PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's really nothing to gain by destroying evidence. All he apparently had in there was a vest and explosives, and we've learned of nothing being found that has been helpful to the investigation.
Distraction? Maybe he thought he could outsmart everyone and get away if he could distract LE & SS with an explosion possibly including injuries to others?

so the latest update at nytimes says he used his phone to look up images of Trump and Biden and others It also says he looked up information on mental health. I'm starting to wonder if he was in the beginning stages of Schizophrenia and was begin to suffer from psychosis. In the early stages which often starts in the late teens and early 20's a person can have symptoms that look like major depressive disorder.

"Among the other famous figures the gunman searched for: Mr. Wray himself, Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and a member of the British royal family, according to two officials with knowledge of the situation, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the matter publicly."

"Officials singled out some of the searches on one of his cellphones — the device he left in his residence — saying that he had looked up “major depressive disorder,” according to the person on the calls."

Gunman’s Phone Had Details About Both Trump and Biden, F.B.I. Officials Say

Distraction? Maybe he thought he could outsmart everyone and get away if he could distract LE & SS with an explosion possibly including injuries to others?
that was my original thought when I thought the car was parked closer, I guess a few blocks down the road would still be a distraction. But when I learned he was not wearing the vest I figured he was planning on dying. But maybe he wanted more time to shoot or to cause more panic, he had a detonator on his person for a reason....

I just went into a rabbit hole to figure out where the setting is and I have an option to turn on secure storage where my encrypted messages are sent to a cloud,
There might be a difference between stored material and communicated material.

The more sophisticated communication ciphers work like: Encoding key - message - decoding key.

In short, if I want to send steamy messages to my ex, but dont want my current reading them (evidently a common use for these ciphers), I need to:

Send my ex a decoding key. Use my encoding key to send the message. She uses her decoding key to read the message. Ideally, when she replies, we use new keys each time.

I forgot what makes the exchange of keys super secure and difficult to break as well. But, the concept of exchanging super secure keys, then sending the message has been around for a long time.

There might be a difference between stored material and communicated material.

The more sophisticated communication ciphers work like: Encoding key - message - decoding key.

In short, if I want to send steamy messages to my ex, but dont want my current reading them (evidently a common use for these ciphers), I need to:

Send my ex a decoding key. Use my encoding key to send the message. She uses her decoding key to read the message. Ideally, when she replies, we use new keys each time.

I forgot what makes the exchange of keys super secure and difficult to break as well. But, the concept of exchanging super secure keys, then sending the message has been around for a long time.
interesting, now I want to know if they were talking about standard encryption like the whats up app and my messages or something more ciphered.

Was this the incident where they climbed on the roof, or is that separate??
Good question.
IF the secret service spotted him at 5:52, why wasn't he questioned or arrested -- until 6:12 ?
TC was not supposed to be up there with a rifle.
I don't think it was the secret service who accessed the roof before TC started firing ?

"... Butler County Sheriff Michael T. Slupe told The Post that one local police officer did confront Crooks before the shooting.

The officer hoisted himself up on the roof to check on reports of a suspicious man, Slupe said.
But the officer, who was not able to access a gun because he was gripping the edge of the roof, had to drop down when the shooter aimed his weapon at him, the sheriff said..."

Once the LEO saw TC aiming a gun at him -- he should have alerted the secret service.
From the photos, it looks like the (air conditioning ?) unit that was accessed before the roof-- was a flat surface.
So why couldn't the LEO draw his weapon once he'd climbed onto that ?

Photo of back of the bldg. with the shorter square unit next to it:

Back of building.jpeg

quick question I saw where they found a receipt for the ladder but were they able to see he brought a ladder in? maybe he dropped the ladder the few days before?
IIRC the ladder receipt, which was mentioned upthread, said a 5-foot ladder. Unless that was a typo for 15-foot ladder, there is no way the tapered ladder we saw in the photos was a 5 foot ladder. Maybe he used a 5 foot ladder that we haven't yet seen? To access the A/C unit at a different location than where we saw the tall tapered ladder. MOO

so the latest update at nytimes says he used his phone to look up images of Trump and Biden and others It also says he looked up information on mental health. I'm starting to wonder if he was in the beginning stages of Schizophrenia and was begin to suffer from psychosis. In the early stages which often starts in the late teens and early 20's a person can have symptoms that look like major depressive disorder.

"Among the other famous figures the gunman searched for: Mr. Wray himself, Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and a member of the British royal family, according to two officials with knowledge of the situation, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the matter publicly."

"Officials singled out some of the searches on one of his cellphones — the device he left in his residence — saying that he had looked up “major depressive disorder,” according to the person on the calls."

Gunman’s Phone Had Details About Both Trump and Biden, F.B.I. Officials Say
Thanks.

I remember the guy who set himself on fire in front of the Manhattan Courthouse

They let him take the stage! Instead of stopping the shooter, delaying the speech....they chose to ignore risk and danger or what?

It wasn't until the local LE climbed up, and saw TC and then the shooting happened.

I am so so sorry, Mr Comperatore
RIP

I would imagine that foreign governments around the world are now wary of having their foreign leaders making a state visit anytime soon to the United States if they don't have any confidence with the SS concerning security of visiting dignitaries.

NEWS — Senate briefing on Trump rally shooting just concluded. Top lines, per 2 senators on the call:—The shooter visited the rally site a few days in advance to scope it out—62 mins elapsed between the time the shooter was photographed as being suspicious and when he fired the shots—20 mins elapsed between the time he was spotted by snipers & when he fired the shots—FBI Director Wray said there’s no known foreign nexus but no established motive as of now. Shooter used encrypted comms and had little to no social media presence

—20 mins elapsed between the time he was spotted by snipers & when he fired the shots

Twenty minutes!! HOW does 20 minutes pass with NOTHING being done... and these are professionals, right?!?

ETA: Sniper "A" thought Crooks was part of Sniper "B" team, and Sniper "B" team thought Crooks was part of Sniper "A" team?? No communication for twenty minutes between anyone in charge of either team?? What were these professionals doing?

Last edited:
IIRC the ladder receipt, which was mentioned upthread, said a 5-foot ladder. Unless that was a typo for 15-foot ladder, there is no way the tapered ladder we saw in the photos was a 5 foot ladder. Maybe he used a 5 foot ladder that we haven't yet seen? To access the A/C unit at a different location than where we saw the tall tapered ladder. MOO
If the car description was correct as a Hyundai sedan a five foot ladder to transport makes more sense than anything longer. It’s not a big vehicle

That really is an eternity. 11 seconds to find him and 15 seconds to end him. I’m shocked he didn’t get more shots off.
It is. Can't wait for details on the gun. How big was the magazine? I've got dozens of PMAG 30 rounders here. Cheap, easy to get. Paddock used these IIRC.

It is. Can't wait for details on the gun. How big was the magazine? I've got dozens of PMAG 30 rounders here. Cheap, easy to get. Paddock used these IIRC.
They said he had 3 magazines with “nearly 100” rounds in his car. So I’m assuming he was using standard 30 round mags.

ETA: Sniper "A" thought Crooks was part of Sniper "B" team, and Sniper "B" team thought Crooks was part of Sniper "A" team?? No communication for twenty minutes between anyone in charge of either team?? What were these professionals doing?
And he was obviously in civilian clothes which should have alerted them that he wasn't in either team.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back