PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
to clarify... not making excuses just trying to understand motivation, a mentally stable person with a good support system can usually maneuver through life and make the right choices. An unstable person may not be as skilled at "living". Does being bullied justify murder? I don't think so , but I think it can contribute to the mindset that brings someone to that point. Ultimately there is a difference between right and wrong. It is not black and white, trying to understand what may lead someone to making such dire choices is not looking to excuse them. We can learn from things if we try to and maybe prevent something so awful from repeating.

I haven’t read through the post yet but according to this FBI interviewed the local officer who attempted to get on the roof.

The shooter was definitely raised in a gun culture, if not in his country and state, for sure in his home. More than 20 guns were registered to his father. I mean is this normal? I grew up on a farm in an isolated area in Canada and our home had one gun (in the basement with ammunition upstairs). It was a single shot .22 rifle my Dad used to shoot coyotes wanting to raid the henhouse.
For some folks, yes, it's perfectly normal & perfectly safe.

The shooter was definitely raised in a gun culture, if not in his country and state, for sure in his home. More than 20 guns were registered to his father. I mean is this normal? I grew up on a farm in an isolated area in Canada and our home had one gun (in the basement with ammunition upstairs). It was a single shot .22 rifle my Dad used to shoot coyotes wanting to raid the henhouse.

Well, there is a difference between “having a gun” and “practicing gun safety.” There are gun safety training courses, btw. To me, all spontaneous discharges that happen around indicate that people don’t adhere to minimal safety rules.

How does the Director of Secret Service remain in position, after all that has been revealed? We know so much, and yet not everything. " The buck stops here" indeed. Outrageous neglect and deadly outcomes. Epic failure.
I am stunned.
Imo there were swaths of responsibility. Ie local police in charge of outlying areas, ss in charge of inner areas. As I said earlier, I believe the organizers of the political rally had the responsibility to protect their candidate with bullet proof panels, sides and back. Instead of having a 360 deg exposure to harm, trump wwould have been exposed only from the front. Some of those assault rifles have effective range of 350+ m, an assailant could be anywhere, several properties away. But my point is that it's not just the taxpayers' responsibility to pay for protection of candidates at wide open political events.

Does his propensity to wear a covid mask lead you anywhere?
I don't know why he wore a mask and it could very well be he was sick and/or he was concerned about someone in his family getting sick.

But, if we set that aside, it is curious why he would continue wearing a mask after they were required. Was it a quiet way of being defiant? Did he like behaving in ways that the people around him didn't like? Did he wear the mask as it put some distance between himself and others, sort of an excuse to be quiet?

The mask is an odd detail, imo, and I've always thought the most interesting bits of any situation or story are in the details.

jmo

a psychotic break could have started it weeks ago, however I do not think he is the regular age for such a break that would be more late 20's I think. I do think a mental illness undiagnosed could be a catalyst.

I think it is some genetic condition; in five years, we’ll know more about them. But, at the time of murders, “depressed and hopeless.” It is interesting that a person described as kind by those who knew him decided to kill others first, but that could be a spontaneous decision. Planning suicide by cops, for example, and here is an event that fits to an T; ended up being killed by the SS.

How does the Director of Secret Service remain in position, after all that has been revealed? We know so much, and yet not everything. " The buck stops here" indeed. Outrageous neglect and deadly outcomes. Epic failure.
I am stunned.

She shouldn’t jmo she worked for biden when he was vp.

“Jill and I know firsthand Kim’s commitment to her job and to the Secret Service’s people and mission. When Kim served on my security detail when I was Vice President, we came to trust her judgment and counsel,” Biden wrote in the statement. “She is a distinguished law enforcement professional with exceptional leadership skills, and was easily the best choice to lead the agency at a critical moment for the Secret Service. She has my complete trust, and I look forward to working with her.”

