PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am interested in how the police identified Crooks, so quickly, using "DNA and facial recognition".

FaceEXPLORER takes the digital photo captured at the photo center and establishes an algorithm based on an individual’s facial features. It utilizes this algorithm to compare an individual’s photo to all the other photos in PennDOT’s database.

The failure of security was absolutely the problem, but don’t discount the inherent dangers of an open-air venue. An indoor venue has less points of failure, and one that has been frequently used for high profile events does offer experience from past practice. Butler is not a town with tons of experience in handling security for high-profile events. PA State police assisted, but ultimately the failure to secure falls on the shoulders of the Feds. Trump spoke there at the airport in open air in 2020. They managed security then; unsure why the venue was not used again. Or just come to Pittsburgh. Plenty of suitable, experienced venues.

Butler was not a surprising choice for Trump to speak. It’s a small town in the declining rust belt waiting to be made great again. Now it a federal crime scene, and will be forever known as the place where former president Trump incredibly survived, but left a supporter dead and others injured. It is a stain on all of Western PA, and it didn’t have to happen.

jmo
do you think there was inadequate numbers of security? or ? I am truly curious, I thought there would be snipers on surrounding buildings but saw that the local police were in charge of that. I had seen Former VP Gore several years ago, it was indoor , we were screened to get in, not to park, and secured inside by guards outside and some inside, I did not feel there was a large amount considering how many people were in that room.....

It’s been reported by MSM he had ‘limited social media presence’ and a Discord account that wasn’t used much but other than that I haven’t seen anything about identified social media accounts belonging to him yet. I suspect as soon as that phone’s been analyzed, those will be identified.
I have been noticing a lack of social media in young adults these days, I think they are more leaning towards Tiktok and snapchat and others "disappearing" social media types.

A similar statement was made by a senior staffer in the office of a U.S. Democrat Senator, and she was fired immediately when the Senator was informed.

There have been quite a few on SM wishing the shooting had been a success then paying the price for violating their employers policies.

It's been speculated that he was somehow "radicalized". I don't know if that's accurate, but if so, he'd certainly need to be on some platform or another, yet I've not seen a single link to any account.

jmo

My opinion is that once they know the suspect the sm accounts are deleted to the public.

Jmo

I don't believe it was political or that he hated Trump, and he may very well have chosen Biden as his target.
Except that Trump was the bigger attraction.
And also the fact that Trump was rallying practically in TMC's backyard, and Biden wasn't. This very well could have been Biden had he been the one rallying in where Trump was. JMO

8 min ago

Moment of silence held for victims of shooting at Trump rally as RNC kicks off
From CNN's Antoinette Radford

As the Republican National Convention got underway, a moment of silence was held “to pray for the victims and their families,” of the shooting at Donald Trump’s rally on Saturday.

It was followed by a prayer from the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Archbishop Elpidophoros.

Part of a live feed, some items posted a few hours ago:

"More than 20 guns are registered to Trump rally shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks’ father, according to records reviewed by law enforcement officials, a source told CNN. All of the registered weapons were purchased legally, the law enforcement officials said.

When investigators searched the shooter’s body, they found a transmitter, one source said.

A search of the shooter’s car revealed a receiver with wires going into a metal box that contained possible explosives in the trunk of his Hyundai Sudan found parked on the Butler Farm Show Grounds."

Has anyone been able to find his SM that they can post here? I haven't been able to.

My opinion is that once they know the suspect the sm accounts are deleted to the public.

Jmo

WS 101: Screenshot before it goes poof. Old school.

—-

ETA:

Wait, are you guys saying it was scrubbed befooore his name was released? I remember NYPost released his identity, before authorities did, right before the 1st PC. LE said they were not going to release it (yet) but by then it was already leaked widely.
Apologies as I haven’t been able to read everything.

ETA2: Or he didn’t have any FB, etc. to begin with.

Last edited:

Shooter's rooftop was law enforcement staging area:​

1 hr 3 min ago

Butler County police also fired a weapon at the Trump rally, source says

From CNN's John Miller

The Butler County Police Department Swat Team also fired a weapon on Saturday night at the Trump rally, a law enforcement source told CNN.

That was in addition to weapons fired by the Secret Service and the shooter himself.

Audio forensics previously suggested that as many as three weapons were fired.

Security is tight at the RNC

Nada Tawfik
Reporting from Milwaukee

We’ve had numerous briefings now about the safety plans for the Republican National Convention, which is under security precautions.

Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson said today he is confident in the city’s set-up after over a year of preparations. And the Director of the Secret Service Kimberly Cheatle has said in a statement that the security plans have been reviewed and strengthened since the shooting at a Trump rally over the weekend.

I can tell you that getting into the secure perimeter where the convention is being held requires a lot of planning and time.

Our team, like everyone else, had to go through a car screening that is protected by barriers. Dogs sniffed our entire vehicle and officers checked underneath the car, the engine bay, and the car’s boot for anything suspicious. We then drove through another layer of security before arriving at a secure parking garage. At 5 in the morning, this process is quite seamless. However, by 8 am, cars were backed up for blocks waiting to be screened.

The final step to enter the convention hall includes airport-style personal screening and scanners.

Part of a live feed, some items posted a few hours ago:

"More than 20 guns are registered to Trump rally shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks’ father, according to records reviewed by law enforcement officials, a source told CNN. All of the registered weapons were purchased legally, the law enforcement officials said.

When investigators searched the shooter’s body, they found a transmitter, one source said.

A search of the shooter’s car revealed a receiver with wires going into a metal box that contained possible explosives in the trunk of his Hyundai Sudan found parked on the Butler Farm Show Grounds."
Eesh. This could have been so much worse. Still tragic with the loss of the one victim, and it was heart wrenching to watch that video of his wife and daughter absolutely hysterical while they worked on him. But man, it’s just so sobering to think of the what ifs.

Shooter's rooftop was law enforcement staging area:​

This doesn’t make sense!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody