Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest* #2 (missing again 23 July 2018)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't speak to Pennsylvania law, but under general or uniform mandatory reporting laws SE would not have been required to report anything to law enforcement.
But do we know what she does for a living? I haven't seen that reported. It's possible she has a job that makes her a mandatory reporter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This was from a few days ago:

Esterly's wife, Stacy Esterly, said earlier through her lawyer that she and her husband have been fighting constantly since the summer about his relationship with AY, The Morning Call said.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/03/pa_man_accused_of_running_away.html

BBM. AY only just turned 16 in December. The summer of 2017 would have been when she was still 15. I will be surprised if there are no additional charges brought against KE. JMO.

Hi Everyone,

There is nowhere else for me to turn. By Friday I have two bills totaling $750 dollars I must pay.

By Monday, April 2nd I have two more obligations I must meet. Both come to a total of just under $1100 hundred dollars.

I will be grateful for any donation you can make at any time.

www.paypal.com and use the email address websleuthsdonations@gmail.com

Or go to https://www..com/websleuths-is-on-the-brink

One member made a donation in memory of FoxFire aka Wolfscratch. If you want to do that then I will make a post on our Websleuths Facebook page and pin it to the top, with donations made in memory of our Websleuths friends who have gone before us.

Let me stress please DO NOT make a donation if it puts a strain on you financially. Only donate if truly can afford to do so.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so very much.

Tricia

Attachments

• Me stressed.jpg
    Me stressed.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 51
http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...ooks-to-sue-esterly-possibly-others/721723997

"If she used her mother's passport I am shocked that the airline just let her get on an airplane with a passport that wasn't hers," Cook said. "If she used her own passport it's still alarming that a 16-year-old could leave without their parent's knowledge or consent."

Luu told 69 News [AY] stole her passport and $4,000 when she ran away with Esterly back on March 5.

Just now catching up. I'm not sure if there are errors in this article, but having followed this case from the beginning, I have seen $200, $1000, and now $4000 as the amount of money that AY stole from her mother. We know that KE took $4000 from SE's account.

AY looks nothing like her mother and is decades younger. Passports are good for 10 years, and they do put the seal right over your picture now, but did either American Airlines or TSA look at the girl and check the birthdate on the passport? Is this the same TSA that dumped out the entire contents of my purse and confiscated my manicure scissors? The same TSA that on another occasion ransacked by purse to find a metal nail file? And the same TSA that on yet another occasion patted me down for no reason? I've also had body lotion and sunscreen confiscated! But yet they missed a 16-year-old Asian girl traveling with a much, much older white man using her mother's passport? Did AY have her own passport and just grab her mother's because she knew that her mother stashed a lot of cash in her passport? Did KE and AY plan this out far enough in advance that she was able to apply for a passport if she didn't already have one? And how much money did AY really take from her mother?

I have more questions than answers.

$4000 is the amount Kevin Esterly reportedly stole from his wife's bank account the day they left. I've seen elsewhere reported AY took $10,000 from her mother's house. The reporting doesn't seem to be very accurate on this case so hopefully we will get a look at more official court documents later.

ETA Source from March 17:
Y's family said Y had her mother's passport and $10,000.

Police said Esterly took $4,000 from his wife's bank account.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...y-arrested-amy-yu-located-in-mexico/717728515

And it's the SAME station making conflicting statements. :gaah:

AY looks nothing like her mother and is decades younger. Passports are good for 10 years, and they do put the seal right over your picture now, but did either American Airlines or TSA look at the girl and check the birthdate on the passport?
If they happened to catch these officials 6, 7, 8 hours into their shifts they may have looked at so many faces that they just kind of skimmed over that info, didn't put 2 and 2 together anymore.

If they happened to catch these officials 6, 7, 8 hours into their shifts they may have looked at so many faces that they just kind of skimmed over that info, didn't put 2 and 2 together anymore.

AY would have had to get by American Airlines and TSA. This is not acceptable. These are the people who are supposed to protect us against terrorists. And they should be looking for anything even slightly out of the ordinary, rather than making us ditch our water bottles before going through the security checkpoint, IMHO.

:cow:

AY would have had to get by American Airlines and TSA. This is not acceptable. These are the people who are supposed to protect us against terrorists. And they should be looking for anything even slightly out of the ordinary, rather than making us ditch our water bottles before going through the security checkpoint, IMHO.

Sadly, we are learning from other cases that airline procedures concerning verifying identity and tickets is a total joke. And TSA is no different. Next time you are at the airport, step aside and just watch them. They are just going through the motions. My wife and I travel quite a bit. she is tall, slender, ridiculously good looking. She gets pulled out for "random" pat downs almost every time we go through security. Its pathetic!! A couple years ago we were going to Las Vegas and were in line to board the plane. My wife was wearing some pretty short shorts, flip-flops, she couldnt' have hidden a scrap of paper on her. In line in front of us were two middle eastern looking men, one in a long coat, sort of trench coat. Wife and I were joking about if she would get searched again. Sure enough, the guy in the trench coat goes right through and my wife gets asked to step aside for additional random security screen. Does she look like a security risk? Obviously not, she is just a pretty woman that the screener wants to talk to for a few minutes. He is just a guy passing the time while he collects his paycheck. So, do I think its possible that AY flew on her mom's passport? Yep.

Sadly, we are learning from other cases that airline procedures concerning verifying identity and tickets is a total joke. And TSA is no different. Next time you are at the airport, step aside and just watch them. They are just going through the motions. My wife and I travel quite a bit. she is tall, slender, ridiculously good looking. She gets pulled out for "random" pat downs almost every time we go through security. Its pathetic!! A couple years ago we were going to Las Vegas and were in line to board the plane. My wife was wearing some pretty short shorts, flip-flops, she couldnt' have hidden a scrap of paper on her. In line in front of us were two middle eastern looking men, one in a long coat, sort of trench coat. Wife and I were joking about if she would get searched again. Sure enough, the guy in the trench coat goes right through and my wife gets asked to step aside for additional random security screen. Does she look like a security risk? Obviously not, she is just a pretty woman that the screener wants to talk to for a few minutes. He is just a guy passing the time while he collects his paycheck. So, do I think its possible that AY flew on her mom's passport? Yep.

I flew to Hawaii 3 weeks ago, so the TSA experience is fresh in my mind. The one who checks ID looks at the ID, looks at me, checks my boarding pass, and then we're on to the baggage check and body scan.

AY doesn't look a thing like her mother and is 30 years younger. I maintain that TSA should have caught this. IMHO.

I flew to Hawaii 3 weeks ago, so the TSA experience is fresh in my mind. The one who checks ID looks at the ID, looks at me, checks my boarding pass, and then we're on to the baggage check and body scan.

AY doesn't look a thing like her mother and is 30 years younger. I maintain that TSA should have caught this. IMHO.

Again there is no proof that she used her mother's passport. It's only a vague suggestion by the mother's lawyer. What do you think the chances are of a TSA agent allowing a 16 year old girl to fly with the passport of a 40 year old woman? :thinking:

I think it's very possible that she was able to use her mothers passport for her own.

www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-kevin-esterly-hearing-20180402-story,amp.html[/url]

The court appearance has been delayed.

When asked if there are going to be any changes to Esterly’s charges, Chief Deputy District Attorney Matt Falk said “not today.” He would not comment further.

Interesting, this was not a denial.

Preliminary Hearing Continued to an UN-Specified Date*

PA - Kevin M. Esterly, 45 -
for Felony Custodial Interference -
Lehigh County >>> Allentown -
5 Mar 2018

Incarcerated Defendant:
Kevin Michael Esterly
White / Male / 45 Years Old
Born: 29 Dec 1972

Allentown, Lehigh County is in Eastern, PA

*10)) http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/kevin-esterly-due-in-court-for-preliminary-hearing/724020339

Some Criminal Court Docket SheetS:

*A-1)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-31101-CR-0000144-2018:

Pre-Trial Confinement in Lieu Of $500,000 Bail

Appointment of Public Defender:
Carol Ann Marciano, Esquire

A-2)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docke...rt.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-31101-CR-0000144-2018

B)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docke...eport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-39-CR-0000224-2013

[Post 5557
Thread 369587]

Reported snow in Allentown was 4,5 inches, enough to close court or delay attorneys? Maybe.
The unspecified date is interesting IMO maybe more time for evidence discovery.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reported snow in Allentown was 4,5 inches, enough to close court or delay attorneys? Maybe.
The unspecified date is interesting IMO maybe more time for evidence discovery.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

"A preliminary hearing for Kevin Esterly, the Lowhill Township man charged with taking a 16-year-old girl to Mexico, was postponed Monday morning to a later date at the request of his court-appointed attorney.A new date has not been announced."

They were ready to begin. But I would agree, more time for discovery would be the likely reason.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon86
Back