PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's a Tweet From an NBC reporter repeating his colleague's reporting. I mean, we all knew this. There were no broken teleprompters, and we've seen the path of the bullets thanks to those amazing photos by that NY Times photographer, who actually captured one passing directly behind Trump. His head was turned, as opposed to the initial reporting that likely assumed it was glass because if he was facing forward and took an ear shot, he'd be dead.

Of course those posts were quickly deleted, but the rumor lived on until now. I'm sure the SS would have loved for it to have been glass though, as it would take little bit of the sting off of their failure. Maybe.

Joy Reid on Wednesday and another person from MSNBC, Michael Steele. The origin (according to Snopes) is a Tweet citing "a Pennsylvania police source" expressing the opinion that it was glass from a teleprompter.
Joy Reid, on Wednesday, July 17th, and another person from MSNBC, Michael Steele, questioned whether it was really a bullet that inflicted the injury to the ear of Mr. Trump.

Not sure if the pictures will attach properly, but in the images I've attempted to attach, the circle on the right shows what appears to be the first point of impact/entry wound and just how close the projectile came to finding its intended destination.

Pictures are from Snopes.
Information about the Tweet and MSNBC discussion is from Fox News and Joy Reid's instagram "threads" page.

1721497209513.png

My apologies if these reports have already been posted. Thread moves quickly, and I can't always keep up :oops:

...“The U.S. Secret Service adds additional resources for all campaign cycles including manpower and a variety of protective technology. This addition of resources happens for all election cycles and is part of our candidate nominee operations section and additional resources were allocated to Former President Trump’s protective detail in June. In addition, we have implemented changes to his security detail since July 13 to ensure his continued protection throughout the remainder of the campaign.”...

This makes me wonder how safe President Obama is since he's not running for office. I do think former Presidents should get pretty significant security regardless of what they are doing. Now that the opportunity has presented itself, I'd imagine any number of school shooter types would love to take potshots at Obama if they think they can get with a couple hundred yards and can get off a few rounds.

Anyone know what happened to Michelle Herczeg, the US SS Agent who was assigned to protect Kamala Harris... other than being relieved of her duties? Was there an investigation into the brawl that took place just a few months ago?

Have we ever had an event of this magnitude with no presser on it? So many details and questions could be answered if FBI/SS would share with us. This is our country, our president and we deserve the right to know, more 7 days after the event, more information. This is what fuels conspiracy, fake news and lies!

WS is victim friendly, correct? President Trump is the victim in this as are the others that lost their life and are recovering from injuries. Trying to pin any of this on them, how they reacted, what protocol they did or didn't do is not victim friendly. In my strong opinion none of this is their fault before, during and certainly after the fact.
What's happened in the aftermath of the USSS Director and her decision not to immediately address the incident leaves us and the rest of the world twisting in the wind. And yes it seems like every day we are told one thing and then the next report says something different. Her handling of the aftermath of this event should call for consideration of her ability to do the job in addition to the fact we had a 20 year old outsmart the USSS. It's a stain on the agency and I feel awful for the agents who put their life on the line to prevent and protect such an incident.
We had US citizens shot and injured at this event and instead of a brief meeting with lawmakers at the RNC she hid in a bathroom. She couldn't take 10 minutes to meet in private.

Last edited:
This makes me wonder how safe President Obama is since he's not running for office. I do think former Presidents should get pretty significant security regardless of what they are doing. Now that the opportunity has presented itself, I'd imagine any number of school shooter types would love to take potshots at Obama if they think they can get with a couple hundred yards and can get off a few rounds.
I just happen to have this video bookmarked :D, but there are several Obama “close protection” security vids posted on this account

Last edited:

2013​

The Former Presidents Protection Act of 2012, reverses a previous law that limited Secret Service protection for former presidents and their families to 10 years if they served after 1997. Former President George W. Bush and future former presidents will receive Secret Service protection for the rest of their lives. Children of former presidents up to the age of 16 are assured protection under the new law.

What's happened in the aftermath of the USSS Director and her decision not to immediately address the incident leaves us and the rest of the world twisting in the wind. And yes it seems like every day we are told one thing and then the next report says something different. Her handling of the aftermath of this even should call for consideration of her ability to do the job in addition to the fact we had a 20 year old outsmart the USSS. It's a stain on the agency and I feel awful for the agents who put their life on the line to prevent and protect such an incident.
We had US citizens shot and injured at this event and instead of a brief meeting with lawmakers at the RNC she hid in a bathroom. She couldn't take 10 minutes to meet in private.
Why hasn't Cheatle been fired? I think I know the answer but won't speculate. Heads should roll!

He had apparently purchased ammo online, as well as in person.

Reporting was that nearly 100 rounds was found in his car, in 3 magazines. That tells me those magazines were standard 30 round ones.

I can’t imagine he’d use low capacity mags for something like this, especially considering what was found in his car. They should all be the same.
Based on the descrition of the weapon as an "ar-type rifle" combined with reports of the purchase of "50 rounds" of ammunition, I've been assuming it was a pistol caliber and likely used glock magazines. Probably a 9mm or 45 cal weapon.
Generally, .223 is sold in packages of 20 rounds per box and pistol caliber ammo (9mm, .45 acp, etc.) is generally sold 50 or 100 per box. Also, in the videos the weapon report sounded (to me) unlike the default ar caliber of .223/5.56mm.

What's happened in the aftermath of the USSS Director and her decision not to immediately address the incident leaves us and the rest of the world twisting in the wind. And yes it seems like every day we are told one thing and then the next report says something different. Her handling of the aftermath of this even should call for consideration of her ability to do the job in addition to the fact we had a 20 year old outsmart the USSS. It's a stain on the agency and I feel awful for the agents who put their life on the line to prevent and protect such an incident.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Bidens want to keep her on to be their head ss after he leaves office since she was with them when he was vp.

Jmo

Why hasn't Cheatle been fired? I think I know the answer but won't speculate. Heads should roll!
I know. I'm hoping that the reasoning is that she is due to brief on Monday and maybe they are just waiting to get some information from her first. I feel there has been bi-partisan outrage over what happened. The USSS are tasked with protecting the office of the president, future, current and former.

I lived in Hawaii 2021-2023 and he would visit pretty often as he has a home there. Actually many referred to it as the Obama compound. I saw it once from a hiking trail and I'd have to agree. :) When he would be around the island I just picked up on various comments about how things would be because Obama was here. So I do think he has a fair amount of security and when he's moving around things are noticibly different for those in the area. I can't say exactly what is different because I never encountered him or saw a motorcade or anything. but just seeing and hearing the comments leads me to believe maybe things close down somewhat or there are delays when he's going somewhere.

Washington — During Abraham Lincoln's presidency, anyone could come to the White House and see him. Come they did: mothers looking to have their sons released from military service, wives urging that their husbands be freed from prison after resisting the draft, others who simply wanted to meet the president.

“Some only wanted comfort in a terrible time, and that he freely gave," James B. Conroy wrote in his book "Lincoln’s White House: The People’s House in Wartime."

The world has vastly changed since the 1860s, and so has protection for presidents. Protective details have grown in size, responsibility and technology over more than a century of the Secret Service protecting presidents.

When presidents leave the White House, they are accompanied by a phalanx of Secret Service officers and agents. Cars can no longer drive past what is often dubbed “the people's house” at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. The fence has been raised, and don't even try to get past the gate without an appointment or badge.

The number of people under guard also has grown as vice presidents, former presidents, candidates, family members and more get protection...

2013​

The Former Presidents Protection Act of 2012, reverses a previous law that limited Secret Service protection for former presidents and their families to 10 years if they served after 1997. Former President George W. Bush and future former presidents will receive Secret Service protection for the rest of their lives. Children of former presidents up to the age of 16 are assured protection under the new law.

That seems to be pretty deficient though as demonstrably Trump is covered by that act as well and he supposedly had an upgrade beyond what former Presidents get. If Trump with both PPA protection as well as Candidate protection can be targeted at 150 yards, that's why I bring up Obama who only has PPA and not the upgraded Candidate protection on top. Former President Obama should be even less safe than former President Trump if all things are equal with PPA protection. I think the problem is the paucity of PPA protection rather than a need to upgrade Candidate protection as I think former Presidents should get very high levels of protection regardless of what they are doing as they are inherently very high value targets plus other countries can hold grudges against them. Based on what's been said, President Obama isn't getting any heightened security as a result of this.

That seems to be pretty deficient though as demonstrably Trump is covered by that act as well and he supposedly had an upgrade beyond what former Presidents get. If Trump with both PPA protection as well as Candidate protection can be targeted at 150 yards, that's why I bring up Obama who only has PPA and not the upgraded Candidate protection on top. Former President Obama should be even less safe than former President Trump if all things are equal with PPA protection. I think the problem is the paucity of PPA protection rather than a need to upgrade Candidate protection as I think former Presidents should get very high levels of protection regardless of what they are doing as they are inherently very high value targets plus other countries can hold grudges against them. Based on what's been said, President Obama isn't getting any heightened security as a result of this.
Article from April 16, 2023

What does the Secret Service do for former presidents?​

It's the responsibility of the Secret Service to protect former presidents at all times, meaning, "they will oversee and directly co-ordinate all levels of security for wherever [they] go," said Tim Miller, a former Secret Service agent.

But the level of security is "all based on whatever the Secret Service, through its intelligence and co-ordination capabilities, determines is appropriate for the protecting," said Miller.

A source with the Secret Service is saying that TMC likely hid the rifle in advance of the Trump rally.

It would mean that TMC had scouted the area days before the rally event.

It raises the question of where and how the rifle was hidden, and if there were any security check walk through along the perimeters before the rally.

And if TMC scouted the area days before the rally event, did anyone see or notice him bicycling, walking, or driving along that area?

Thomas Matthew Crooks hid rifle in advance of Trump rally sniper attack, Secret Service source says
That's news to me. I haven't been following all that closely, but the last I'd heard, he borrowed from his dad that day to go to the range, and when he didn't return, his dad notified LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back