PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
S&BBM.

The fact that 20 minutes went by between when he was spotted on the roof and when he opened fire is unbelievable. I mean yes, in hindsight it’s bothersome that he was originally spotted the first time so much earlier, but him being ON the roof with a RIFLE should have been an obvious enough threat to go after him much sooner. Unacceptable.

“that he was originally spotted the first time so much earlier, but him being ON the roof with a RIFLE should have been an obvious enough threat to go after him much sooner.
Unacceptable”

It’s astonishing that we got to see it on video, as in, it was long enough to be recorded. Serious case of a picture paints a thousand words.

If he left the screening area to go back to his vehicle to retrieve the rifle why didn't he have to go through the screening area again? Did he enter the area through an unmonitored location? And if he did, why weren't additional access points besides the main one monitored? How far in advance was the rally advertised? And when was it advertised that the rally wouldn't be held at the airport and changed to the fairgrounds?
The screening area was for the venue itself (stage, seating). He apparently only entered once, and then exited. There would be no magnetometers outside of that area.

I found the rally announcement on Twitter, which was July, 3. That gave him exactly 10 days to work with. They initially tried to secure the airport as a venue, but settled on this location when they couldn't book it. There was never an advertisement for the airport location, as it never got past the planning stage.

Law enforcement officials investigating the assassination attempt on Donald Trump told lawmakers Wednesday that 20 minutes passed between the time U.S. Secret Service snipers first spotted the gunman on a rooftop and the time shots were fired at the former president, according to several law enforcement officials and lawmakers briefed on the matter.
Red bolding mine.

Still shaking my head.

In the first video at the Yahoo link : At around 1:20 min. and following, you can see which bldg. the secret service were on.
It appears to be one of the two red sheds with the large crane next to it that's holding the flag ?
Hope that helps.
Omo.

yes ty but I'm looking for the video of the sniper that shot him - there were TWO teams of TWO snipers each on TWO different red barns - Massguy said the pictures put out by media are not of the sniper who shot him but the other team on the other red barn

yes ty but I'm looking for the video of the sniper that shot him - there were TWO teams of TWO snipers each on TWO different red barns - Massguy said the pictures put out by media are not of the sniper who shot him but the other team on the other red barn
There is no known video released at this point. All we've seen is video of those two snipers who turned out not to be the ones who returned fire, as initially reported.

BREAKING NEWS Trump shooter Thomas Crooks wrote 'July 13 will be my premiere, watch as it unfolds' on gaming platform Steam before shooting the former president​

Donald Trump's would-be assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks wrote an ominous warning on a gaming platform before he shot the former president.

DailyMail.com confirmed U.S. Senators were told the 20-year-old gunman posted on Steam: 'July 13 will be my premiere, watch as it unfolds.'
On July 13 he opened fire on the Republican nominee from a roof just 130 yards away from the rally stage in Butler, Pennsylvania.

Senators were also briefed that investigators found searches for Trump, President Joe Biden, when is the Democratic National Convention. He also looked up more information about the July 13 rally where he carried out the horrifying attempt on the president's life.

The FBI also found he had two cell phones, the second of which was found at home with only 27 contacts.

-Officials did not confirm an operating motive and said that his rationale remains a mystery.

They said that they have yet to find any ideological material that could shine light on why Crooks decided to shoot the former president.

But, they did reveal that Crooks operated several accounts on encrypted platforms that they are still working to gain access to, the source said.

On July 8, an advance team walked the site, the Butler Farm Show grounds, to assess a security threat. Agents worked with local law enforcement and explained what the Secret Service would handle and what law enforcement would be expected to do. Crucially, the Secret Service decided that a group of warehouses to the north of the stage would be excluded from the security zone, despite being only about 450 feet from Mr. Trump’s podium. That was within a rifle’s range

That meant the warehouses were assigned to local law enforcement to secure. The Secret Service and the local police had treated the complex of warehouses just north of the rally site as an observation post. It was considered a place from which to watch Mr. Trump’s crowd — not a place that needed to be watched, itself.

But that created a blind spot, outside the security perimeter but well within rifle range of Mr. Trump. It was exploited by a gunman with no military training and little subtlety, who showed up early and acted oddly enough that police photographed him and distributed his picture, though with no weapon in view...

"When the F.B.I. was able to finally access Mr. Crooks’s cellphones and other electronic devices, agents could see that he had searched for images of Mr. Trump as well as President Biden, Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and even F.B.I. Director Christopher A. Wray.
Mr. Crooks also had at typed in “major depressive disorder” and searched for dates and places for appearances for both. Biden and Mr. Trump.

When the police reached Mr. Crooks’s body on the roof, he had no identification on him. Officers traced the serial number on his rifle to his father. In his pocket, he carried a remote control to the bombs in his car.
It was not clear if he had tried to use it, or if the bombs were made well enough to explode.

