PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JennieM

Reaction score
Donald Trump ducked at a rally as shots appeared to be fired at the former president.

Trump pumped a fist at the crowd and did not seem to severely injured as he walked on his own off the stage, surrounded by secret service.

The shooting unfolded as Trump addressed supporters at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,
You are seeing many members on timeouts. We put up several warnings asking you not to post unapproved sources, not to post wild "facts" without linking to an approved source, and to stop being political. When members post things like this, it creates so much work for our mods because a ton of members report it. We have to check it out and deal with it again and again.
I don't like having to do this but I don't know how else to get our message across.
We want you to discuss, but you know the rules. It's why Websleuths is considered a reliable source for the public and law enforcement.
Thank you,
Tricia

My Friends,
I don't like taking my blood pressure medicine however, due to the fact that some members have been making blatant political posts about this situation has caused me to double my medication today.
WE DO NOT ALLOW POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS. This is about the horrific crime of an attempted assassination of a presidential candidate. Please keep on topic.
The on-topic discussion includes what is uncovered about the shooter. His information is relevant.
Thank you very much. My blood pressure thanks you as well.
Tricia

I guess no red flags were raised when a young white guy buys 50 rounds of ammo for his AR 15 style rifle hours before a former president and current Republican forerunner comes to town for a rally days before the Republican National Convention.

I guess no red flags were raised when a young white guy buys 50 rounds of ammo for his AR 15 style rifle hours before a former president and current Republican forerunner comes to town for a rally days before the Republican National Convention.
Well, since some states are selling ammo via grocery store vending machines now, it will be even easier to buy at the last minute.

I don't know that buying ammo would really be a red flag. I'm sure that store sold lots of ammo that day and every other day. 50 rounds is a typical amount to buy if you are going to the range to shoot.

Edited to add: this amount is likely the smallest amount someone could buy. A quick google search for boxes of ammo show that most come in boxes of 50. So a young man goes into a store and buys a single box of bullets.

I don't know if 50 rounds is considered excessive or not but what does him being white have to do with anything?

I don't like Trump at all, but this is totally unacceptable. We need to have both candidates safe for a fair election.

It's a minor miracle that the gunman was flushed out and had to rush his shots... we all know the outcome could eaily have been much worse.

So sad for the families of the other victims. Unthinkable.

I don't like Trump at all, but this is totally unacceptable. We need to have both candidates safe for a fair election.

It's a minor miracle that the gunman was flushed out and had to rush his shots... we all know the outcome could eaily have been much worse.

So sad for the families of the other victims. Unthinkable.
I feel exactly the same way. I can't stand Trump or Biden, but both are human beings that deserve to be safe and protected from nuts with violence in mind. Both also have supporters that deserve to be safe as well, and sadly in this case that was a major failure.

I feel exactly the same way. I can't stand Trump or Biden, but both are human beings that deserve to be safe and protected from nuts with violence in mind. Both also have supporters that deserve to be safe as well, and sadly in this case that was a major failure.
Agreed, and I imagine this incident will make many feel wary about attending rallies.

I don't know that buying ammo would really be a red flag. I'm sure that store sold lots of ammo that day and every other day. 50 rounds is a typical amount to buy if you are going to the range to shoot.

Edited to add: this amount is likely the smallest amount someone could buy. A quick google search for boxes of ammo show that most come in boxes of 50. So a young man goes into a store and buys a single box of bullets.
That's not normal in other, safer regions.

I think Izzylizzy is right, buying might have been more seamless for him. But why is it seamless for anyone?

Why is it typical to pick up 50 rounds designed to rip apart innerds? If it would be for a shooting range, wouldn't that be the safer place to sell them?

MOO

My condolences to the deceased and their families, truly no words for how awful every shooting in America is.

Has it been confirmed that the officer who approached the shooter on the roof was an actual police officer, and not hired security for the event? That piece is so interesting to me - with how long people in the crowd were warning and recording the shooter on the roof, surely a police officer would have radioed it in or called for back up immediately? Was the person who approached the shooter someone with less training for this type of critical urgency?

On the last thread this timeline was posted so I'll bring it over to this one so I can comment on it.

6:11:33 - trump pauses
6:11:34 Trump grabs his face/ear

6:11:50 Gunshot heard and woman is screaming. (this is the SS Sniper taking out the shooter)

6:12:06: Hawkeye is here (Hawkeye is the counter sniper team)

6:12:21: they get the message that the shooter is down

6:12:23 they get the message they are clear to move

I know when watching the video, it feels like it takes them forever, but when reading this timeline, it is clear that their first job was to immediately protect him and they did. They laid their bodies on top of him until they had confirmation that the shooter was down. There was other communication also about where they were taking him and then they get confirmation that the counter sniper team was in place. We saw those men arrive on stage with rifles and vests before they moved Trump. Then the SS agents prepare to move him.

Once shots were fired, I think the only thing they could do is lay on him until they had other protective measures in place and had confirmation that where they were taking him was secure and ready and that at least the one they knew was shooting was neutralized.

I think that is usually just one box.
One box wouldn't raise any eyebrows, in my opinion. What I found curious is he bought them THAT DAY. I find that rather interesting, though not sure what conclusions, if any, we can draw.

Was shooting into a crowd a fantasy plan that at the very last minute he decided to go ahead with since the Trump rally was convenient?

He took his dad's gun so I guess this also shows his dad didn't store ammo with the gun.

Or, did the kid practice in the days before the rally and run out of ammo?

jmo

Just to clarify, I do think he targeted Trump specifically while at the same time I think he simply wanted to shoot in a shocking way and die by cop/sniper.

It wasn't the purchase of the ammo itself, it was who was buying it for what type of firearm and the local political scene of the day and all the next week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back