Othram - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the DNA SOLVES updates I get on my phone! I'm able to periodically check my cell throughout the day at work and look forward to seeing what cases have been solved or picked up.
Thanks Othram!

I love the DNA SOLVES updates I get on my phone! I'm able to periodically check my cell throughout the day at work and look forward to seeing what cases have been solved or picked up.
Thanks Othram!
Thank you! We appreciate the feedback. Anyone else that wants to sign up for updates can do so here:

https://dnasolves.com/articles/feed

That was fast! Some measure of comfort to the family, I'm sure.

I apologise if this is a stupid question but I'm relatively new to this site. I understand that obviously there is a right to privacy for families and the missing person, but is there still a cross reference to the national missing person sites and do they get removed from those sites? Basically, I suppose I am saying that someone could still be listed as missing if no one knows who has been identified so the "records" remain unmatched or does law enforcement resolve that? Sorry, I probably aren't explaining what I mean very well!

I would love to see Othram help solve the murder of Jennifer Brinkman, a young lady who was killed in her home in 1998. Seems like most of the work was already done by the state crime lab. According to a 2010 news article: "A great deal of potential evidence was collected from the crime scene. The Washington State Patrol crime lab was able to develop a DNA profile of an unknown man who may be involved in the homicide. As of today, nearly 12 years later, no match has ever been located for that DNA profile."
(Source: Q13's Most Wanted features Marysville murder cold case | Marysville Globe)

Here is her WS thread: WA - Jennifer Brinkman 1998

Paul Holes and Dave/Othram at CrimeCon was possibly the best panel all weekend

Dave! well done mate, you did a great job explaining the issues you face moving forward, i hope someone in the crowd or listening online does have that solution for you

Mind Over Murder: NEW: David Mittelman of Othram: DNA Solves Cases (Part 2) on Apple Podcasts
''In this brand-new episode, "Mind Over Murder" co-hosts Bill Thomas and Kristin Dilley talk with David Mittelman, CEO of Othram, the Texas based crime lab that is breaking cold cases across the country. David fills us in on how Othram full genome sequencing is identifying crime victims and suspects for the FBI and other law enforcement partners. Topics discussed: the Brianna Maitland case in Vermont, how funds are being raised to solve cold cases, and some big news that David Mittelman of Othram and Paul Holes of the Murder Squad podcast will announce at CrimeCon! This is part 2 of 2 parts.

New York Times: The True Crime-Obsessed Philanthropists Paying to Catch Killers
When the police can’t afford to solve cold cases using DNA databases, deep-pocketed donors c

The True Crime-Obsessed Philanthropists Paying to Catch Killers

Othram DNA Solves: You can help solve a case. Help fund a case or contribute your DNA. Your support helps solve crimes, enable the identification of John & Jane Does, and bring closure to families. Joining is fast, secure, and easy.

DNASolves - Your DNA Could Help Solve a Crime''

Unmasked (crimecon.com)
Unmasked+Book+Cover-1920w.jpeg

Dave! well done mate, you did a great job explaining the issues you face moving forward, i hope someone in the crowd or listening online does have that solution for you
Appreciate the kind words!

Mind Over Murder: NEW: David Mittelman of Othram: DNA Solves Cases (Part 2) on Apple Podcasts
''In this brand-new episode, "Mind Over Murder" co-hosts Bill Thomas and Kristin Dilley talk with David Mittelman, CEO of Othram, the Texas based crime lab that is breaking cold cases across the country. David fills us in on how Othram full genome sequencing is identifying crime victims and suspects for the FBI and other law enforcement partners. Topics discussed: the Brianna Maitland case in Vermont, how funds are being raised to solve cold cases, and some big news that David Mittelman of Othram and Paul Holes of the Murder Squad podcast will announce at CrimeCon! This is part 2 of 2 parts.

New York Times: The True Crime-Obsessed Philanthropists Paying to Catch Killers
When the police can’t afford to solve cold cases using DNA databases, deep-pocketed donors c

The True Crime-Obsessed Philanthropists Paying to Catch Killers

Othram DNA Solves: You can help solve a case. Help fund a case or contribute your DNA. Your support helps solve crimes, enable the identification of John & Jane Does, and bring closure to families. Joining is fast, secure, and easy.

DNASolves - Your DNA Could Help Solve a Crime''

Unmasked (crimecon.com)
If you read the book, check out page 267!

Ag

Agreed. Terrific. Both Mittlemans (Mittlemen? Lol) did a great job on their respective panels!

I know you've worked with the police in Las Vegas extensively and that there are some generous donors for cases in that area so how about this new hot off the press case? @othram
A barrel with a skeleton on it was found in an area Lake Mead affected by drought. It's probably decades old so it's a proper homicide mystery in all likelihood given the other circumstances. Let's not give the killer the impression that their identity will stay in Vegas. It's not even in NamUs yet but I doubt they'll identify him easily.

I know you've worked with the police in Las Vegas extensively and that there are some generous donors for cases in that area so how about this new hot off the press case? @othram
A barrel with a skeleton on it was found in an area Lake Mead affected by drought. It's probably decades old so it's a proper homicide mystery in all likelihood given the other circumstances. Let's not give the killer the impression that their identity will stay in Vegas. It's not even in NamUs yet but I doubt they'll identify him easily.
Intriguing!
NV - LAS VEGAS Body In Barrel Found In Lake Mead, 1 MAY 2022 (websleuths.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler