PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was it said somewhere that the SS snipers though he was part of a sniper team?

That kid looks nothing like a sniper, I'm sorry, but if they want us to believe that, I just can't. He wasn't dressed for it, he didn't look like the part, he didn't even have the correct type of weapon. Look at the SS sniper guns, clothing, demeanor.. they aren't sliding around on the roof slinking up the back trying to lay flat.. they are up there ready to get after it, in typical police clothing.. no way anyone thought that kid was a sniper part of any team of LE.
Agreed.

The AR-556 Crooks used was a good gun for a 140 yard shot, IMO.

But the SS Snipers looked like they were using AI accuracy international bolt actions in 308 or 300 win mag with Nightforce 5-25x or 7-35x scopes. Deadly 1000 yards+

Secret Service Counter Snipers have very stringent qualifications on skills and physical ability, including eyesight and hearing: Special Operations Division: Counter Sniper Team (CS)

so the latest update at nytimes says he used his phone to look up images of Trump and Biden and others It also says he looked up information on mental health. I'm starting to wonder if he was in the beginning stages of Schizophrenia and was begin to suffer from psychosis. In the early stages which often starts in the late teens and early 20's a person can have symptoms that look like major depressive disorder.

Gunman’s Phone Had Details About Both Trump and Biden, F.B.I. Officials Say
Interesting thought - schizophrenia does often start to develop in men in their early 20s.

I would imagine that foreign governments around the world are now wary of having their foreign leaders making a state visit anytime soon to the United States if they don't have any confidence with the SS concerning security of visiting dignitaries.
Add to that we are exposing our weakness and strategies world wide for all of our enemies and the unhinged on either side of the aisle to the inner workings of the Secret Service. As much as I am disturbed by the fact that I have learned that the inside perimeter is 150 ish yards, I am more disturbed by those who wish to do harm now know that. Etc for the details about only two counter sniper teams, the motorcade not being exactly ready to exit the venue, the LE inside the interior perimeter not having access to the second tier and most importantly that there was this level of incompetence measured by the fact that Trump was allowed to access the stage despite warnings.

Secret Service allowed for a direct site line to the principal. Although there could have been measures to prevent this that have been used in the past like pulling in moving vans, dump trucks etc in the green space between the principal and the shooter those measures were inexplicably not used.

Like another poster expressed. I think there should be some resignations and pink slips.

IIRC the ladder receipt, which was mentioned upthread, said a 5-foot ladder. Unless that was a typo for 15-foot ladder, there is no way the tapered ladder we saw in the photos was a 5 foot ladder. Maybe he used a 5 foot ladder that we haven't yet seen? To access the A/C unit at a different location than where we saw the tall tapered ladder. MOO
5-foot ladder on top of AC unit to then climb up?

• 5:10 Crooks was first identified as a person of interest
  • 5:30 Crooks was spotted with a rangefinder
  • 5:52 Crooks was spotted on the roof by Secret Service
  • 6:02 Trump takes the stage
  • 6:12 Crooks fires first shots
S&BBM.

The fact that 20 minutes went by between when he was spotted on the roof and when he opened fire is unbelievable. I mean yes, in hindsight it’s bothersome that he was originally spotted the first time so much earlier, but him being ON the roof with a RIFLE should have been an obvious enough threat to go after him much sooner. Unacceptable.

I think the Secret Service policy as it sounds so far is bad as it doesn't seem to take into account the resources and training of the local LE, like it's one thing putting the LAPD or NYPD out there to try and stop international actors, but it's a whole other thing when you're dealing with a small and relatively resource poor police organization, like the Butler Township Police who the Secret Service head seems to be blaming just seems ill-equipped for protecting heads of state in the immediate vicinity:
"The Butler Township Police Department is managed by Chief John Hays and consists of a lieutenant, four patrol sergeants, three detectives, twelve full time patrol officers, one part time dog law enforcement officer, and two full time clerical support staff."

I so agree.

At the risk of being a braggart for my city, IMO the NYPD, which has seen everything, would have handled this entirely differently.

Of course they are a huge force dealing with every imaginable circumstance and therefore experienced and well-equipped.

When something unthinkable happens, like 9/11, the police were unprepared because no one had conceived of something like that. Yet danger at a rally at which a former president/presidential candidate is speaking in the open air is certainly “thinkable.”

My impression is perhaps the fault lies in a failure to imagine that an assassin would choose a small Pennsylvania town to commit this act, rather than a big city.
So often someone from a rural area shows up in a big city to do damage. Easier to hide, easier to get away, easier to make a big splash.

Jmo

Last edited:
Add to that we are exposing our weakness and strategies world wide for all of our enemies and the unhinged on either side of the aisle to the inner workings of the Secret Service. As much as I am disturbed by the fact that I have learned that the inside perimeter is 150 ish yards, I am more disturbed by those who wish to do harm now know that. Etc for the details about only two counter sniper teams, the motorcade not being exactly ready to exit the venue, the LE inside the interior perimeter not having access to the second tier and most importantly that there was this level of incompetence measured by the fact that Trump was allowed to access the stage despite warnings.

Secret Service allowed for a direct site line to the principal. Although there could have been measures to prevent this that have been used in the past like pulling in moving vans, dump trucks etc in the green space between the principal and the shooter those measures were inexplicably not used.

Like another poster expressed. I think there should be some resignations and pink slips.

WOW

Never thought of that....LE is now letting the whole word know all this inside information on SS security practices and there will be a big hearing with insider testimony on Capitol Hill courtesy of the House Homeland Security Committee including....

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, FBI Director Christopher Wray, and Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle. They will testify before the panel on July 23.

“The American people want answers on what happened Saturday in Pennsylvania"

Green demands Mayorkas, Wray, and Cheatle testify on Capitol Hill about Trump assassination attempt​

Last edited:
The Secret Service was investigated almost a decade ago for many flagrant infractions. I have a link to the report but I have no link to learn how any of the findings were acted upon. I had forgotten about many of these incidents and as a young mother at the time knew nothing about others. SMH

WOW

Never thought of that....LE is now letting the whole word know all this inside information on SS security practces and there will be a big hearing with insider testimony on Capitol Hill courtesy of the House Homeland Security Committee including....

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, FBI Director Christopher Wray, and Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle. They will testify before the panel on July 23.

“The American people want answers on what happened Saturday in Pennsylvania"

Green demands Mayorkas, Wray, and Cheatle testify on Capitol Hill about Trump assassination attempt​

On the hearing scheduled for next week. I already know what will be said.

" I/ We cannot answer that, as it is currently under investigation"...... constantly

I believe you, of course,
Yet I’m astonished that it wasn’t breaking news.

Here in NYC I was driving home from my beach club, maybe a few minutes past 6:00 PM here. The main local radio news station, WINS, broke in to say that there was an “incident” at a Trump rally and that Trump had been “whisked away.”

By the time I got home, about 10 minutes later, and turned on the TV it was on every channel. Repeatedly, and nothing but that news.
If it were a state sponsored attack, our nation does not gain from sharing the results of the attack on every channel, so the enemy can assess the results of the attack and preview the evidence left behind. Especially if the operative(s) were all deceased.

MOO

The head of the Secret Service has been ordered to appear at a House Oversight Committee hearing next week as part of an investigation into the attempt to assassinate Trump.

Cheatle's voluntary appearance at the July 22 hearing recently came into question, which necessitated the subpoena, according to the subpoena from Rep. James Comer, R-Ky. The document, obtained by NBC News, said the Secret Service originally committed to her voluntary attendance but officials from the Department of Homeland Security "appear to have intervened."

"The lack of transparency and failure to cooperate with the Committee on this pressing matter by both DHS and the Secret Service further calls into question your ability to lead the Secret Service and necessitates the attached subpoena compelling your appearance before the Oversight Committee," Comer wrote.

Video emerges showing law enforcement officers stopped by fence after shooting​

patrick-smith-circle-byline-template.jpg

2bd75f9e-7511-4893-86a0-238030029f1b_3.png

Patrick Smith and Bryan Gallion
Video verified by NBC News shows the moment Secret Service and state police officers were stopped from reaching the building from where shooter Thomas Crooks had just shot former President Donald Trump by a metal fence.
The video, posted to X, shows officers stood waiting while a police vehicle rammed the fence to make an opening. The SUV only managed to create a hole big enough for officers to then crawl through.

Everything about this fiasco and the upcoming investigations might be laughable if not for loss of an innocent life and serious injury to other innocent rally-goers. jmo

The head of the Secret Service has been ordered to appear at a House Oversight Committee hearing next week as part of an investigation into the attempt to assassinate Trump.

Cheatle's voluntary appearance at the July 22 hearing recently came into question, which necessitated the subpoena, according to the subpoena from Rep. James Comer, R-Ky. The document, obtained by NBC News, said the Secret Service originally committed to her voluntary attendance but officials from the Department of Homeland Security "appear to have intervened."

"The lack of transparency and failure to cooperate with the Committee on this pressing matter by both DHS and the Secret Service further calls into question your ability to lead the Secret Service and necessitates the attached subpoena compelling your appearance before the Oversight Committee," Comer wrote.

Video emerges showing law enforcement officers stopped by fence after shooting​

patrick-smith-circle-byline-template.jpg

2bd75f9e-7511-4893-86a0-238030029f1b_3.png

Patrick Smith and Bryan Gallion
Video verified by NBC News shows the moment Secret Service and state police officers were stopped from reaching the building from where shooter Thomas Crooks had just shot former President Donald Trump by a metal fence.
The video, posted to X, shows officers stood waiting while a police vehicle rammed the fence to make an opening. The SUV only managed to create a hole big enough for officers to then crawl through.

Everything about this fiasco and the upcoming investigations might be laughable if not for loss of an innocent life and serious injury to other innocent rally-goers. jmo
I don't know how she makes it out of this with her job in-tact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back