GUILTY PA - Alina Barnes, 22 months, found partially buried in park, Philadelphia, 16 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wednesday, June 30th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 9am ET) - PA – Alina Barnes (Diggs) (22 mos.) (Oct. 15, 2018 reported missing, Philadelphia; found Oct. 16, 2018) – *Nyishia Beverly Corbitt (33/now 35) (GF of Alina’s father) arrested & charged (10/18/18) & arraigned (3/20/19) with murder, possessing an instrument of crime, falsifying reports, tampering with evidence, obstruction of justice & abuse of a corpse. Plead not guilty. Bail denied.
Court info from 11/7/18 thru 10/14/20 reference post #69 here:
PA - Alina Barnes, 22 months, found partially buried in park, Philadelphia, 16 Oct 2018

12/16/20 Update: Motion for hearing continuance-granted. Next pretrial conference hearing on 2/24/21. 2/24/21 Update: Motion for hearing continuance-granted. Next pretrial conference hearing on 4/21/21. 4/21/21 Update: Motion for continuance-granted. Rescheduled on 6/30/21.

It looks like NC negotiated a Guilty Plea and was sentenced today. I’m having a very hard time with copy/paste from that document, the formatting is terribly off, but I’ll do my best to include what I think is essential.

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Repor...-CR-0001486-2019&dnh=AD+6+StWnXTBS/xmh4+cBw==

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania v. NYISHIA CORBITT
Case Status: Closed
Status Date 06/30/2021
Processing Status Sentenced/Penalty Imposed

Guilty Plea - Negotiated
Defendant Was Present

1 / Murder Nolle Prossed

2 / Poss Instrument Of Crime W/Int. Nolle Prossed

3 / Obstruct Admin Law/Other Govt Func. Nolle Prossed

4 / Abuse Of Corpse Guilty Plea - Negociated
No further Penalty

5 / False Report - Falsely Incriminate Another Guilty Plea - Negociated
No further Penalty

6 / Tamper With/Fabricate Physical Evidence Nolle Prossed

7 / Murder Of The Third Degree Guilty Plea - Negociated
Confinement 20 YEARS - 40 YEARS

Credit to be calculated by the Phila. Prison System
Defendant to pay imposed mandatory court costs.

8 / Endangering Welfare of Children - Parent/Guardian/Other Commits Offense Guilty Plea - Negotiated
Confinement Min of 5.00 Years
Max of 10.00 Years
5 - 10 years

Credit to be calculated by the Phila. Prison System Defendant to pay imposed mandatory court costs.

LINKED SENTENCES:
Link 1
CP-51-CR-0001486-2019 - Seq. No. 8 (18 § 4304 §§ A1) - Confinement is Consecutive to
CP-51-CR-0001486-2019 - Seq. No. 7 (18 § 2502 §§ C) - Confinement

Thank you for all that @iulia - do you know the total years that she was sentenced to - or has she been sentenced? I see you have written 20 to 40 years & the other one 5 to 10 years - but don't see a total.

TIA! :)

Thank you for all that @iulia - do you know the total years that she was sentenced to - or has she been sentenced? I see you have written 20 to 40 years & the other one 5 to 10 years - but don't see a total.

TIA! :)
No problem, @Niner. I checked both the acriminal Docket and the Court Summary and both say that she was sentenced yesterday (“Sentenced/Penalty Imposed”). I couldn’t find a total for her sentence, unfortunately.

From what I understand the sentences are consecutive, so she will serve a minimum of 25 years and up to 50 years in prison before being released. I did a quick search for MSM articles but couldn’t find anything new.

Okay - thanks for that info @iulia - I'll put that down - 25 up to 50 years.

You’re very welcome. I’ll try searching again for articles, although there hasn’t been too much publicity around this case. Anyway, I am glad justice has been made for little Alina.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back