PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could he have been in that building prior to going to the roof?
I think not recent report says local police were inside. I am just trying to figure out if he had the gun assembled or not. Not that it would necessarily draw attention it seems. I am also trying to connect and confirm witness statements.

Seems whoever mentioned this turning into another case like the Vegas shooter (I think Massguy?) was correct. I don’t think they’ve discovered motive to this day.
Nope, which is why they were never able to classify it as terrorism.

I can’t imagine this guy was as sophisticated as Paddock was though. These younger guys, even if they’re smart, always seem to leave an extensive trail. Perhaps this one will be smaller, but I’ve got to believe it’s somewhere.

Last edited:
Sorry if repost, can’t keep up

eta
Holy moly on this video
Ok that helps me. So I feel people saying they saw him walking around the event were in like this overflow area. The would most likely hear trump but not see him. So no security screen in this area. I am sure le snipers were keeping tabs on all rooftops near by. So he laid low probably no real on ground security here. And I do feel he was taken down quickly preventing much more damage. My opinions.

The fact that the building was being used as a staging area may explain why they didnt shoot TC on sight.

The may have thought he was LE

As I previously posted,
LE or Military snipers don't work alone
(according to procedures)
- not in my country and not in others.
But maybe in the US?

As a military expert said in my link upthread:
a single person with a weapon on the roof is a RED FLAG.

As I previously posted,
But maybe in the US?

They were inside staging I take to mean the communications hub which may be how they got there so quickly.

As I previously posted,
But maybe in the US?

None of any of this is making sense.

The fact that the building was being used as a staging area may explain why they didnt shoot TC on sight.

The may have thought he was LE
Wouldn't there have been some kind a marking on their clothing or uniform that would indicate the person is a real LE officer rather than someone impersonating as a LE officer at the rally?

Three snipers were stationed inside building used in Trump assassination attempt​

There were three snipers stationed inside the building the shooter used during Saturday's shooting of former President Donald Trump, a local law enforcement officer with direct knowledge of the incident tells CBS News.
The operations plan had them stationed inside the building looking out windows toward the Trump rally. The information about the three snipers being inside the building was first reported by BeaverCountian.com.
One of the snipers inside saw Thomas Matthew Crooks outside and looking up at the roof, observing the building and disappearing, a local law enforcement officer tells CBS News.

Crooks came back, sat down and looked at his phone. At that point, one of the snipers took a picture of him. Crooks took out a rangefinder and the sniper radioed to the command post. Crooks disappeared again and then came back a third time with a backpack. The snipers called in with information that he had a backpack and said he was walking towards the back of the building.

Officers believe that Crooks might have used an air conditioning unit to get on top of the roof.
By the time other officers came for backup, he had climbed on top of the building and was positioned above and behind the snipers inside the building, the officer said.

Two other officers who heard the sniper's call tried to get onto the roof. State police started rushing to the scene, but by that time, a Secret Service sniper had already killed Crooks, the officer said, adding that Crooks had an improvised explosive device in his pocket, in addition to explosive materials in his car.

Three snipers were stationed inside building used in Trump assassination attempt​

There were three snipers stationed inside the building the shooter used during Saturday's shooting of former President Donald Trump, a local law enforcement officer with direct knowledge of the incident tells CBS News.
The operations plan had them stationed inside the building looking out windows toward the Trump rally. The information about the three snipers being inside the building was first reported by BeaverCountian.com.
One of the snipers inside saw Thomas Matthew Crooks outside and looking up at the roof, observing the building and disappearing, a local law enforcement officer tells CBS News.

Crooks came back, sat down and looked at his phone. At that point, one of the snipers took a picture of him. Crooks took out a rangefinder and the sniper radioed to the command post. Crooks disappeared again and then came back a third time with a backpack. The snipers called in with information that he had a backpack and said he was walking towards the back of the building.

Officers believe that Crooks might have used an air conditioning unit to get on top of the roof.
By the time other officers came for backup, he had climbed on top of the building and was positioned above and behind the snipers inside the building, the officer said.

Two other officers who heard the sniper's call tried to get onto the roof. State police started rushing to the scene, but by that time, a Secret Service sniper had already killed Crooks, the officer said, adding that Crooks had an improvised explosive device in his pocket, in addition to explosive materials in his car.

This just gets worse !

I would like to know the timing of when these snipers first saw Crooks. And, then following that thought, Trump was delayed in coming to the venue. He was an hour late. Why, didn't these snipers help coordinate holding Trump from taking the stage, until it was all clear? Again, complete failure on so many.

One of the men fighting for his life following the assassination attempt on former president Donald Trump has been pictured.

James Copenhaver, 74, was critically wounded at the Pennsylvania
rally on Saturday but is in stable condition at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh.

Some nice photos at the link.

Prayers for swift healing for this man, and the other victim as well !

This is interesting. MSNBC was afraid that their hosts would be "inappropriate". I wonder when, or if they will be allowed back on...

Critical assessment of a presidential candidate is to be expected . Probably a few days just to let things calm. Otherwise it's not really fair coverage in my opinion.

Yes Homeland Security is the oversight agency for the secret service. It would be interesting to understand how they interpret the law.

What I would like to see, is the Trump plan compared to the plan and number of agents in service for Jill Bidens event and a separate campaign event for Kamala Harris, in Pennsylvania on the same day.

Moo
It is also possible that they just did not consider that location to be particularly dangerous- expected a "friendly" crowd for this candidate, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back