Again, who said it was an excuse? It's a known fact that that has been a reason why some school killers have killed people before. Bullying. Nobody has said it's right or something anybody should do.
Right. I'd like to assume everyone here on WS understands discussions are not excuses and nobody here justifies any violence. Brainstorming ideas and theories is NOT looking for justification.

jmo

I am stunned.
So far, nobody takes responsibility, resigns or is fired. Director reports to Myorkas and potus only, correct?

Jack Black did not say it. Kyle Gass did, and Jack Black canceled the tour because of it

And the guy who made the remark apologized.

Earlier we read no ladder was involved, and now CNN is reporting he purchased one at HD that morning…

CNN —
In the 48 hours before he opened fire on former President Donald Trump, 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks made a series of stops in and around his suburban Pittsburgh hometown.

On Friday, he went to a shooting range where he was a member, and practiced firing, a law enforcement official told CNN. The next morning, Crooks went to a Home Depot, where he bought a five-foot ladder, and a gun store, where he purchased 50 rounds of ammunition, the official said.

Most people probably assumed he worked there if he had a ladder in tow. Brazen.

I don't know why he wore a mask and it could very well be he was sick and/or he was concerned about someone in his family getting sick.

But, if we set that aside, it is curious why he would continue wearing a mask after they were required. Was it a quiet way of being defiant? Did he like behaving in ways that the people around him didn't like? Did he wear the mask as it put some distance between himself and others, sort of an excuse to be quiet?

The mask is an odd detail, imo, and I've always thought the most interesting bits of any situation or story are in the details.

jmo
Well, he worked at a nursing home, although I've heard as a cook, or an aide. Maybe they still require masks. I'm nowhere near PA, but I have one with me for use in taxis, crowds, etc. I can see it can provide a welcome anonymity to someone asocial.

jmo
That is an interesting question. We can all probably think of different circumstances. I know someone who is still extremely worried about getting Covid, and they get as many items delivered as possible, but when they do have to venture out they still wear one of the N95 masks. This is in part of the country where people probably didn't even wear masks during the height of Covid. My friend has actually seen rude signs that say things like "Wearing a mask? We don't want your business." So yes, there could be some sort of defiance going on, or a statement being made.

Last edited:

-One sniper inside spotted the gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks, outside and looking up at the roof, observing the building and disappearing, according to the officer who spoke to CBS News. The sniper observed Crooks as he returned to the building, sat down and looked at his phone. At that point, one of the local snipers took a picture of Crooks.

Next, the local sniper observed Crooks looking through a rangefinder, an instrument routinely used by marksmen to determine the distance of a target, and he immediately radioed to the command post, according to the local law enforcement officer. The local sniper also attempted to send the photo of the gunman up the chain of command.

The command post, according to multiple law enforcement officials, served as a central hub to streamline communications between U.S. Secret Service and the local officers from nearby state and county police forces. It is unclear if the command post received the alert.

Officials then lost track of Crooks, who disappeared, but soon returned for a third time with a backpack. The local sniper team called for backup — alerting the command post that the gunman had a backpack and was walking toward the back of the building.

By the time other local officers responded to the backup request, the gunman had scaled the building, positioning himself above and behind the local snipers inside the building, according to the officer.

Two other municipal police officers who heard the call for back-up attempted to climb onto the roof. Butler County Sheriff Michael Sloupe told CBS Pittsburgh station KDKA that an armed municipal officer with Butler Township was hoisted by another officer onto the roof of the building where the gunman had taken a position. Crooks focused his rifle towards the officer who ultimately let go, falling off the roof. Moments later, the shooter began firing into the crowd.

That is an interesting question. However, we can all probably think of different circumstances. I know someone who is still extremely worried about getting Covid, and they get as many items delivered as possible, but when they do have to venture out they still wear one of the N95 masks. This is in part of the country where people probably didn't even wear masks during the height of Covid. My friend has actually seen rude signs that say things like "Wearing a mask? We don't want your business." So yes, there could be some sort of defiance going on, or a statement being made.
That's incredible. The part about signs that say they don't want business from ppl wearing masks. Sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back