Othram - General Discussion - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Honored Othram could assist the Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office in identifying a 2001 John Doe as as Harlan L. Serene, born December 3, 1934.

Honored Othram could assist the Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office in identifying a 2001 John Doe as as Harlan L. Serene, born December 3, 1934.

This is his WS thread:

This is his WS thread:
Thank you!

Why are there unidentified children? How can a child be unaccounted for? Last month we launched our most ambitious project: to identify 525 murdered children from NamUs & uncover those responsible for their deaths. Help us share the project & follow along for updates coming soon.

As always, we want to know more of the backstory in these unidentified cases....

This is the obituary of his father, killed in a car accident in 1958. The obit also indicates that his mother was also killed in an automobile accident in 1956, when the father was critically injured as well. Harlan is listed as one of the 4 surviving children.
I assume only Ancestry members or Newspapers.com members can read it, but I have summarized the family info as best I can above. Three siblings should have been missing Harlan.

moo On another ancestry site, it shows him "living" in Leavenworth KS from1998-2001. The address is very close to the prison, but is not exactly the prison. moo since I really cannot source this data.....

But I do wonder IF Othram's data includes the approximate time of death at the time they found him.....
Or if any sleuther knows how to access prison records...

Last edited:
As always, we want to know more of the backstory in these unidentified cases....

This is the obituary of his father, killed in a car accident in 1958. The obit also indicates that his mother was also killed in an automobile accident in 1956, when the father was critically injured as well. Harlan is listed as one of the 4 surviving children.
I assume only Ancestry members or Newspapers.com members can read it, but I have summarized the family info as best I can above. Three siblings should have been missing Harlan.

moo On another ancestry site, it shows him "living" in Leavenworth KS from1998-2001. The address is very close to the prison, but is not exactly the prison. moo since I really cannot source this data.....

But I do wonder IF Othram's data includes the approximate time of death at the time they found him.....
Or if any sleuther knows how to access prison records...

I should have edited this post, but i missed the one hour window....

Since relatives had indicated that Harlan was living in MO in the 80s... I believe the Leavenworth data I found on an ancestry site very likely could be wrong. I should not have included it, with the other factual information that I found.

In December 2021, the remains of an unidentified black male, aged 45-60, were found in an abandoned house on Wolfe Street in Brunswick, Georgia. Despite efforts by the Brunswick Police Department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, his identity remains unknown. A DNASolves crowdfund has been set up to cover the costs of this investigation. Your help is needed! Please contribute and share this post to assist in identifying John Doe and bringing answers to this case.

In May 1986, a fire at 24th and Elm Street in Minneapolis, Minnesota, led to the discovery of two bodies in a retired railroad boxcar. One individual was identified, but the other remains unknown. This John Doe is described as a white male, standing between 5’6” and 5’10” and weighing 140-150 pounds. Despite nearly forty years of investigation, his identity is still a mystery. A DNASolves crowdfund has been set up to cover the casework costs. We would be grateful for everyone's help on this case. Contribute and share with others!

In May 1986, a fire at 24th and Elm Street in Minneapolis, Minnesota, led to the discovery of two bodies in a retired railroad boxcar. One individual was identified, but the other remains unknown. This John Doe is described as a white male, standing between 5’6” and 5’10” and weighing 140-150 pounds. Despite nearly forty years of investigation, his identity is still a mystery. A DNASolves crowdfund has been set up to cover the casework costs. We would be grateful for everyone's help on this case. Contribute and share with others!

In December 2021, the remains of an unidentified black male, aged 45-60, were found in an abandoned house on Wolfe Street in Brunswick, Georgia. Despite efforts by the Brunswick Police Department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, his identity remains unknown. A DNASolves crowdfund has been set up to cover the costs of this investigation. Your help is needed! Please contribute and share this post to assist in identifying John Doe and bringing answers to this case.

Honored Othram could assist Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office in identifying a 1984 Homicide Victim as Joseph W. Newman of Toms River, New Jersey. Grateful to Senator Jennifer Bradley & her colleagues for fighting for dollars for law enforcement agencies to help them solve these cases.

Honored Othram could assist Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office in identifying a 1984 Homicide Victim as Joseph W. Newman of Toms River, New Jersey. Grateful to Senator Jennifer Bradley & her colleagues for fighting for dollars for law enforcement agencies to help them solve these cases.

Busy day in Florida for solves! Honored Othram could assist St. Petersburg Police Department in identifying a 1992 John Doe as Jack Jones, born February 18, 1932.

I don't think there's a Doe thread for Jack, I've tried looking but I'm not finding one. Perhaps someone else will have better luck.

Busy day in Florida for solves! Honored Othram could assist St. Petersburg Police Department in identifying a 1992 John Doe as Jack Jones, born February 18, 1932.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling
Back