PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, there is the possibility he hid something the day before.

I think you are likely to be right, in that he took the ladder over there to scope out the area but of course couldn't bring it on rally day.
The ladder was supposedly purchased the day of the attack. So I think he thought he'd need it after scoping out the site, but it ultimately wound up being unnecessary (if him scaling the AC units is true).

NEWS — Senate briefing on Trump rally shooting just concluded. Top lines, per 2 senators on the call:—The shooter visited the rally site a few days in advance to scope it out—62 mins elapsed between the time the shooter was photographed as being suspicious and when he fired the shots—20 mins elapsed between the time he was spotted by snipers & when he fired the shots—FBI Director Wray said there’s no known foreign nexus but no established motive as of now. Shooter used encrypted comms and had little to no social media presence

Huh?
Has this been confirmed?

"20 mins elapsed between the time he was spotted by snipers & when he fired the shots—"

AND there had been an attempted assassination nearby, with reports of dead and injured victims and a dead shooter.

I’m trying to remember how quickly it was that the BBC came out with the interview of the ginger-haired young man who reported that he and others had drawn the attention of police officers to a young man “bear-crawling” across a nearby roof. Before 11 pm?
Bbm.
Yes, before 11pm , I'd say.
Not sure, but I think that's not his real hair.
Looks like a wig piece attached to the visor brim ? :D

Here are a few links , notice the lighting outside and the people milling about in the background, and some leaving ?

Photo still from the video, notice there are people standing around in the background and the buildings are from the area of the shooting ?

cnn photo.JPG

Multiple witnesses said they tried to point out the suspect to police and Secret Service agents before gunfire erupted.

Red bolding mine.

This article says they tried to warn both local LE ands the secret service.
Omo.

The ladder was supposedly purchased the day of the attack. So I think he thought he'd need it after scoping out the site, but it ultimately wound up being unnecessary (if him scaling the AC units is true).

Oh, thanks....There goes that theory.

I also read he used an air conditioning vent and wonder if rumor or fact?

I believe he scoped out that building as soon as he heard Trump was coming, and figured out exactly how to get on that roof....common sense....2 Cents

Police were warned of Trump rally shooter at least 86 seconds before gunfire, video shows.

A Post analysis of the video backs up reports from other witnesses, who have said they tried to alert police in the moments before shots rang out.

86 precious seconds that could have saved the life of an innocent man and prevent the injuries to three others.
Unacceptable.
Someone(s) has blood on their hands, imo. :mad:
Omo.

NEWS — Senate briefing on Trump rally shooting just concluded. Top lines, per 2 senators on the call:—The shooter visited the rally site a few days in advance to scope it out—62 mins elapsed between the time the shooter was photographed as being suspicious and when he fired the shots—20 mins elapsed between the time he was spotted by snipers & when he fired the shots—FBI Director Wray said there’s no known foreign nexus but no established motive as of now. Shooter used encrypted comms and had little to no social media presence

"The shooter used encrypted coms." from the above link makes me wonder who he was communicating with and why did it require encryption. JMO.

I figured he had scoped it out based on that ladder purchase. They probably got the location data from his phone.

Looks like he really did pull a Paddock with the encryption and lack of a digital trail. They should have found something by now…
Do you know what does it mean by he used encryption when messaging? Does that mean he could have been communicating with others, but they can't access it easily and it will take time to decipher?

Do you know what does it mean by he used encryption when messaging? Does that mean he could have been communicating with others, but they can't access it easily and it will take time to decipher?
Good questions.

You don't need encrypted comms to contact your parents to say you're going to be late for dinner. JMO.

quick question I saw where they found a receipt for the ladder but were they able to see he brought a ladder in? maybe he dropped the ladder the few days before?
They released his movements that day and it was said he went to buy the ladder that day and they found the receipt in his pocket. So if he scoped this area out ahead of time, he likely saw that maybe he'd need a ladder and then bought one, but I don't know if we've seen any indication that they found the ladder he bought. We see the photos of a ladder against the building, but that could be from police after the fact using a ladder to gain access. I thought I saw earlier today or yesterday that the shooter gained access to the building buy climbing on an AC unit. So I don't know where his ladder was or if they have found it.

Might be nothing. Lots of younger people today use WhatsAppp. It is completely encrypted conversation.
We came across that in a missing person's case (18 year old Theo Hayez) and then realised the amount of young people who use it in their day to day lives.

IIRC the police were never able to get to those encrypted conversations. WhatsApp does not store the encrypted conversations.

Another article from some experts, breaking down the assassination attempt.
Excerpt:
"The Secret Service snipers “were pointed in that direction,” Bruggeman added. “But what I believe was happening was they were looking hundreds of yards past him into tree lines and windows, looking for what people were talking about.”"

From reading a number of different articles, I think what happened here is the SS snipers were looking out past that building, anticipating a long-range sniper. Since it was outside the security perimeter, securing that building was outsourced to local LE, who probably believed their presence in and around the building would deter anyone from attempting to climb it. SS wasn't paying close attention to that building since they believed LE wouldn't allow anyone to access the roof.

I know that all the sudden my phone is saying my messages are end to end encryption and I didn't do anything to the settings. I think it is in messenger too.

Might be nothing. Lots of younger people today use WhatsAppp. It is completely encrypted conversation.
We came across that in a missing person's case (18 year old Theo Hayez) and then realised the amount of young people who use it in their day to day lives.

IIRC the police were never able to get to those encrypted conversations. WhatsApp does not store the encrypted conversations.
Disclaimer on WhatsApp:
"End-to-end encryption keeps your personal messages and calls between you and the people you choose. Not even WhatApp can read or listen to them. This includes your text and voice messages, audio and video calls, photos videos and documents, location sharing, and status updates."
Only the recipients of his messages would be able to provide any messages he would have sent.

My question now is: Where was the ladder found? And where was the backpack found? And the rangefinder?

We know from photos that he was found with AR nearby, and his phone and some other device.

What time was that first suspicious character photo of him taken ( by SS ) ? That was a pretty good glimpse of him.

Is there any perimeter security footage known?

possibly another dumb question: a forensic autopsy will be performed correct looking for any possible brain anomaly?
I’m not sure the brain would be studied like they do when a brain is donated after autopsy, but they’d probably be looking at the brain in the normal context, as the photo I’ve seen indicates he caught one right to the head.

Good questions.

You don't need encrypted comms to contact your parents to say you're going to be late for dinner. JMO.
all of my messages are encrypted I didn't set it up that way either, I just noticed one day after an update my messages and messenger were saying that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieV
Back