PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My question is how did he get the weapon through the metal detectors used by security to those events?
my train of thought is he was on a property next to the event, not going through security at the event, several yards away, which is why I am questioning the people saying they saw him walking around the event with a rifle. I have not been able to get any clarification though.

I don't feel it's appropriate to comment on potential charges against his parents at this time. There is no evidence so far to suggest they were anything but shocked at what he did. In addition, it appears his Dad called LE per the tweet below. IMO, they are going through enough & unless new information is revealed to the contrary - they are victims of his horrific actions too.

As I said, I don’t think the parents should face charges. I was merely replying to the line of thought and bringing up a previous case where parents were found liable.

I will say there is precedent, for such a thing. The Michigan school shooter’s parents were convicted and are facing jail time. But not sure that they’ll find any evidence in this case to support any charges against the parents. (Nor do I believe they should face charges unless guilty of gross negligence to act).

eTA link to case

What about Robert Crimo's father?

RC is a 4th July Parade shooter in Highland Park.

And his father was charged for facilitating to obtain a weapon.
RC was 21.

my train of thought is he was on a property next to the event, not going through security at the event, several yards away, which is why I am questioning the people saying they saw him walking around the event with a rifle. I have not been able to get any clarification though.

That would appear to be some type of security failing not to cover those types of areas.

WOW! If this is true then I don't know what to say. :(

They could have delayed Trump coming out until they cleared this building again. They could have went on this roof immediately to see what was going on. I can't think of a single reason why a photo is taken at 5:45 because an officer is concerned about something and then nothing is done until nearly 30 minutes later??

He also cleared up a mystery about his shoes. On the video of the shooting and aftermath, as the burly agents tried to rush him off the stage for safety, he can be heard saying, “Wait, I want to get my shoes.”

As he explained in the interview, “The agents hit me so hard that my shoes fell off, and my shoes are tight,” he said with a smile.
Don’t know that this is comparable to being tackled by several men but it reminded me of when my older brother was involved in an auto accident years ago.

Can’t remember if he was driving his buddy’s VW bug or was the front seat passenger but they were hit near head on by another vehicle. Luckily no major injuries but the Bug was totaled.
It didn’t roll or flip over,but when they came to a stop my brother was sitting upright in the back seat and his lace up sneakers were still sitting on the front floorboard! He said they were a pretty snug fit.

For years we marveled at the deal with his shoes.

Last edited:
Secret Service protection increased for Trump, adjusted for Biden / source

“The enhancement is "based on the evolving nature of threats to the former president and his imminent shift from presumptive nominee to nominee," Mayorkas said. "This includes enhancements related to securing the former president during the Republican National Convention this week. I cannot discuss specifics ... as they involve sensitive tactics and procedures. I can say, however, that personnel and other protective resources, technology and capabilities have been added."

"Adjustments" have also been made to President Joe Biden's and Vice President Kamala Harris' protective details, Mayorkas said.“

Not that we expect people to behave correctly after being shot at, but it seemed to me that Trump should have got down sooner. And stayed down. After all, they didn't know if there were other shooters in the area.

It was perplexing to me. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

MOO, based on viewing the videos.
It looked to me like he got down as soon as he realized he had been shot at. He was down before the SS reached him. Pretty fast IMO for someone who probably has never heard a bullet buzzing by his head.

My question is how did he get the weapon through the metal detectors used by security to those events?
Several rallygoers reported to local officers that Crooks was acting suspiciously and pacing near the magnetometers, according to a law enforcement official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the investigation. Officers were then told Crooks was climbing a ladder, the official said. Officers searched for him but were unable to find him before he made it to the roof, the official added.

It's my impression he never entered the event? The building he accessed was on the perimeter - as the SS keeps saying. Did he carry the gun in a backpack unassembled? When he was observed above, is this when LE took a picture of him and reported it? So many missed opportunities to save Corey Comperatore's life!!!

The mood inside the Lower Burrell American Legion post changed in a heartbeat Sunday morning.

That’s when word reached them that one of their own, Marine veteran David Dutch, 57, had been seriously injured at the Trump rally Saturday in Butler County, where the former president and Republican nominee survived an assassination attempt that left one spectator dead and two injured.

“It went from a happy place to a somber place,” Roger Milliron Jr. of Lower Burrell said Monday afternoon at the Post 868 bar.

“Everybody stopped talking. It went quiet. Everybody started praying.”

Dutch serves as commandant of the Westmoreland Detachment 1416 of the Marine Corps League.

“Our immediate support continues for David and his family as he continues his recovery from this attack,” Warren Griffin, national commandant of the Marine Corps League, said in a statement Monday. “We offer solace for David and his family along with eternal thoughts and prayers for all the victims of this tragedy.”

Matt Popovich, a vice commandant for the league’s District 8, said Dutch had been shot in the liver and chest and had been put in a medically induced coma.

Milliron said he was told that Dutch was stable after undergoing a second surgery and had been taken out of the coma at Allegheny General Hospital.

State police had no update on his condition Monday.

Several rallygoers reported to local officers that Crooks was acting suspiciously and pacing near the magnetometers, according to a law enforcement official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the investigation. Officers were then told Crooks was climbing a ladder, the official said. Officers searched for him but were unable to find him before he made it to the roof, the official added.

It's my impression he never entered the event? The building he accessed was on the perimeter - as the SS keeps saying. Did he carry the gun in a backpack unassembled? When he was observed above, is this when LE took a picture of him and reported it? So many missed opportunities!!!
Guess we have to wait until that information is released.

The mood inside the Lower Burrell American Legion post changed in a heartbeat Sunday morning.

That’s when word reached them that one of their own, Marine veteran David Dutch, 57, had been seriously injured at the Trump rally Saturday in Butler County, where the former president and Republican nominee survived an assassination attempt that left one spectator dead and two injured.

“It went from a happy place to a somber place,” Roger Milliron Jr. of Lower Burrell said Monday afternoon at the Post 868 bar.

“Everybody stopped talking. It went quiet. Everybody started praying.”

Dutch serves as commandant of the Westmoreland Detachment 1416 of the Marine Corps League.

“Our immediate support continues for David and his family as he continues his recovery from this attack,” Warren Griffin, national commandant of the Marine Corps League, said in a statement Monday. “We offer solace for David and his family along with eternal thoughts and prayers for all the victims of this tragedy.”

Matt Popovich, a vice commandant for the league’s District 8, said Dutch had been shot in the liver and chest and had been put in a medically induced coma.

Milliron said he was told that Dutch was stable after undergoing a second surgery and had been taken out of the coma at Allegheny General Hospital.

State police had no update on his condition Monday.

I hope he makes it. This is awful! Very sick people in this world!

I find this interesting. I’m not sure most people’s minds would go there, unless they believed their son was capable of such a thing.
There was talk early on about the shooter wearing a gray Demolitia tee-shirt, followed by a CCTV image prior to him climbing the rooftop. There were also other images..........

His dad may have noticed the same info.

I first noticed the talk at what would have been 10 pm EDT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back