PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

7/15/24

Federal investigators said the gunman was not carrying identification, so they analyzed his DNA to provide a biometric confirmation of his identity.

[..]

Federal investigators said the gunman was not carrying identification, so they analyzed his DNA to provide a biometric confirmation of his identity.
[..]

Former classmate Jameson Myers, a member of the school's varsity rifle team, told CBS News that Crooks had tried out for the team freshman year but did not make the junior varsity roster and did not return to try out for the team in subsequent years.
[..]

He called Crooks a "nice kid who never talked poorly of anyone," and he said, "I never have thought him capable of anything I've seen him do in the last few days."

Fellow classmate Summer Barkley told CBS Pittsburgh reporter Megan Schiller that although Crooks wasn't popular, he still had a group of friends and was a good student beloved by teachers. She said she didn't see any red flags that would lead her to believe he would do something like this.

Mark Sigafoos, who graduated with Crooks and sat near him in class, told CBS News that while it was possible Crooks was bullied in school, he never personally saw it happen.

Sigafoos described him as smart, friendly and frequently engaged during class, "definitely nerdy for sure," but said he "never gave off that he was creepy or like a school shooter."

"He seemed like he wouldn't hurt a fly," he said.

Another classmate, Jason Koehler, had a somewhat different view, telling Schiller that Crooks was a loner who was bullied relentlessly for his appearance and wore camo/hunting outfits in class. He said Crooks would often sit in the cafeteria alone before class. He also said Crooks was very COVID-conscious and wore a surgical mask long after they were required.

[..]

Crooks also had a membership at a nearby gun club for at least a year. Bill Sellitto, the president of the Clairton Sportsmen's Club in Clairton, Pennsylvania, told CBS News that Crooks was a member.

Now it's being said his Dad called police after the shooting and said his son & AR Rifle were missing. Maybe they obtained a DNA sample from his family. But I'll bet once Dad called, they pulled up his name, photo and fingerprints through the DMV record. Then shortly after found his vehicle nearby.

Guess if it involves national security they can obtain DNA results within hours?

What's strange is it normal after a shooting on TV to look for your AR-15 and son?
I am not sure I even know what "normal" behavior is anymore.

Not that we expect people to behave correctly after being shot at, but it seemed to me that Trump should have got down sooner. And stayed down. After all, they didn't know if there were other shooters in the area.

It was perplexing to me. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

MOO, based on viewing the videos.
He got down super quickly IMO. In fact I don't really know how he could have gone down quicker. And it was the SS who were tasked with getting him out of the venue after this tragic incident. They were in charge at that point of determining the all clear and go point.
Everyone see's things differently but I thought his reassurance to the crowd was a huge moment of strength for them and the audiences watching the broadcast. <modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
A wise decision.

RFK Jr. will receive Secret Service protection, Homeland Security secretary says​

From CNN's Rashard Rose
Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., will receive US Secret Service protection at President Joe Biden’s direction, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced Monday.
“In light of this weekend’s events, the president has directed me to work with the Secret Service to provide protection to Robert Kennedy, Jr.,” Mayorkas said at a White House news briefing.
Kennedy thanked Biden for the decision, as well as the private security firm that he has hired for personal protection and to secure campaign events, in a post on X.
Former President Donald Trump had called for Kennedy to receive Secret Service protection in the aftermath of Saturday’s assassination attempt.
“In light of what is going on in the world today, I believe it is imperative that Robert F. Kennedy Jr. receive Secret Service protection — immediately. Given the history of the Kennedy Family, this is the obvious right thing to do!” Trump posted on Truth Social.
Kennedy’s uncle, President John F. Kennedy, and father, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, were both assassinated.

Not that we expect people to behave correctly after being shot at, but it seemed to me that Trump should have got down sooner. And stayed down. After all, they didn't know if there were other shooters in the area.

It was perplexing to me. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

MOO, based on viewing the videos.
There was a timeline posted with time stamps of when things happened and of SS agents comments that were heard on the open mic. Before they stood President Trump up they had confirmation that the shooter was dead and that the counter sniper team was in place. I don't think Trump had any idea exactly what happened when he stood up. <modsnip: quoted post was snipped> He looked confused to me and was likely in a bit of shock. The crowd was staring at him to see if he was okay. He raised his hand up to show them he was good and I see it as him giving reassurance to the crowd that gathered to hear him speak that he was in fact okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this interesting. I’m not sure most people’s minds would go there, unless they believed their son was capable of such a thing.
I guess one has to know the full context. For example, what time did he call LE? If he phoned 30 mins after shooting -- I'd say yeah but if he called at midnight because TC was overdue and not answering his phone-- not so much. JMO

I find this interesting. I’m not sure most people’s minds would go there, unless they believed their son was capable of such a thing.
That was my first thought too.. like wow did dad suspect something??

But then when it further said he asked to use the gun to go to the shooting range and that was not uncommon... It makes more sense. Dad knew he had his gun and was at the range. So if he didn't return from the range in a reasonable amount of time, maybe dad was already worried about where he was. If he tried calling and didn't reach him and then he hears about this shooting at the rally.. I'd say maybe calling again and still not reaching him might alarm him enough to call police. If dad had no idea his son was using the gun at the range that day, I agree that is quick to call and say your son and gun are missing.

Also, what time does the range close? Did he call the range to see if his son was there? Did they maybe say they haven't seen him today. Dad then is really alarmed because the son and his gun are not where they were supposed to be and they aren't home yet.

Is
Before shooting, Crooks told his dad he was going to gun range: On the day of the shooting, the 20-year-old suspected gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks, told his father that he wanted to go to the gun range, so his dad let him use his AR-15-style rifle, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Crooks would occasionally go target shooting and use his father's gun, the source told ABC News. Since this wasn't an unusual occurrence, the father didn't think anything of it at the time, the source said.

Is it legal to bring someone else's gun?

Hi, just now finished eta-ing post several pages back, sorry slow, so wanted to bump edited version with question for speedracers who may have missed my question, thank you.

What is the referenced “progressive cause” he donated to in 2021?

Tia.

Qmfr/post/source for reference:

Interesting/Pondering, BBM:

“Investigators were scouring his online presence and working to gain access to his phone, but so far had not found indications of strongly held political beliefs. In fact, the clues he left behind were confusing: He was a registered Republican but had also donated to a progressive cause in 2021; his parents were registered as a Democrat and Libertarian.”

—-

Quick possible thoughts off the top of my head:

1. RINO/Lincoln Project-ish

2. Changes (or waffles)—
Eh, don’t like this one too much because an assassination attempt seems extreme for one who is waffling, unless when they waiver, they really waiver, for whatever potential reasons

3. Had another thought but forgot it

More possible thoughts on the way maybe

—-

ETA:

What is the referenced “progressive cause” he donated to in 2021?

ETA2: I like this “problem” so to speak,” - How is this logically possible…”no indications that he held strong political beliefs when you attempt to assassinate a Former/Potentially future President.

Last edited:
The F.B.I. said it had gained access to the would-be assassin’s phone, but it was not immediately clear if it had yielded clues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back