Othram - General Discussion - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Over the past six years, the company has been publicly credited with helping to solve nearly 350 cases, including murders, rapes, and unidentified bodies."

Note: As of today, we are now publicly associated with 353 solved cases!

Honored Othram could assist Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office and Colorado Bureau of Investigation in identifying a 2018 John Doe as David Michael Crady, born October 4, 1955.

Honored Othram could assist Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office and Colorado Bureau of Investigation in identifying a 2018 John Doe as David Michael Crady, born October 4, 1955.

His Doe thread:

Othram previously assisted the Hernando County Sheriff's Office in identifying a 1972 homicide victim as Peggy Joyce Shelton. This week detectives determined that she was murder by her husband and that he had committed violent crimes against others. He died in prison in 2014.

Othram previously assisted the Hernando County Sheriff's Office in identifying a 1972 homicide victim as Peggy Joyce Shelton. This week detectives determined that she was murder by her husband and that he had committed violent crimes against others. He died in prison in 2014.

Othram is honored to have assisted the Massachusetts Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in identifying a 2023 John Doe. UHR cases can (and should) be worked in realtime.

Othram is honored to have assisted the Massachusetts Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in identifying a 2023 John Doe. UHR cases can (and should) be worked in realtime.

His WS thread:

Second case today! Honored Othram could assist the Riverside County District Attorney, Sheriff's Office, and California DOJ in identifying a 1988 homicide victim as 25-year-old Jacqueline “Jackie” Danette Ebel, born January 2, 1963. This case was funded by RTJ.

Second case today! Honored Othram could assist the Riverside County District Attorney, Sheriff's Office, and California DOJ in identifying a 1988 homicide victim as 25-year-old Jacqueline “Jackie” Danette Ebel, born January 2, 1963. This case was funded by RTJ.

We build best-in-class tech that combines lab science, software, and process to better forensics. Since inception, we have operated a dedicated research laboratory, distinct from our accredited forensic laboratory, allowing us to focus on innovation and development without compromising the rigorous standards required for forensic casework. Today we launched a research portal, should you be interested in following along with our ongoing research efforts, peer-reviewed papers, and product previews.

Honored Othram could assist the Riverside Police Department in identifying a 1987 baby doe and her parents.

By SAL BONO August 10, 2024
''Othram was founded by Kristen and David Mittelmen and was the first lab in the world that was built to use the most advanced genomics techniques to identify victims and perpetrators from crime scenes.'

“That's all we do. We identify DNA that was found at a crime scene, whether it belongs to the perpetrator or the victim,” Dr. Kristen Mittelmen, co-founder of Othram, tells Inside Edition Digital. “So our mission was to be able to make every case tractable. We truly don't believe it's justice unless every case can come to resolution and get an answer.”

In the past, Othram had been able to solve cases with even less samples than Carla's, as well as samples that dated back to the 1800s.
Even the most seasoned crime fighters like Holes said he too was skeptical about what Othram could uncover from a DNA sample off a bra strap.
“I was skeptical and quite frankly, I did not stay on top of the technology as I should have,” Holes says.
“This case tore me up and I so related to Jim Walker. It was like, the empathy was just absolutely there and I just wanted to see something done on this case,” he says.''

By SAL BONO August 10, 2024
''Othram was founded by Kristen and David Mittelmen and was the first lab in the world that was built to use the most advanced genomics techniques to identify victims and perpetrators from crime scenes.'

“That's all we do. We identify DNA that was found at a crime scene, whether it belongs to the perpetrator or the victim,” Dr. Kristen Mittelmen, co-founder of Othram, tells Inside Edition Digital. “So our mission was to be able to make every case tractable. We truly don't believe it's justice unless every case can come to resolution and get an answer.”

In the past, Othram had been able to solve cases with even less samples than Carla's, as well as samples that dated back to the 1800s.
Even the most seasoned crime fighters like Holes said he too was skeptical about what Othram could uncover from a DNA sample off a bra strap.
“I was skeptical and quite frankly, I did not stay on top of the technology as I should have,” Holes says.
“This case tore me up and I so related to Jim Walker. It was like, the empathy was just absolutely there and I just wanted to see something done on this case,” he says.''
This is so good. Wouldn’t it be great to see a grassroots effort by WebSleuthers to contact their Senators and Congresspeople in support of The Carla Walker Act?

This is so good. Wouldn’t it be great to see a grassroots effort by WebSleuthers to contact their Senators and Congresspeople in support of The Carla Walker Act?
Sure would! Super easy to do - here's the website for US Senate along with easy drop down search by state and contact info. Reaching out can and does make a difference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back