PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
someone earlier in the thread mentioned that hunting and going to the shooting range isn't at all unusual for that area. Coupled with him not having criminal or mental health alerts, i just don't really see how him buying the ammo would've necessarily been an obvious red flag, even if it was hours before the rally. maybe it depends on how much ammo that store usually sells and at what time, but a young guy getting ammo on a Saturday morning probably wasn't that odd. Hindsight 20/20 you know.
I wasn’t saying buying Ammon or a rifle is wrong or unusual. He was seen carrying a rifle on the grounds. Isn’t that unusual?

I wasn’t saying buying Ammon or a rifle is wrong or unusual. He was seen carrying a rifle on the grounds. Isn’t that unusual?
I would think that would stand out given the event, have there been any photos of this? I am curious I do know you can break a rifle down but he would have had to assemble it this can be done quickly even with little experience but curious as to how the rifle was transported.

do you think there was inadequate numbers of security? or ? I am truly curious, I thought there would be snipers on surrounding buildings but saw that the local police were in charge of that. I had seen Former VP Gore several years ago, it was indoor , we were screened to get in, not to park, and secured inside by guards outside and some inside, I did not feel there was a large amount considering how many people were in that room.....
I think there was an overly heavy reliance on a small rural police force, that doesn’t commonly deal with events involving high-profile public figures. Butler has maybe 20 uniformed officers. Compare that to Pittsburgh with around 850.

jmo

There will be a Congressional investigation starting Monday, July 22nd by the House of Representatives. I think we'll know more as the investigation gets underway. My own opinion is that it was a failure of communication between local LE and SS. But it is too early to say until the investigation is underway, so I understand your concern.
I’m glad it is being investigated. IMO it was a failure all the way around. And a husband and father of two was murdered.

It’s been reported by MSM he had ‘limited social media presence’ and a Discord account that wasn’t used much but other than that I haven’t seen anything about identified social media accounts belonging to him yet. I suspect as soon as that phone’s been analyzed, those will be identified.
Thank you. I'd heard the same and that it had been 6 or 9 months since he accessed Discord. If you don't have social media then there's not much to be scrubbed and/or shut down.

Man, I can’t even keep up with my on my own comments, lol.

So, I repeat then, maybe he was on 4Chan, dark web, and/or other hellish depths of the cyber universe, and as @Ontario Mom mentioned, it has been speculated he was radicalized somehow.
From what we know now, he doesn't seem "radicalized." If he was, nobody had a hint of it. Nobody.

I think he wanted to end in a bang (literally) and make a name for himself in death that he obviously didn't think he could do in life.

Seems like a smart kid and I'm not seeing any impediments in his life. I'm baffled why he would do this....but I'm not seeing "radicalized" as a motive. Not at this point, anyway, even though it seems like people really, really, really want this to be political.

jmo, subject to change as we learn more.

I think there was an overly heavy reliance on a small rural police force, that doesn’t commonly deal with events involving high-profile public figures. Butler has maybe 20 uniformed officers. Compare that to Pittsburgh with around 850.

jmo
yes that is the info I was curious about I think in this day and age, a larger security detail is needed, and relying on local officers, probably takes away from other areas that need coverage during an event. detail does need to be increased and a presence seen. thank you .

jmo
Well, you can’t fix stupid. The roof should have been secured, no matter how rural the police force.

I would think that would stand out given the event, have there been any photos of this? I am curious I do know you can break a rifle down but he would have had to assemble it this can be done quickly even with little experience but curious as to how the rifle was transported.
I agree. There were witnesses that gave that statement. I have bounced around articles yesterday and today. Would we need th ex picture to prove it? I’m asking because I don’t know. Thanks. I will be glad when more information in given.
For instance, i read on a major network news that there is a determination the gunman acted alone. My goodness, the investigation hasn’t even begun. They shouldn’t be saying that!

Has anyone been able to find his SM that they can post here? I haven't been able to.

My opinion is that once they know the suspect the sm accounts are deleted to the public.

Jmo

I think so too, in cases such as this.

WS 101: Screenshot before it goes poof. Old school.

—-

ETA:

Wait, are you guys saying it was scrubbed befooore his name was released? I remember NYPost released his identity, before authorities did, right before the 1st PC. LE said they were not going to release it (yet) but by then it was already leaked widely.
Apologies as I haven’t been able to read everything.

ETA2: Or he didn’t have any FB, etc. to begin with.

Not scrubbed, it appears to not have existed in the first place. The FBI said during an earlier statement that they hadn’t found anything to that effect.

So he didn’t have social media, or he deleted his social media beforehand.

Thanks, I had added ETA2, took me a minute, sorry head is spinning all over the place.

Thank you for clarifying this.

So, I repeat then, maybe he was on 4Chan, dark web, and/or other hellish depths of the cyber universe, and as @Ontario Mom mentioned, it has been speculated he was radicalized somehow.

Brief addition:

And/or burner SM accounts (that’s what I use when I have to), which, if he used devices to access that LE has been able to find/access, may have information.

If the accounts have been identified and deleted, data may be salvageable based on various factors.

If he truly didn’t want any of his SM, etc. activity to be found, he could have used burner devices, alternate internet, burner accounts (like I do), trashed the devices…

Of course LE will be tracing every single thing he’s been doing, everywhere he was going leading up to this…say hypothetically cafe to use internet.

I agree with @Ontario Mom in the radicalization aspect and potential for online activity. Maybe we just don’t know about it yet, and LE is of course still investigating all this, etc.

* Noting Discord

I know what the FBI has said, but I believe he most certainly did have social media in one form or another.
It could have been some of the lesser known/used than TikTok, YT or Twitter/X such as stuff like Brighteon, Rumble, etc. We do know he was at least familiar with Matt Carriker's Demolition Ranch YT channel & merch (since he was wearing one of their shirts, unless we're going to presume he just picked it up randomly at a thrift shop somewhere), so it seems a bit unrealstic to believe he had zero social media. There's a ton of platforms these days so it could have also been some of the creepier stuff as you mention.

Possibly scrubbed it himself before he murdered an innocent man and wounded others in his attempted assassination of Trump. Or, possibly nuked off public access by LE as soon as they knew who he was.

jmo

I know I'm late and this has likely been shared many times but this video (starting at 1:19) floors me...

jmo

ETA: Really makes me want to head into the future kicking and screaming.
At 1:53 in this video you can see a door and then just how short that roof is over the door. It appears there is a box or something near that door that I wonder if the shooter could have climbed on and then got up on the shorter building/area just below where we see him in the video and then he could climb up to the area he was in this video.

I know what the FBI has said, but I believe he most certainly did have social media in one form or another.
It could have been some of the lesser known/used than TikTok, YT or Twitter/X such as stuff like Brighteon, Rumble, etc. We do know he was at least familiar with Matt Carriker's Demolition Ranch YT channel & merch (since he was wearing one of their shirts, unless we're going to presume he just picked it up randomly at a thrift shop somewhere), so it seems a bit unrealstic to believe he had zero social media. There's a ton of platforms these days so it could have also been some of the creepier stuff as you mention.

Possibly scrubbed it himself before he murdered an innocent man and wounded others in his attempted assassination of Trump. Or, possibly nuked off public access by LE as soon as they knew who he was.

jmo

Agree, and good supporting comment re:the T-shirt.

I posted some quick thoughts also above your post on this.

Thanks for that much better picture of the ladder! I thought one was back there like that as I couldn't see one when dinking around with Google Maps (their images taken 11/23) .
That DM photo is from Sunday. I don't doubt dozens of ladders appeared minutes post shooting when agencies were crawling all over the grounds and building roofs investigating and collecting evidence! More reports here confirm there was no ladder prior to shots fired.

Last edited:
It could have been some of the lesser known/used than TikTok, YT or Twitter/X such as stuff like Brighteon, Rumble, etc. We do know he was at least familiar with Matt Carriker's Demolition Ranch YT channel & merch (since he was wearing one of their shirts, unless we're going to presume he just picked it up randomly at a thrift shop somewhere), so it seems a bit unrealstic to believe he had zero social media.

RSBM.

Good point about the shirt. Perhaps he was a consumer of social media (read, watched) and didn't really post or comment online.

MOO.

Well, you can’t fix stupid. The roof should have been secured, no matter how rural the police force.
No, you can’t fix stupid and a man is now dead. Secret Service says it was the duty of the local police force. Were the police force given adequate training and resources? Should SS even rely on locals unless it’s clear they can handle the task?

The finger-pointing will go on ad nauseum.
The failure needs understood and fixed for the future.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome
Back