.https://nytimes.com/2024/07/17/us/politics/secret-service-trump-shooting.html

[bbm]

that makes it obvious (to me) that he would've shot either Trump or Biden and just chose the easiest one in terms of location or date

he just wanted to be infamous IMO

Good question, we just don't know. I think it's possible he used it to help construct the bombs in some way. Ukraine uses them in order to make the outer casings for drone bombs, which are then filled with explosives. That's obviously different from what this guy would have been doing, but who knows.
You can make weapons with a 3D printer but they still require some metal components. And the time to build them. Not easy or cheap. I wonder if Crooks owned a drone.
And there is a 3D printer company in Prospect PA called JSD Supply which specializes in 3D parts and frames.

BREAKING NEWS Trump shooter Thomas Crooks wrote 'July 13 will be my premiere, watch as it unfolds' on gaming platform Steam before shooting the former president​

Donald Trump's would-be assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks wrote an ominous warning on a gaming platform before he shot the former president.

DailyMail.com confirmed U.S. Senators were told the 20-year-old gunman posted on Steam: 'July 13 will be my premiere, watch as it unfolds.'
On July 13 he opened fire on the Republican nominee from a roof just 130 yards away from the rally stage in Butler, Pennsylvania.

Senators were also briefed that investigators found searches for Trump, President Joe Biden, when is the Democratic National Convention. He also looked up more information about the July 13 rally where he carried out the horrifying attempt on the president's life.

The FBI also found he had two cell phones, the second of which was found at home with only 27 contacts.

-Officials did not confirm an operating motive and said that his rationale remains a mystery.

They said that they have yet to find any ideological material that could shine light on why Crooks decided to shoot the former president.

But, they did reveal that Crooks operated several accounts on encrypted platforms that they are still working to gain access to, the source said.

finally
we knew it was there somewhere
his brag
he was nothing special, just like all the other mass shooters

The shooter who attempted to assassinate former President Donald Trump on Saturday normally would have been at work that day, but he told his boss he needed that the day off because he had “something to do,” according to multiple law enforcement officials.

Thomas Matthew Crooks told his coworkers he would be back to work on Sunday.

Around 11 p.m., Crooks’ father reported him missing, law enforcement officials told CNN. His father told agents that he believed his son had taken the rifle Saturday to go to the shooting range and thought he would be back by around 1:00 p.m., the sources said.

5-foot ladder on top of AC unit to then climb up?
The roof did not look very tall, and it definitely had sections that went from one roof to another, some of which were a foot or three lower than the roof. As teenager, I would climb on a school roof, two stories tall, by climbing a fence, first roof, up on an A/C unit, foot on a cement pole to the right, second roof (coming down was harder....). So A/C unit 4 feet off the ground to a roof join piece that is 7 feet off the ground to the roof that is 10-11 feet off the ground. It might be higher, though unless that normal looking door is 8 feet tall, I don't think it is really taller than 15 feet (max) at the peak, so maybe 10-11 feet at the edges. JMO.

What you said yesterday-he wanted to be notorious. He picked the person who is being covered the most, every network, every platform & every where. He wanted it to never be forgotten; his name would be in the history books forever. Dead or alive.

What you said yesterday-he wanted to be notorious. He picked the person who is being covered the most, every network, every platform & every where. He wanted it to never be forgotten; his name would be in the history books forever. Dead or alive.
Yup. Fortunately he’s an incompetent moron who couldn’t shoot straight.

Secret Service agents are trained to notice even subtle signs that someone might be a threat. This guy might as well have been walking around with a massive warning sign above his head.

That’s what makes this failure all the more remarkable.

This guy should have wound up like the stories we hear all the time “armed man arrested near so and so event,”

It would be comical if not for the damage he inflicted.

He had absolutely no chance to accomplish what he set out to do. It was an exercise in futility that would end in his arrest.

Except it wasn’t…

he was just more likeable (according to some who knew him) than they usually are
Yeah, I mean there are definitely some unusual elements here.

By all accounts he was intelligent, and planning for the future.

A lot of these guys are on someone’s radar, whether it be local police or people who just know them.

He was liked at work, and seemed to care about the elderly residents.

He wasn’t raging online, or spouting insane conspiracy theories.

He’s probably a guy who you can’t stop making an effort to do something like this, and your only hope is to stop him as he’s trying to go through with it.

Which is obviously scary.

She should take all her belongings with her just like they do in Survivor at tribal council.
IMOO the farm show grounds was a horrible choice for this event. The local police were dealing with route 68 and meridian road tore up. Traffic there is awful. So many buildings around. Complete chaos on a normal day. Butler just isn’t equipped to handle this on our local LE.
I wonder if the the SS security attached to Trump tried to discourage this location as a rally site. Surely they would see all the deficits to a site with numerous buildings in random locations in close proximity to wooded areas as well as a water tower. Were their concerns ignored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader