PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crooks came back, sat down and looked at his phone. At that point, one of the snipers took a picture of him. Crooks took out a rangefinder and the sniper radioed to the command post. Crooks disappeared again and then came back a third time with a backpack. The snipers called in with information that he had a backpack and said he was walking towards the back of the building.

Officers believe that Crooks might have used an air conditioning unit to get on top of the roof.
By the time other officers came for backup, he had climbed on top of the building and was positioned above and behind the snipers inside the building, the officer said.
^^rsbm

This seems to confirm my earlier thought that TC had his own staging area where he stashed the gun, backpack, phone, etc. We've yet to hear that authorities located the ladder and ammo that TC purchased on Sunday morning, and the backpack too.

What is a rangefinder and what would TC be doing with this when observed by snipers?

^^rsbm

This seems to confirm my earlier thought that TC had his own staging area where he stashed the gun, backpack, phone, etc. We've yet to hear that authorities located the ladder and ammo that TC purchased on Sunday morning, and the backpack too.

What is a rangefinder and what would TC be doing with this when observed by snipers?
A rangefinder gives you the distance between where you are and where your target is. They're commonly used by hunters.

Gregg McCrary, a former FBI profiler who spent more than 25 years with the bureau, first as a field agent and then in the behavioral science unit, said the lack of information about Crooks, 20, poses a challenge for law enforcement.

“This guy is one of these almost invisible people that are out there,” he said. “They’re not on social media. They’re not screaming or yelling about this or that. They’re ruminating about it internally — whatever it might be. And they just decide to do this, which scares the hell out of all of us in law enforcement.”

“Some people say it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack,” he added. “That’s not really it. A better way to think about it is to try and predict which piece of hay is going to become a needle.”

This just gets worse !

I would like to know the timing of when these snipers first saw Crooks. And, then following that thought, Trump was delayed in coming to the venue. He was an hour late. Why, didn't these snipers help coordinate holding Trump from taking the stage, until it was all clear? Again, complete failure on so many.
Given the officers who heard the call by the snipers and came to the building-- only to find TC was already shot/deceased, I'd say the timing of the call was soon after Trump took the stage. I believe Trump was 8 minutes into his presentation when the first shot was fired.

Also, I was not aware that Trump was an hour late. It follows that TC was still on the ground and visible to the snipers at least two different times (i.e., viewing his phone, then with backpack and rangefinder) and not on the roof for an hour plus in the heat, waiting for Trump! JMO

Gregg McCrary, a former FBI profiler who spent more than 25 years with the bureau, first as a field agent and then in the behavioral science unit, said the lack of information about Crooks, 20, poses a challenge for law enforcement.

“This guy is one of these almost invisible people that are out there,” he said. “They’re not on social media. They’re not screaming or yelling about this or that. They’re ruminating about it internally — whatever it might be. And they just decide to do this, which scares the hell out of all of us in law enforcement.”

“Some people say it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack,” he added. “That’s not really it. A better way to think about it is to try and predict which piece of hay is going to become a needle.”

And then add TC's own parents telling authorities their son did not appear to have any friends, and that he didn't share his political views with them, and you have a really big heap of hay that may never become a needle!

I think the most relevant info I've heard thus far was from the female classmate being interviewed and who shared an honors history class with him where TC chose the assassination of JFK as one of his projects.

Good point. If it was about politics he wouldn’t be killing one and donating to the other.
I'm thinking too much has been made of a single, $15 designated contribution to ACTBlue when he was still age 17. IIRC, this was designated for the development of app to track voters. We know TC was said a savant about tech and computers and perhaps he was simply supporting a project that interested him and that he wanted to see developed. JMO

And then add TC's own parents telling authorities their son did not appear to have any friends, and that he didn't share his political views with them, and you have a really big heap of hay that may never become a needle!

I think the most relevant info I've heard thus far was from the female classmate being interviewed and who shared an honors history class with him where TC chose the assassination of JFK as one of his projects.
I haven’t seen that, can you share a link regarding what his parents said?

I'm thinking too much has been made of a single, $15 designated contribution to ACTBlue when he was still age 17. IIRC, this was designated for the development of app to track voters. We know TC was said a savant about tech and computers and perhaps he was simply supporting a project that interested him and that he wanted to see developed. JMO
It was $15 and doesn't mean anything. But the app has been around around since 2004. It's an app that streamlines donations. He used AB to donate to a particular group. However $15 is nothing. He likely saw an ad online and it interested him on that day and clicked on it. No different than donating $15 for whatever....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member