PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle said in a television interview Tuesday morning that part of the reason the agency did not require a police officer to stand atop the roof of the Agr building was its slope. “That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point, and so there’s a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn’t want to put somebody up on a sloped roof,” she said. “So, you know, the decision was made to secure the building from inside.”

If I’m not mistaken the sniper who shot him was on a sloped roof.

The hearing with cheatle on 22nd should be interesting.

Yes, the sniper who shot him - or at least other snipers there - were on a sloped roof:

Secret Service director: ‘the buck stops with me’ after Trump rally shooting

Kimberely Cheatle tells ABC News assassination attempt on her watch was ‘unacceptable’

What ever the numerous failures at the event were, she still seems to be a real leader to clearly and unequivocally state that:

1.) She is ultimately responsible.
2.) What happened was unacceptable- period.

Hoping that if her head needs to roll, it rolls to another senior position somewhere- maybe in business, but not security management?

Chances are good that the numerous bad decisions that were made for rally were several levels below her and that she trusted "Dont worry boss, we have this- we do it all the time." type statements in briefings.

there may never be an understandable why, he could have just had some psychotic break, woke up and thought hey this is a good idea . The sum of all the little things in life that did not go right for him... Things that most people learn to accept , deal with or work through. Things that an average ( I hate that word but am at a loss for another) person would maybe hide under the covers and cry for an hour then get up and get on with things, just something he could not process like others.

Maybe nail on head

“ The sum of all the little things in life that did not go right for him... ”

He was dedicated beyond belief, and I say this as a former hunter. Like running an obstacle course then immediately shooting someone so far away.
It sounds like he was practicing, whether for the attempt or just in general.

One odd thing (well at least to me) is that he went back for a range finder. I dont think there would be bullet drop concerns at that range- but I could be wrong. What do you think?

If the range finder was not needed, it seems "James Bondish" and implies fantasy. But, that is contradicted by just how accurate he was. It just seems odd.

I’m not sure why msm said the guns were registered. According to the link below
PennsylvaniaFirearms registries are prohibited.
The link you quoted is just another level of registration required by 7 states, where you are required to Additionally register certain firearms with LE. imo

I believe them when they say the gun was registered.

Apparently, the director and her supporters don't understanding the meaning of "the buck stops here". It almost seems as if it's a game of "hot potato"... pass it around until everyone simply stops talking about it and it's all cool. JMO
Well, the decisions of the campaign are the campaign's only.

We definitely do not want a world where the secret service can tell candidates what to do.

And we don't have unlimited SS. It's not like an infinite pool of security staff that can provide protection for any venue under any circumstances.

I tend to imagine SS was really begging for a more secure venue, now that we know about the Iranian threat.

I personally can't figure out why there was not someone on that roof, if only to prevent people from sitting up there to view the rally and possibly falling off. So I'm not agreeing that there are not security issues to work on. But it seems to me premature to claim there was a failure, given how the SS does advance work. I highly doubt they advised Trump's campaign that this was a secure venue, given that it was surrounded by unsecurable private properties.

But ultimately, the campaign chose an outdoor venue with full knowledge of the security resources. While there was an international assassin threat. But maybe they thought the threat was mitigated at the airport of on highways. Maybe they thought this was a perfect voter area. Maybe they wanted to be able to reach people who did not attend the rally proper, but still could watch and become motivated voters from the areas outside the perimeter. No person and no campaign can live entirely in bubble wrap.

My heart does break, though, for the man who lost his life, the seriously injured, and for the trauma of so many. People didn't have to have been in PA to have been harmed by this event. It see it in some posts; people are sincerely traumatized by the fact that Trump was grazed by a bullet, it could have been much worse, and that it seems like he wasn't adequately protected. I feel a lot of hurt Americans on this thread.

Violence has consequences. Even websleuthers felt those bullets.

MOO

<modsnip - quoted post was sleuthing the parents, who are victims>

A neighbor in Bethel Park, the Pittsburgh suburb where Crooks lived, said they saw pro-Trump signs in the family's yard as recently as a few months ago.

"There absolutely was MAGA-supporting signs for a while," Kelly Little told WTAE-TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
What ever the numerous failures at the event were, she still seems to be a real leader to clearly and unequivocally state that:

1.) She is ultimately responsible.
2.) What happened was unacceptable- period.

Hoping that if her head needs to roll, it rolls to another senior position somewhere- maybe in business, but not security management?

Chances are good that the numerous bad decisions that were made for rally were several levels below her and that she trusted "Dont worry boss, we have this- we do it all the time." type statements in briefings.

Her statement about not putting snipers on top of the building because it had a sloped roof is demonstrably false because there were snipers placed elsewhere at the event that were on a sloped roof. I see her saying that bit potentially resulting in her losing her job. President Biden and everyone else on down that is protected by the Secret Service would be in danger if the Secret Service actually has a policy now of telling their countersnipers to just go inside buildings rather than on top if the roof is sloped. I think she's just pretending to be accountable while not being accountable since the Secret Service did have countersnipers on a sloped roof at the event.

One odd thing (well at least to me) is that he went back for a range finder. I dont think there would be bullet drop concerns at that range- but I could be wrong. What do you think?

If the range finder was not needed, it seems "James Bondish" and implies fantasy. But, that is contradicted by just how accurate he was.
Never used one. (RF). I used 30-06 for deer, it was obvious how close they were. But think of a football field, so trump was further away than that.

He had an hour to spend waiting for trump. Maybe the RF was just a fantasy toy.

I'm still a little confused, the county guys saw him on the ground outside the window sighting the RF? Then he returned with a duffle? But not said yet how he then got up on top?

The shooter was definitely raised in a gun culture, if not in his country and state, for sure in his home. More than 20 guns were registered to his father. I mean is this normal? I grew up on a farm in an isolated area in Canada and our home had one gun (in the basement with ammunition upstairs). It was a single shot .22 rifle my Dad used to shoot coyotes wanting to raid the henhouse.
I own over a dozen firearms, about half of which I inherited from my father. Some are old. Some rifles, shotguns, a couple handguns. That is pretty common in my region.

Never used one. (RF). I used 30-06 for deer, it was obvious how close they were. But think of a football field, so trump was further away than that.

He had an hour to spend waiting for trump. Maybe the RF was just a fantasy toy.

I'm still a little confused, the county guys saw him on the ground outside the window sighting the RF? Then he returned with a duffle? But not said yet how he then got up on top?
If he was practicing at a gun club (shooting range) and they had specific lanes that had targets at a specific distance, then I do wonder if he was trying to find a location that roughly the same distance away as he was most accurate with when he was practicing at the range?

If the range finder was not needed, it seems "James Bondish" and implies fantasy. But, that is contradicted by just how accurate he was. It just seems odd.
I agree, part of the fantasy. There would be no such concerns of bullet drop from that range. I could see a rangefinder coming in handy if he was shooting from a much greater distance, but it was totally unnecessary here. He was firing with a semiautomatic weapon too, so perfect accuracy was not required on that first shot.

Height wasn't his issue anyway; he was apparently missing left of target.

U.S. Detected Iranian Plot to Kill Trump Separate From Last Weekend’s Shooting​

American intelligence agencies were tracking an Iranian assassination effort even before the attack on former President Donald J. Trump. But officials said the two were unrelated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni
Back