Othram - General Discussion - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This was definitely a less known case and given that only a foot was found, there was not a lot of information/context to go on.

Honored that Othram could assist the MBI Cold Case Unit & Mississippi State Medical Examiner Team in identifying a 2001 John Doe as John “Johnnie” Allen Gallegos, born April 12, 1966. Thank you to Carla Davis for funding the case!

Honored that Othram could assist the MBI Cold Case Unit & Mississippi State Medical Examiner Team in identifying a 2001 John Doe as John “Johnnie” Allen Gallegos, born April 12, 1966. Thank you to Carla Davis for funding the case!

Johnnie's Doe thread:

Johnnie's Doe thread:
I love knowing that there is always someone here to help. We never give up hope!

Honored that Othram could assist Metropolitan Nashville Police Department in identifying a 1993 John Doe as Donald Elden Verhalen, born June 12, 1937. We are grateful to RTI, NamUs, and the NIJ for funding the case.

Honored that Othram could assist Metropolitan Nashville Police Department in identifying a 1993 John Doe as Donald Elden Verhalen, born June 12, 1937. We are grateful to RTI, NamUs, and the NIJ for funding the case.

Great work as always. But the date of birth is definitely wrong.

Not seeing a Doe thread for Donald at first glance.

Honored that Othram could assist the Nez Perce County Coroner’s & Sheriff’s Office and Idaho State Police Forensic Services in identifying a 1982 John Doe as Dewayne Surls, born in 1965. He was only a teenager.

Honored that Othram could assist the Nez Perce County Coroner’s & Sheriff’s Office and Idaho State Police Forensic Services in identifying a 1982 John Doe as Dewayne Surls, born in 1965. He was only a teenager.

Here's Dewayne's Doe thread:

Just fantastic. I remember this case. So glad this young man has been identified. Thank you.

Update on this case

The judge threw out the dna evidence, because the sample was collected from private property without a warrant.

Jasons team attempted to have the entire case thrown out, but the judge denied that request, claiming there was other evidence that pointed to Jason as a suspect.

Hi, I came across this Jane Doe, a tiny little woman murdered so violently over 40 years ago. It's just very sad. She still has no name, no identity.

The work you've done and continue to do is just remarkable. I know the family and friends of the once unidentified appreciate it more than can be expressed. Bless you.

Hi, I came across this Jane Doe, a tiny little woman murdered so violently over 40 years ago. It's just very sad. She still has no name, no identity.

The work you've done and continue to do is just remarkable. I know the family and friends of the once unidentified appreciate it more than can be expressed. Bless you.

Your post led me to look up her thread. In her thread, unfortunately there are quotes saying her remains have been "lost," so DNA comparisons can't be made. ETA: They do have dental records, though, and some are wondering if her DNA might be obtained on the bullets related to her case. That would be incredible!

Your post led me to look up her thread.
Hi, I came across this Jane Doe, a tiny little woman murdered so violently over 40 years ago.
She is my PFP and is linked in my signature. One of the newspaper articles I found about her mentioned the name of the person who did her clay reconstruction, who was a professor of anthropology at an Alabama college in the 1980s. I THINK I have found where she is today but haven't reached out yet. I had a theory that the skull might still be at the college, maybe unmarked, having not been returned to law enforcement for one reason or another. MOO.

Your post led me to look up her thread. In her thread, unfortunately there are quotes saying her remains have been "lost," so DNA comparisons can't be made. ETA: They do have dental records, though, and some are wondering if her DNA might be obtained on the bullets related to her case. That would be incredible!
Oh I hadn't seen that. My goodness how does that happen? Such an indignity :( That would be a miraculous if they could get her DNA from the bullets!

She is my PFP and is linked in my signature. One of the newspaper articles I found about her mentioned the name of the person who did her clay reconstruction, who was a professor of anthropology at an Alabama college in the 1980s. I THINK I have found where she is today but haven't reached out yet. I had a theory that the skull might still be at the college, maybe unmarked, having not been returned to law enforcement for one reason or another. MOO.
Wow! I hope she can be recovered there <3

That theory actually sounds really plausible. Great research on your part! Hoping her skull is there so we can get DNA sooner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP
Back