from Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida. Law enforcement is asking that anyone that knew Pati contact investigators as they look into the circumstances of her death.

This is wonderful news. Congratulations. Hats off to Jennifer Bradley et al. I was tracking this bill introduced into legislature but thought it was to go into effect in July of this year. So happy the ball is already rolling. Good stuff going on behind the scenes in FL to assist with solving cold cases. Thank you David and to everyone at Othram. I swear you guys don’t sleep. So happy a big part of this case is solved and for Pati, RIP.

Ever since I joined the community, there have been two cases I really wanted to see identified. This is one of them. There others are the Valencia Does from 1980.

Thank you so much for giving Pati her name back!

Ever since I joined the community, there have been two cases I really wanted to see identified. This is one of them. There others are the Valencia Does from 1980.

Thank you so much for giving Pati her name back!
We are doing a lot in Florida. Watch out for many more case announcements in that state.

This is wonderful news. Congratulations. Hats off to Jennifer Bradley et al. I was tracking this bill introduced into legislature but thought it was to go into effect in July of this year. So happy the ball is already rolling. Good stuff going on behind the scenes in FL to assist with solving cold cases. Thank you David and to everyone at Othram. I swear you guys don’t sleep. So happy a big part of this case is solved and for Pati, RIP.
This case was funded by a budget request that Senator Bradley and her colleagues supported last year. The legislation that you are tracking goes into effect this year, as you noted, and is modeled after that budget request. It adds funding for law enforcement to use forensic genetic genealogy more broadly. We couldn't be more grateful. You can't crowdfund every case!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222
Back